Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you really think Billie Eilish was a grass roots organic build of fans? Lol.

I’m not rolling. I give black people more credit than you are. If Lauryn and Missy can be famous and popular in the 90’s when Kim and Foxy are half naked being overtly sexual, those same type people can be successful and famous now if given the opportunity. With all of the music coming out now, an artist has to get a push by the industry to even get noticed. They choose to push the bullshit when it comes to black women. Non-sexualized white women can get the push though.

I don't think theres some conscious effort to desexualize white artists and oversexualize black ones. The industry is going to follow the money and give the consumers what they want to pay to consume.

No one is being forced to do anything. If people didn't like and support the bullshit there would be no incentive to push it.

You're doing a lot today Sir...your arms hurt from moving that goalpost? lol

P.S. I'm high and no longer care. Happy Saturday Mr. King 🤜🤛
So you don’t think black women are hyper sexualized in music?

In one breath y’all are saying black women are sexualized by choice and in another saying they are being hyper sexualized as an industry requirement. And in another you say it’s the consumers and not the industry.

Which is it?

I’m with you though, this is going nowhere so I’m out too.

Like we didn't see Britney spears and Christina Aguilera half naked at 16-17.

Like Madonna didn't exist.

Lady gaga was doing all types of weird sexual shit.

All we khow Shakira for is shaking ass.

Niggas got short term memory loss.
Britney was also targeted towards grown men. When you look back on it... it's pretty gross

Both wanted to remove their Disney innocent look and both went to extremes to show the world their grown women

Christina Aguilera wasn't as big as Britney but she had a better voice IMO

So you don’t think black women are hyper sexualized in music?

In one breath y’all are saying black women are sexualized by choice and in another saying they are being hyper sexualized as an industry requirement. And in another you say it’s the consumers and not the industry.

Which is it?

I’m with you though, this is going nowhere so I’m out too.

Why are you making things as an absolute? Yes, some are pressured to be sexualized. Yes, some do it because they want to. Yes, the consumers are responsible for who they make popular. Yes, the industry pushes sex because it will always sell.

Consumers are also responsible for not pushing artist who are just about quality content.

Also, there are not any gate keeps anymore. Some new Artist put content out without a label. So you cant say the industry is forcing them

Last edited:
Why are you making things as an absolute? Yes, some are pressured to be sexualized. Yes, some do it because they want to. Yes, the consumers are responsible for who they make popular. Yes, the industry pushes sex because it will always sell.

Consumers are also responsible for not pushing artist who are just about quality content.

Also, there are not any gate keeps anymore. Artist put content out without a label. So you cant say the industry is forcing them

e98ebba4-45b8-4a28-bb3d-1f4f04a782de_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back