Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all got me reminiscing about VA. I was stationed in Norfolk. Its mad Southerners in the NAVY. The ones from the deep South didn't really consider the DMV the South although the Mason Dixon is in MD. Some consider it a hybrid of Up North and Down South and I agree with that a little bit. A lot of Brooklyn folks moved or got family in the DMV and North Carolina. They been moving up and down for decades. There was North Carolina rappers from the early 90s rappin like they from Brooklyn.

Y'all got me reminiscing about VA. I was stationed in Norfolk. Its mad Southerners in the NAVY. The ones from the deep South didn't really consider the DMV the South although the Mason Dixon is in MD. Some consider it a hybrid of Up North and Down South and I agree with that a little bit. A lot of Brooklyn folks moved or got family in the DMV and North Carolina. They been moving up and down for decades. There was North Carolina rappers from the early 90s rappin like they from Brooklyn.

Me personally I label it the south based on civil war. MD and Deleware get snow and yes Northern VA but I don’t consider anywhere where it’s snows every winter as the south

Me personally I label it the south based on civil war. MD and Deleware get snow and yes Northern VA but I don’t consider anywhere where it’s snows every winter as the south
My favorite place in Norfolk was DJ's Music & Video in Tidewater Drive.
It reminded me of Beat Street Record store in Downtown Brooklyn. The whole hood went there. When I became a regular I developed connections. When they found out I was from Brooklyn they would try to be my friend and say Norfolk known as baby Brooklyn 😆

The dmv would be the va cities that border DC. Those cities, as you stated, have a mixture of people from the south and up north. We are not really southern at all.

But I know va is the south the moment I hit the Shennadoah area and see the confederate flags waving

The dmv would be the va cities that border DC. Those cities, as you stated, have a mixture of people from the south and up north. We are not really southern at all.

But I know va is the south the moment I hit the Shennadoah area and see the confederate flags waving
I know Hicktown parts of Long Island & Upstate NY that could be considered the south the moment I see the same flags pleighboi😏😆

You know you in the South once you start seeing those
"South of the Border" fireworks signs on the highway. My first time in the South was in Augusta Georgia.
Them niggas was some DuckHead wearing niggas man.
They tried to tell me it was like polo.. 😆
The could ball tho and the Car racing culture is dope.

Local group from Norfolk called Jhunippuz.
@Eyerone
The cd was called "Jhunippuz- Snippet Of A Legacy"
They sound nothing like southerners
tumblr_ok5creqPFT1vet0bvo1_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back