Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
6m5gm.gif

I was talking to Germs, troll lol

i never questioned his business acumen...not sure of the point you are trying to make

my point was that if thats ALL you post, then what natural conclusions can i draw from that?
Cause I'm sharing music while I'm doing shit like working out or playing video games, mindless activities that fuel my aggression

If Ima post some shit I listen to while I'm just chillin, feeling thoughtful

ahh, so you admit Lupe's music should be studied by kids so that they know what a real emcee sounds like? i agree 100%

but you forget, i have listened to Chris. I've liked a lot of his older stuff. But my tastes have evolved over the years. I'm not saying he isnt capable of making quality music in 2017. It's just not on my radar as of today

you dont listen to lupe so why are you trying to debate when you only have one sided information?
This was all over the place...

First...my joke was that Lupe music is only appreciated under scrutiny..like you have to break down,, analyze, and be lectured on his shit to really gain appreciation for what he was doing. I had his first album, and I listen to tracks here n there. But it's a tough listen cuz dude say to much that's lost in translation until it's placed under a microscope. I don't enjoy that.

Chris has a ridiculous flow and swag on tracks that all you gotta do is listen to one song to get the appeal...

The reason i post his new shit is because he's way more polished now...and his delivery is still catchy.....

You don't have to be complex to make points

No one is saying that.

Some of us like his style. Others don't. Because that's always been his style. That was the motivation for him making Dumb it Down.

But yall teeter between "he's not that deep. His bars are simple." To "he's got bars, but he tries to hard." To "he aint making no bangers. Where's his song like *blank*."

And you use one of those to fit the narrative. Just say you don't like Lupe. And when somone points you in a direction to call out your hypocrisy, admit the bias.

No one is saying that.

Some of us like his style. Others don't. Because that's always been his style. That was the motivation for him making Dumb it Down.

But yall teeter between "he's not that deep. His bars are simple." To "he's got bars, but he tries to hard." To "he aint making no bangers. Where's his song like *blank*."

And you use one of those to fit the narrative. Just say you don't like Lupe. And when somone points you in a direction to call out your hypocrisy, admit the bias.
Nah bruh, I'm saying I like Lupe

Lupe is smart, Lupe has songs and lyrics that have depth. And meaning, Like bitch Bad shoulda stayed on the radio.

But...dude does try to appease u not u..but u niggaz that be on that let's analyze this rick and morty episode type shit.

He's written purposefully to get that response, and you can tell. He takes subject matter easily broken down and wraps them (bars) into overly complex shit for his core fans to find and think over hype

That's just facts b...it's entertainment I get it

I like 50 cent, he purposefully raps like he's the most gangsta nigga to ever gangsta..but even he has fear, but his die hard fans believe he's the hardest out, same thing different spectrum

U gotta see it

Alot of his shit is pretentious lol

Like that baby cover shit in the magi video, that's so simple lol

THat's like me saying

Not read like a book
or red like an apple
but red like foxx

super simple pretentious bars

Jay's money phone bar is a real bar, for the avg listener the point is still clear.

but for the bar lovers, it's multi layered

Y'all on the 'gram holdin' money to your ear
There's a disconnect, we don't call that money over here

Gram/graham, disconnect, here/hear, call that, etc,

That's a real bar.

Nah bruh, I'm saying I like Lupe

Lupe is smart, Lupe has songs and lyrics that have depth. And meaning, Like bitch Bad shoulda stayed on the radio.

But...dude does try to appease u not u..but u niggaz that be on that let's analyze this rick and morty episode type shit.

He's written purposefully to get that response, and you can tell. He takes subject matter easily broken down and wraps them (bars) into overly complex shit for his core fans to find and think over hype

That's just facts b...it's entertainment I get it

I like 50 cent, he purposefully raps like he's the most gangsta nigga to ever gangsta..but even he has fear, but his die hard fans believe he's the hardest out, same thing different spectrum

U gotta see it

I see it. But I wouldn't call it "trying too hard." He's been doing it for years. If anything I feel like the Lupe we have seen in the last 5 years is who he has always wanted to be. But a style was being forced on him. People always say he has the potential and the like food & Liquor and The Cool the best. Well, I feel like that was a watered down Lupe.

IMG_20171016_105933.jpg

A man who was arrested after police mistook the glaze on his Krispy Kreme doughnut for crystal meth has received a $37,500 settlement.

Daniel Rushing, 64, sued the city of Orlando after he was arrested in December 2015 on drug charges. Law enforcement had spotted four small flakes of glaze on his floorboard and thought they were pieces of crystal methamphetamine.

Rushing told the officers they were likely bits of the Krispy Kreme doughnut he’d eaten earlier, but he was arrested for possession of methamphetamine after two roadside drug tests tested positive for an illegal substance.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Rushing told the Orlando Sentinel. “I’ve never even smoked a cigarette before, let alone meth.”

Weeks later, a state crime lab cleared Rushing of the drug allegations and charges against him were dropped.

Rushing told the Orlando Sentinel that he has been trying to open up a security business, but can’t because of his arrest record.

“I haven’t been able to work,” Rushing said. “People go online and see that you’ve been arrested.”

Rushing, a retiree from the Orlando Parks Departments, received a check for $37,500 last week and told the Sentinel he’s pleased with the outcome of his case.

Cpl. Shelby Riggs-Hopkins wrote in a Dec. 11 arrest report that she noticed flakes on Rushing’s floorboard. The police department at the time said the arrest was lawful and didn’t explain why the glaze tested positive for amphetamine in both field tests.

Riggs-Hopkins was given a written reprimand for making an improper arrest, and the Orlando Police Department ended up training more than 730 officers on how to properly use field-test kits.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I see it. But I wouldn't call it "trying too hard." He's been doing it for years. If anything I feel like the Lupe we have seen in the last 5 years is who he has always wanted to be. But a style was being forced on him. People always say he has the potential and the like food & Liquor and The Cool the best. Well, I feel like that was a watered down Lupe.

I don't believe he's trying to hard, I believe he is purposely giving his core fan what they want. As opposed to when he started, just spitting what he's living. But I believe writing the complexity comes natural to him because he's so smart.

Alot of his shit is pretentious lol

Like that baby cover shit in the magi video, that's so simple lol

THat's like me saying

Not read like a book
or red like an apple
but red like foxx

super simple pretentious bars

Jay's money phone bar is a real bar, for the avg listener the point is still clear.

but for the bar lovers, it's multi layered

Y'all on the 'gram holdin' money to your ear
There's a disconnect, we don't call that money over here

Gram/graham, disconnect, here/hear, call that, etc,

That's a real bar.

But what about the while concept if the song being an allegorical reference to the bible?

But focus on the baby pictures.

But what about the while concept if the song being an allegorical reference to the bible?

But focus on the baby pictures.

I do think he has good concepts, but executes them poorly some of the times. Like I said, it's still about the music, so even if it's a concept record, like the one where he's using classic movie scenes to tell a story, it was just a boring song to me. Compared to this, which is still a dope song, whether u fully get the bars/concept or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back