Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated in here that ALL home owners that have rental property are bad. No such thing is a good one in a lot of folks eyes

Well, in general, making absolute statements like that without some very good reasoning is a bad idea.

Some believe land ownership in general is bad. I don't agree with that, and some people owning land is not the reason that other people don't have homes. As with most of our problems, the fault lies with big corporations moreso than the average citizen.

Well, in general, making absolute statements like that without some very good reasoning is a bad idea.

Some believe land ownership in general is bad. I don't agree with that, and some people owning land is not the reason that other people don't have homes. As with most of our problems, the fault lies with big corporations moreso than the average citizen.
How could land ownership ever be a bad thing in a general sense?

How could land ownership ever be a bad thing in a general sense?

The same way the ability to own any limited resource can be a problem. If some can own it and hoard it, they can conceivably lock others out from owning it. We already see that in some areas. Los Angeles actual has more vacant housing than homeless people. It's also one of the hardest places in the country to buy a home. That's problematic.

The same way the ability to own any limited resource can be a problem. If some can own it and hoard it, they can conceivably lock others out from owning it. We already see that in some areas. Los Angeles actual has more vacant housing than homeless people. It's also one of the hardest places in the country to buy a home. That's problematic.

That’s apples to oranges.

it’s an infinite amount of land. Just not affordable. That’s the problem.

So what would be the alternative? Ownership is a necessary evil

basically im not understanding what you’re saying.

That’s apples to oranges.

it’s an infinite amount of land. Just not affordable. That’s the problem.

It's not apples to oranges. I'm not even sure why you'd say that.

Also, land isn't an infinite resource or even a resource that couldn't reasonably run out (assuming you were being hyperbolic). If it was, affordability wouldn't be a problem. The more abundant a resource is, the cheaper it is. That means land as a resource is more complicated than just looking at the Earth and saying its big.

So what would be the alternative? Ownership is a necessary evil

basically im not understanding what you’re saying.

Well the government could own all the land and allocate some of it out to each individual citizen. I'm not saying I support that concept. I'm just giving an example of an alternative to private ownership. Lots of cultures (some African and native american tribes for example) didn't believe in land ownership.

Is this a trick question?
Not at all. You think banks not going to markup foreclosed homes? Home prices are so inflated(foreclose or not) that I wouldn't recommend anyone buy right now. I could make 60k selling my house right now. I wouldn't dare buy my house for what I can sell it for. Especially when the market crashes, these people will be left paying mortgages on homes not worth near what they owe.

Serious question. If you were presented the opportunity to buy a home at a good price, would you not? Or do you prefer to rent forever?

Is there a such thing in todays climate
It's not apples to oranges. I'm not even sure why you'd say that.

Also, land isn't an infinite resource or even a resource that couldn't reasonably run out (assuming you were being hyperbolic). If it was, affordability wouldn't be a problem. The more abundant a resource is, the cheaper it is. That means land as a resource is more complicated than just looking at the Earth and saying its big.

Well the government could own all the land and allocate some of it out to each individual citizen. I'm not saying I support that concept. I'm just giving an example of an alternative to private ownership. Lots of cultures (some African and native american tribes for example) didn't believe in land ownership.
I think he meant finite amount

I didn't see it listed in the holidays but I thought maybe it wasn't updated because it's a new holiday and we're global and get some federal holidays off. Nope. Don't get Monday off

I did get an email about new merchandise the company is selling for the holiday though lol

Not at all. You think banks not going to markup foreclosed homes? Home prices are so inflated(foreclose or not) that I wouldn't recommend anyone buy right now. I could make 60k selling my house right now. I wouldn't dare buy my house for what I can sell it for. Especially when the market crashes, these people will be left paying mortgages on homes not worth near what they owe.
I said the same about my home too. Im up 150k and jus smh at how ridiculous it’s becoming. We definitely in for a crash of some sort.

If you’re willing to move to less desirable places im sure there are still homes but who wants to live there is the issue.

That’s a big problem too.

Folks are all trying to live in the same places. Everybody can’t live in (insert popular city). But everybody trying to and forcing out the folks that are from there. It’s crazy.

just got an email from a realtor stating it's now a "buyers market" but it reads like the market is about to collapse. From his email:

Here are some details about the market:
- 4,600 houses on the market compared to 1,800- 2,200 during the pandemic
- Interest rates are rising
- Houses are staying on the market much longer
- Many houses are not getting multiple offers within 48 hours

These are the exact same conditions right before the market collapsed in 07/08.

just got an email from a realtor stating it's now a "buyers market" but it reads like the market is about to collapse. From his email:

This is in reference to detroit right?

and that’s why I said…..time to go shopping.
the market was too hot…..now shit dropping in price, no more filled up open houses and Redfin and them just laid off a shit load of ppl ….add in rates, foreclosures and people not paying back college debt

i actually agreewith race when she said
sooooooo

sounds like a collapsing economy

a collapsed economy is ripe for investment.

get ready to go shopping like I said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back