Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yo I'm reading thread and watching interview. Again, Monique is full of shit and mad disrespectful. You calling bruh leonard and then you pronounce charlagmagne like charlagmon when u wanna belittle him after saying it correctly a few times before? Na I'm not sitting around letting someone openly disrespect me like shit sweet. Charlagmagne was smart to chill and let her hang herself and show proof why she is hard to work with tho but damn couldn't be me.

i cant speak for no one else, but my position has always been, and CTG touched on it, we live in a 'what have you done for me lately" society

she, hasnt done much of anything on the comedy circuit

thats all this boils down to

and thats bullshit because Dave Chapelle hadnt done shit for us lately

Yo I'm reading thread and watching interview. Again, Monique is full of shit and mad disrespectful. You calling bruh leonard and then you pronounce charlagmagne like charlagmon when u wanna belittle him after saying it correctly a few times before? Na I'm not sitting around letting someone openly disrespect me like shit sweet. Charlagmagne was smart to chill and let her hang herself and show proof why she is hard to work with.

Charlemange be od disrespectful

Yo I'm reading thread and watching interview. Again, Monique is full of shit and mad disrespectful. You calling bruh leonard and then you pronounce charlagmagne like charlagmon when u wanna belittle him after saying it correctly a few times before? Na I'm not sitting around letting someone openly disrespect me like shit sweet. Charlagmagne was smart to chill and let her hang herself and show proof why she is hard to work with.

its disrespect to call someone their birth name?

hood niggas love giving me their hood nickname and I always ask “what did ya momma name you because thats what Im going to call you”

again you just dont like Monique

and tbhhhhh

relevance is an interesting excuse because Dave Chapelle was culturally cold when Netflix offered him a deal. Mo’Nique’s material and numbers are pretty outstanding.

Not accurate. Dave was selling out huge venues and arenas for at least four plus years prior to the Netflix deals. Those stand ups were being recorded and bootlegged on YouTube receiving a bunch of views. On the IC there was a thread that did numbers off of a snippet of material he did that was bootlegged terrible audio. Still did numbers. He had built actual tangible data to support that a fully produced Special was in high demand.

Mo’nique hasn’t been touring solo selling out huge venues. Mo’Nique can’t sell out a Barclays Center as a solo act. All her accolades of the past decade has nothing to do with stand up comedy.

Ftr onky quote people remember from Kings of Comedy was Bernie Mac about the kids
Cedric Delicious shit.....Niggas playing Hockey...Steve Harvey and the old school shit...and clowning that fake ass Master P

btw Lenny Williams catalogue sales went up after the Kings of Comedy

Yall dont realize how contradictory yall are.

“Dave Chapelle was touring”
and so was Monique and they both were selling out shows and both were still cold culturally.

cold meaning, no TV shows/specials werent hyper visible, no buzz around their material etc etc
How do you say no buzz around material when he was selling out arenas and Monique was doing the chitlin circuit?

Not haters, just don't really in-take the business side of things very well.

That's why black ppl stay getting in fuck'd up deals, don't know their worth.
this guy

let me make this simple and plain to shit you can understand

if YOU on your job, go to your supervisor RIGHT NOW and say, based on xyz, i feel like i should be making $____.

you still with me?

Your supervisor is either going to say

1) you know what knock, you are right, let's see what we can do to get you to that point

or

2) you know what knock, i'm sorry, but i just dont agree and here's why...

you either gon be happy af with no. 1

or

you gon either stay on this job and be miserable af or go somewhere else that will pay you what YOU feel you deserve/worth

hood niggas love giving me a nickname and I always ask “what did ya momma name you because thats what Im going to call you”

Na stop it.

Chappelle sold out a venue here that holds 1700 in minutes.
Monique and Chappelle arent on the same lvl

Her and DL are on the same level

well statistically wise male comedians tend to do better than female comedians when it comes to selling out shows, advertisment etc and this has less to do with who is funnier but more to do with well “biases.”

Pipe down

hood niggas love giving me a nickname and I always ask “what did ya momma name you because thats what Im going to call you”

I was wondering why you never used my nickname?

dude is a radio personality Race...c'mon now

there is a reason he dont call himself his gov't

but to your point, she did come off mad condescending when she would say his name

this guy

let me make this simple and plain to shit you can understand

if YOU on your job, go to your supervisor RIGHT NOW and say, based on xyz, i feel like i should be making $____.

you still with me?

Your supervisor is either going to say

1) you know what knock, you are right, let's see what we can do to get you to that point

or

2) you know what knock, i'm sorry, but i just dont agree and here's why...

you either gon be happy af with no. 1

or

you gon either stay on this job and be miserable af or go somewhere else that will pay you what YOU feel you deserve/worth

That's a good way to look at what you're saying, but Knock will look (comps) others in his same position from around the world, state, city etc before asking for what I want, to strengthen my position in asking, bring that into play as well.

When you sell a house, you look at comps, see what other housing/properties are going for in the area. If house A is going for 500k that is not as nice as mine and my house is 2 streets down from it, should I not use that as a marking stick or better yet, push the market by selling it for more?

Why would I leave pennies on the table, low-ball myself and be on some mane, I want to sell for less than 500k? Doesn't make any sense.

Know your worth

Back