Welcome To aBlackWeb

Because we all know she is not asking for the EXACT amount Chris and Dave got. She said she deserves what legends make and that is a wide range.

Noted, but she still didn't GIVE NUMBERS to justify why she should get the amount. Just for the record, she should have got a better deal than what was offered.

Let's look at Nipsey Hussle. He was signed to Epic, got his release, had a specific number he wanted when shopping for the right distribution deal, the labels were like hell naw. So what did Nip do, he grinded with mixtapes and built his fanbase until he got to the point where his numbers were on point to go back to the labels. Now he has the sales and numbers to justify his worth. He got it.

So why can't Monique put her own money up hit the road and build her own special, then have the numbers to get the leverage to get the bag she feels she deserves?

Noted, but she still didn't GIVE NUMBERS to justify why she should get the amount. Just for the record, she should have got a better deal than what was offered.

Let's look at Nipsey Hussle. He was signed to Epic, got his release, had a specific number he wanted when shopping for the right distribution deal, the labels were like hell naw. So what did Nip do, he grinded with mixtapes and built his fanbase until he got to the point where his numbers were on point to go back to the labels. Now he has the sales and numbers to justify his worth. He got it.

So why can't Monique put her own money up hit the road and build her own special, then have the numbers to get the leverage to get the bag she feels she deserves?

Why should she tell us what she thinks she's worth? So people can argue with her about that? That'll just be another reason to discredit her.

For the record I am not a Monique fan but remember NETFLIX came to her and not the other way around. She has put in work in the industry and already has an established fan base. All she is suggesting is if you come to me with an offer please give me what I am worth.

I’m tired of telling ppl this

It’s not what you’re worth but what you can negotiate

If they offered her 100 million she would have took it.

And I can guarantee she wouldnt be on some shit like she’s not worth that much.

Last edited:
Why should she tell us what she thinks she's worth? So people can argue with her about that? That'll just be another reason to discredit her.

For the record I am not a Monique fan but remember NETFLIX came to her and not the other way around. She has put in work in the industry and already has an established fan base. All she is suggesting is if you come to me with an offer please give me what I am worth.

I could have sworn she went to Netflix.

But if they think that what she worth “to them” to make their money back. It is what it is.

it’s not my place to say how much someone is worth. I don’t find amy schumer funny at all. but netflix gave her $11-13 million. mid-tier NBA players getting 150-200 million contracts. an average QB is about to becomd the highest paid player in NFL history. if these entities feel they’re worth that much, who am I to say otherwise? get your money

if a potential employer offer me a salary i feel is beneath me, i’d so no and move on. monique feels she was low-balled. she has a right to feel that way

but where i think she fucked up at is asking everyday folks to boycott netflix because SHE turned down $500k. netflix is people’s primary source of entertainment. people are cutting the cord and rather pay $130 a year for netflix than $130 a month for cable. 99% of your fanbase will never have the opportunity to make 500k for one hour of work. you turned that down and want people to feel sorry for you?

facts . shes selfish and shes only thinking about herself and not the people.

Actually she approached them. With that being said, I feel Monique has every right to get what she feels she's worth. But when you are in a business meeting, YOU HAVE TO HAVE NUMBERS.

She has put in work and I've enjoyed some of the things she's done, but based in 2018, Monique is NOT worth the money Dave and Chris Rock are getting.

Also I wasn't feeling her comparing Will Packer (A black producer who looks out for black people) to Harvey Weinstein, WHEN HE NEVER DID no type of shit like that. She was off code.

I’m tired of telling ppl this

It’s not what you’re worth but what you can negotiate

If they offered her 100 million she would have took it.

And I can guarantee she would be on saying some shit like she’s not worth that much.

There was no negotiating the NETFLIX deal

Actually she approached them. With that being said, I feel Monique has every right to get what she feels she's worth. But when you are in a business meeting, YOU HAVE TO HAVE NUMBERS.

She has put in work and I've enjoyed some of the things she's done, but based in 2018, Monique is NOT worth the money Dave and Chris Rock are getting.

Also I wasn't feeling her comparing Will Packer (A black producer who looks out for black people) to Harvey Weinstein, WHEN HE NEVER DID no type of shit like that. She was off code.

If they did approach her I stand corrected but my statement still remains the same.

Using knock logic, comedian "Small fry" should come from under whatever rock of obscurity she been under and demand to get paid for a special

Hell, why not Flex Anderson

What about Hamburger

If they did approach her I stand corrected but my statement still remains the same.

I hear you. I'm not beefing with Mz. All I'm saying is when you do business, when it comes to answering questions dealing with numbers, BE ON YOUR SQUARE.

I hear you. I'm not beefing with Mz. All I'm saying is when you do business, when it comes to answering questions dealing with numbers, BE ON YOUR SQUARE.

You already know it ain't no beef. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree. Good dialogue!

I agree with your statement with bringing #'s but those numbers do not need to be given to the world only because no matter what number she puts out, people will disagree and say she ain't worth that much.

I do believe the numbers she was looking for was either the same or more than Amy Schumer and less and Chris and Dave. Is that a fair statement?

Then that is not a negation. That's take it or leave it just like a previously stated.

In business, you’re just not negotiating with the client. You are also negotiating with the company.

Losses -Gains.

And that was the highest they were willing to go.

Plus you don’t know what the first amount was. It probably stayed out lower because no company high ball you first.

Plus. They wasn’t checking for her. You can get made because somebody that don’t want you offered you something you don’t want

Last edited:
Back