Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we are, lol. And any black woman that sexualizes herself isn’t conforming to industry standards to make it to the top, but is just a sexually liberated woman. She enjoys being half naked and shaking her ass and promoting sexually explicit content. They don’t mind that their talent is overshadowed by their looks. Every one of them.
Well, we do know that some Black women in the music/entertainment industry like twerking, being "scantily clad" and singing/rapping raunchy lyrics. Some of them can't wait to do it. Others feel like if they wanna "make it" or just be seen at all, they may have to be overtly sexual to achieve that. Unfortunately, this isn't anything new. But ultimately, it's their choice.

Well, we do know that some Black women in the music/entertainment industry like twerking, being "scantily clad" and singing/rapping raunchy lyrics. Some of them can't wait to do it. Others feel like if they wanna "make it" or just be seen at all, they may have to be overtly sexual to achieve that. Unfortunately, this isn't anything new. But ultimately, it's their choice.
Correct. And white women don’t have to make this choice. They can get on solely based on their talent if they choose. That’s the point.

Look at Mulatto. Her own daddy was ok with sexualizing her to get her in a position to blow up. She was on that kid rapper show with JD, can’t remember the one, and he was ok with all of this. What does it say when a girl’s own father sees that as the only way for his daughter to make it?

And it worked! The message has been made clear time and time again.

Like we didn't see Britney spears and Christina Aguilera half naked at 16-17.

Like Madonna didn't exist.

Lady gaga was doing all types of weird sexual shit.

All we khow Shakira for is shaking ass.

Niggas got short term memory loss.

Seems like young back girls in current times get to be Janet but not Whitney
Exactly. And they are so talented. Instead they are reduced to their image. And people are ok with that apparently.

Even Lizzo has to go assed out in public. Could you imagine Adele having to pull some shit like that, lol.

And I’m not going to argue Lizzo, I know absolutely nothing about her other than what’s in pop culture.

Alot of that is on the consumer not just the industry.

As consumers we generally don't support the Whitney's of our times with the views, the streams, and purchases necessary for them to get off.

Maybe, right now I’m struggling to think of one that’s been put in front of me to make that choice

Missing the point yet again. They chose to be that way, it wasn’t necessary for entry. For black women in this day and age, it’s a requirement to get to the top.
It may not have been necessary for entry, as they were Micky Mouse Clubbers first, but to stay in the busines and become A-list/superstars, they had to become *pop tarts*...especially Britney's marginally talented self.

Maybe, right now I’m struggling to think of one that’s been put in front of me to make that choice

HER
Jasmine Sullivan
Summer walker

If you ask who is the best female rnb singer one of these names are coming up. But we don't support and push them like the fans of Adele or billie ellish. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Alot of that is on the consumer not just the industry.

As consumers we generally don't support the Whitney's of our times with the views, the streams, and purchases necessary for them to get off.
Consumer only sees what the industry puts in front of it.

But let’s go with this. You’re saying the consumer is ok with non-sexualized white girls but black girls have to be sexualized?

Maybe we agree on the basic premise but disagree on who is responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back