Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you making things as an absolute? Yes, some are pressured to be sexualized. Yes, some do it because they want to. Yes, the consumers are responsible for who they make popular. Yes, the industry pushes sex because it will always sell.

Consumers are also responsible for not pushing artist who are just about quality content.

Also, there are not any gate keeps anymore. Artist put content out without a label. So you cant say the industry is forcing them
Ok so black women aren’t hyper sexualized by the music industry but do it to themselves or because the consumers require it.

Got it. 🤝

I think a bunch of waitstaff is finna get fucked out of their jobs.

No different than the kiosks at a bunch of the McDonald's spots out here. Counter all small and shit with one or two registers 'cause the frontline has been reduced to one or maybe two people.

Automation like this = job loss.

then become the guy who works there to repair or program them

Lol why you keep doing this? No one. Not a single person has said consumers "require" it.

Like I said before as consumers in general we don't put our time, energy and dollars behind supporting them like the fans of Adele and billie ellish do.
Simple as. The artist choose to do that bullshit cause that's what the people who like those genres choose to put their money behind. Niggas like the bullshit.

So this isn’t saying consumers require it?

To be honest.

Folks be bitching about everything when it comes to movies and shows
Starting around 2010 ish with the rise of trailers, their announcements, movie plot, cast news and rumors, things switched so now all we do is talk about upcoming shows and movies years before they come out and with that, the bitching as well

Sex sells.

Race is not a part of that equation.

Female artists that use their sexuality as a vehicle are going it because they know that's a fast track to stardom. Doesn't matter what race they are. If they know they sexy, and they wanna use that as their base. It's a proven method.

HOWEVER great talent without the sexuality is still a lane. It may not be as fast of a track... But if the talent is solid the propern recognition is always given.

People will always recognize talent. But sex will always sell more.

Can never go wrong playing Little Brother.
They did a show at my club, and I legit denied Pooh back stage cuz he didn't have a backstage band on. I had no idea who the fuck that nigga was....

9th had to come out and give him a band, then I just shrugged....

Them niggaz hit the stage and really showed out...I showed love by buying the album minstrel show from their merch table... Gave dude his props, dapped it up and told him he was the shit... Cuz niggaz were in their bag that album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back