Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt know you can just highlight a particular word or sentence in someone's post and quote it. Thought you had to hit the quote button and either keep the whole post or delete what you didnt want to quote.

Is this a new feature or am I just late?

Let me ask this.

Is your criticism of the type of videos they decided to show in that particular article? Or is it that you think none of those white girls are sexualized based off those one videos from each artist?

Please also note that we all said the media and industry heads plays a part in pushing women to be more sexualized. But that isnt the only reason some women go that route and that is not the only reason we see a lot of it.
Check the list and videos out. 10 are not black and maybe 5 of them have suggestive videos but none have full on stripper routines.

Of the 5 black videos, ALL of them are hyper sexual.

That’s the point. For black women to enjoy a certain level of success this is the only route for them. For white women they can take multiple paths to get to this level of success.

Who’s talking about talent? I’m talking about industry push. Look at the white women who the industry (or consumers or whatever) push to the top of the music biz compared to the black women. If black women want to get to that level, they have to be hyper sexualized.

We just see things differently and that’s ok. To me, the message is clear. If you’re a black woman and want to make it to the top, you better get half naked and shake ya ass and be sexual.
The industry is a reflection of society. If you wanna be recognized for your talent you can be. But if you want money and fame your path gonna be different.

I feel like you go after what you want. Cardi said it perfect when someone said she fucked her way to the top. She was like if it was that easy she would have been fucked that person and by passed all the hard work. She wanted to use her sexuality as a vessel. And even then it still took hard work

Imagine being so deadset on winning an argument about black women you've already lost you cosigning deadeye on the wake up.

View attachment 813760

:wtf11:

Didn't realize how easy it is to trigger y'all.......and I'm not even trying to.

I've really got you niggas in your feelings huh?

TI laughing clip.gif

Guess I should take it as a compliment since it's letting me know that y'all really can't fuck with me in any discussion.

Mike Tomlin laughing clip.gif

If A keys came out with a critically acclaimed album and went on a world tour in the next 2-3 years.... She could easily be a top performer without being sexualized.

If Beyonce decided she wanted to reinvent herself and do something like a gospel album... The whole world would rock with it, the songs would get rotation, and she could easily pull it off without twerking.

I get your point. A lot of the popular black women do use the sexual route to success, but it's more of a decision than being forced. Every artist not looking to be the biggest because they know that means watering down and appealing to the masses. Some like their lane. Someone brought up rhapsody. Shorty could go the sexy route.... But she doesn't like that kinda music.. She likes rapping with her crew, and she's highly respected in the hip hop community.

Two grammy nods... Signed to roc nation....

If A keys came out with a critically acclaimed album and went on a world tour in the next 2-3 years.... She could easily be a top performer without being sexualized.

If Beyonce decided she wanted to reinvent herself and do something like a gospel album... The whole world would rock with it, the songs would get rotation, and she could easily pull it off without twerking.

I get your point. A lot of the popular black women do use the sexual route to success, but it's more of a decision than being forced. Every artist not looking to be the biggest because they know that means watering down and appealing to the masses. Some like their lane. Someone brought up rhapsody. Shorty could go the sexy route.... But she doesn't like that kinda music.. She likes rapping with her crew, and she's highly respected in the hip hop community.

Two grammy nods... Signed to roc nation....
So you agree. White women can be the biggest with their chosen lane. Black women can’t. If hip hop was white and Rhapsody was white she’d be in that top 15 and praised to high heavens for her talent, period.

And you have to wonder, is it a choice or do they see that as the only route to be the biggest? I’m sure for some it’s a choice, but do you think someone like SZA wanted to be on a stripper pole?

Seriously, look at her video. She’s actually stripping.

Last edited:
Check the list and videos out. 10 are not black and maybe 5 of them have suggestive videos but none have full on stripper routines.

Of the 5 black videos, ALL of them are hyper sexual.

That’s the point. For black women to enjoy a certain level of success this is the only route for them. For white women they can take multiple paths to get to this level of success.

Are you familiar with any of those pop stars?

Based on that article, it seems those are songs from each of the artist latest albums.

I can tell you for a fact that dua, ariana, camila, and demi have sex in their music even if the posted videos did not show that. I have heard some of their singles before. Hits will be played any where at any moment. Not familiar with the other artist except for taylor.

Pop music will majority of time have a bigger reach than rnb. Pop music is generally played more for the up beat and catch cheesy tunes. So why compare the level of "famous" between the two?

Why do you ignore all of us saying, yes, the industry pushes sex but they are not the only reason we see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back