Welcome To aBlackWeb

nobody, in any of the threads about this subject questioned monique's contribution to the comedy game.

the biggest difference b/t her and Chappelle is when he came back from africa, he hit the ground running doing shows.

CTG said 1500 during that span, selling out theaters and whatnot

Monique during that time turned to acting. She had her "phat girls" type of roles early on to capitalize off that crowd, then wanted to get taken serious as an actress, thus Precious

She didnt do comedy though. So thats what everyone's pov is. How can you talk about how decorated you are in acting, and try to use that as leverage for a comedy special when you havent done one in over a decade?

Breh you said 14 posts ago "the lady didn't have anything worth mention on the comedy circuit"

Man ban yourself breh fuck Lol

I dont know if I would call it color bias. I know for certain tho women are paid significantly lower than their male counterparts so maybe she has a claim when it comes to being some level of gender basis.

I think Mo’nique can still get asses into seats and I think she still has moved moutains for Black women comedians. I still find her to be funny af even in her delusions as yall call it.

I think she deserved a better deal at the end of the day and I dont think she should be policed for asking for more.

Im just not understanding why the general public reaction to Tracee Ellis Ross and Viola Davis was supportive and the public’s reaction to Mo’Nique has been so mixed and dense when they’re essentially requesting the same thing?

and tbhhhhh

relevance is an interesting excuse because Dave Chapelle was culturally cold when Netflix offered him a deal. Mo’Nique’s material and numbers are pretty outstanding.
how was he cold when he was still touring and doing shows?

Breh you said in posts ago "the lady didn't have anything worth mention on the comedy circuit"

Man ban yourself breh fuck Lol
this the knock i was waiting for

bring up that exact post and not you trying to deduce my entire post to that part you misquoted

I dont know if I would call it color bias. I know for certain tho women are paid significantly lower than their male counterparts so maybe she has a claim when it comes to being some level of gender basis.

I think Mo’nique can still get asses into seats and I think she still has moved moutains for Black women comedians. I still find her to be funny af even in her delusions as yall call it.

I think she deserved a better deal at the end of the day and I dont think she should be policed for asking for more.

Im just not understanding why the general public reaction to Tracee Ellis Ross and Viola Davis was supportive and the public’s reaction to Mo’Nique has been so mixed and dense when they’re essentially requesting the same thing?

Viola Davis is the lone star of HTGAWM. She is not at competition like Ross is on Blackish where both her and Anthony Anderson have equal footing.

Monique whole comedy shtick was how big is beautiful and skinny women were the devil.

She is a solid comedian but c'mon man...

Not me.

Kick yo foot on that veering off the road ass nigga neck

Nigga just shitted on the lady but then says no one is shitting on her

I can't make this shit up to save my own life Lol smh

Be consistent mane
STOP DOING THIS SHIT!!!

I said that she is NOT going to get the kinda money she think she is worth in 2018 off some special from over 20 yrs ago

umm you can still be touring and still be culturally cold. I think Soulja boy announced he was going on tour, see how that works?

i dont

b/c Dave continued to pack venues and sell out shows

the demand was there

soulja boy also said he was gonna knock tf outta chris brown when he saw him. Them niggas live like 10min from each other, and CB aint been touched, so i wouldnt put too much stock into anything he gotta say tbh

dont get sucked into Knock's terrible examples

thats not the horse you want to be backing in these types of discussions

Breh did you not state something along the lines about an hour ago about the lady not having anything worth mentioning in the comedy circuit and I quoted it by saying she did QOC and other work?

Did you not shit on the lady whole comedy career and then turn around and say that something about "it's not that we are taking anything away with what she's done in her career"

Inconsistent ass nigga. Lol

Nigga you said that shit, not me

STOP DOING THIS SHIT!!!

I said that she is NOT going to get the kinda money she think she is worth in 2018 off some special from over 20 yrs ago

But Dave Chappelle can get the money he deserves because hes been touring? at venues that nobody even knew about?

Im hella confused

220px-The_Queens_of_Comedy_DVD.jpg

giphy.gif

Queens?...

giphy.gif

They put the names in the wrong order.

But Dave Chappelle can get the money he deserves because hes been touring? at venues that nobody even knew about?

Im hella confused

so b/c race didnt know about it, means it didnt happen or it lessens the significance?

umm you can still be touring and still be culturally cold. I think Soulja boy announced he was going on tour, see how that works?

Define culturally cold cuz dave has always been on the back of everybodies mind. Niggas still bringing up his skits 10 years after he went ghost. He was low key and still selling out doing 2hr sets around the world.

i dont

b/c Dave continued to pack venues and sell out shows

the demand was there

soulja boy also said he was gonna knock tf outta chris brown when he saw him. Them niggas live like 10min from each other, and CB aint been touched, so i wouldnt put too much stock into anything he gotta say tbh

lol being obtuse per usual.

Nobody had seen or heard from Dave Chappelle in yearsssssssssssssss. niggas was just watching the Chappelle show on box set trying to relive its glory days.

Nigga was culturally cold. Yeah we all still highly regarded him but he hadnt produced any material in a long ass time for us to see on a wide scale.

Nigga even said it himself, what are we arguing here?

Breh did you not state something along the lines about an hour ago about the lady not having anything worth mentioning in the comedy circuit and I quoted it by saying she did QOC and other work?

Did you not shit on the lady whole comedy career and then turn around and say that something about "it's not that we are taking anything away with what she's done in her career"

Inconsistent ass nigga. Lol

Nigga you said that shit, not me

you intentionally being dense, and its my fault for getting sucked in...AGAIN

so, by your logic, b/c Rudy Tomjonavich should be able to just come in the NBA as a head coach in 2018 and demand to be one of the highest paid coaches b/c of the two titles he won in houston in the 90s?

Back