Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consumer only sees what the industry puts in front of it.

But let’s go with this. You’re saying the consumer is ok with non-sexualized white girls but black girls have to be sexualized?

Maybe we agree on the basic premise but disagree on who is responsible.

That's not what I said at all. I'm saying we as consumers in general gravitate towards and put more energy and dollars behind the sexualized artist as opposed to the unsexualized one.

Rhapsody came barred niggas the fuck up got the recognition and had the industry behind her. She came and went and we let it happen. Niggas will sustain Meg, Nicki, cardi b screaming hot girl summer and other bullshit tho.
🤷🏿‍♂️

Mfs like the bullshit. No one's being forced to do anything. It's what the masses want. We're not the rule on abw we're the exception.

Rhapsody came barred niggas the fuck up got the recognition and had the industry behind her. She came and went and we let it happen. Niggas will sustain Meg, Nicki, cardi b screaming hot girl summer and other bullshit tho.
🤷🏿‍♂️

Mfs like the bullshit. No one's being forced to do anything. It's what the masses want. We're not the rule on abw we're the exception.
All this

🤷🏿‍♂️

So what do you think changed? Do you think when Lil Kim and Foxy Brown came out people stopped liking music from the likes of Queen Latifah and MC Lyte?

And when Nikki Minaj came out people just stopped liking music from the likes of Lauryn Hill and Missy?

Are there not women as talented as Latifah, Lauryn, Lyte, and Missy right now? Or do they get overlooked for the Cardi B’s, Meg the Stallions, and Chloe Bailey’s? Women that are talented but willing to be sexualized?

So what do you think changed? Do you think when Lil Kim and Foxy Brown came out people stopped liking music from the likes of Queen Latifah and MC Lyte?

And when Nikki Minaj came out people just stopped liking music from the likes of Lauryn Hill and Missy?

Are there not women as talented as Latifah, Lauryn, Lyte, and Missy right now? Or do they get overlooked for the Cardi B’s, Meg the Stallions, and Chloe Bailey’s? Women that are talented but willing to be sexualized?

Like I said before as consumers in general we don't put our time, energy and dollars behind supporting them like the fans of Adele and billie ellish do.
Simple as. The artist choose to do that bullshit cause that's what the people who like those genres choose to put their money behind. Niggas like the bullshit.

Like I said before as consumers in general we don't put our time, energy and dollars behind supporting them like the fans of Adele and billie ellish do.
Simple as. The artist choose to do that bullshit cause that's what the people who like those genres choose to put their money behind. Niggas like the bullshit.
So you really think Billie Eilish was a grass roots organic build of fans? Lol.

I’m not rolling. I give black people more credit than you are. If Lauryn and Missy can be famous and popular in the 90’s when Kim and Foxy are half naked being overtly sexual, those same type people can be successful and famous now if given the opportunity. With all of the music coming out now, an artist has to get a push by the industry to even get noticed. They choose to push the bullshit when it comes to black women. Non-sexualized white women can get the push though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back