Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did a show at my club, and I legit denied Pooh back stage cuz he didn't have a backstage band on. I had no idea who the fuck that nigga was....

9th had to come out and give him a band, then I just shrugged....

Them niggaz hit the stage and really showed out...I showed love by buying the album minstrel show from their merch table... Gave dude his props, dapped it up and told him he was the shit... Cuz niggaz were in their bag that album

I think that was like a running joke wit them niggas. They said Phonte was the stand out, where folks be lookin at Pooh like "Who's this nigga??" Lol

They did a show at my club, and I legit denied Pooh back stage cuz he didn't have a backstage band on. I had no idea who the fuck that nigga was....

9th had to come out and give him a band, then I just shrugged....

Them niggaz hit the stage and really showed out...I showed love by buying the album minstrel show from their merch table... Gave dude his props, dapped it up and told him he was the shit... Cuz niggaz were in their bag that album
That was a great time for music. I think Graduation or Late Registration came out sound the same time, can’t remember exactly. I just knew rap was making a great transition into consciousness. Boy was I ever wrong, lol.

Sex sells.

Race is not a part of that equation.

Female artists that use their sexuality as a vehicle are going it because they know that's a fast track to stardom. Doesn't matter what race they are. If they know they sexy, and they wanna use that as their base. It's a proven method.

HOWEVER great talent without the sexuality is still a lane. It may not be as fast of a track... But if the talent is solid the propern recognition is always given.

People will always recognize talent. But sex will always sell more.
Ok look at this list of the top 15 most popular female artists right now, with videos.

5 black female artists. Doja Cat, Saweetie, Normani, Megan Thee Stallion, and SZA.

Just scroll through each video real quick and look at the difference in the black women’s videos and the white women’s.

You can’t look at this and say there’s not a different standard for black women in music.

How would you rate the music of each artist on that list on the basis of talent?

How would you rate the music of each artist on that list on the basis of talent?
Who’s talking about talent? I’m talking about industry push. Look at the white women who the industry (or consumers or whatever) push to the top of the music biz compared to the black women. If black women want to get to that level, they have to be hyper sexualized.

We just see things differently and that’s ok. To me, the message is clear. If you’re a black woman and want to make it to the top, you better get half naked and shake ya ass and be sexual.

Ok look at this list of the top 15 most popular female artists right now, with videos.

5 black female artists. Doja Cat, Saweetie, Normani, Megan Thee Stallion, and SZA.

Just scroll through each video real quick and look at the difference in the black women’s videos and the white women’s.

You can’t look at this and say there’s not a different standard for black women in music.
Let me ask this.

Is your criticism of the type of videos they decided to show in that particular article? Or is it that you think none of those white girls are sexualized based off those one videos from each artist?

Please also note that we all said the media and industry heads plays a part in pushing women to be more sexualized. But that isnt the only reason some women go that route and that is not the only reason we see a lot of it.

Women in today's music game don't "have" to do anything. As much as social media has fucked up somethings one good thing is that it's given alot of artists direct reach to their audience. So there's artists who do choose the route of a more sexualized image and get success and there's others who have very successful careers without doing that as well. It is absolutely a choice and not a requirement.

Also trying to use a teenage Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera as a comparison when if you go back and look you can clearly see the media and their coverage of them led to their images becoming more sexual actually leans more into the point that its what consumers want as opposed to it being forced. I mean people were in interviews asking a 16 year old Britney Spears about her breast size and if she was a virgin. That's not the choice of the artists, that's the media feeding the public interest in the sexualizing of female artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back