Welcome To aBlackWeb

i dont even wanna argue this b/c i personally dont think Martin is pulling in that kinda dough in 2018 for a lead role in a movie outside of BadBoys

He not the draw he once was

but this my last post about this part of the convo

lmaoooo when u know you're bout to catch that knockout u always try to dip , u aint doing that on the podcast. Speaking of which, we need @Knock_Twice and @Elzo69Renaissance to appear on the show too

Fam, Martin is still played on MTV all the time lmaooo u can go on twitter and see a million martin gifs.
ok, its in syndication

so are a ton of other shows from our childhood

whats the point?

i said i was gon stop...so i'm stopping

I've already said Rock and Chappelle will get more than Martin in stand up. But in MOVIES, rock and chappelle will not get anything close to what martin would get.

Breh

We talking NF deals, why Martin don't command the same as Rock and Chappelle though?

He dropped something in 2016 and he's in ppl top 10 some top 7, Why he can't get 15 million

lmaoooo when u know you're bout to catch that knockout u always try to dip , u aint doing that on the podcast. Speaking of which, we need @Knock_Twice and @Elzo69Renaissance to appear on the show too
it was supposed to be my last post b/c in case you forgot, this is the breakfast club interview thread

i didnt wanna cloud the thread with this back and forth when if memory serves, there is a comedy/comedian thread around here somewhere that would be the proper place for the discussion

thats all

so before I give my commentary (not done with the interview) Im worried that alot of peoples opinions *cough cough* @OhMars, @Like_Water *cough cough* were biased because in reality you dont find women funny. So if a woman says HEY I feel I deserve this and heres why—— you cant really empathize with her because well, you dont find women to be funny at all.

Now this becomes less about monique and more about your personal feelings towards women comedians.

Because if you dont find them funny or deem them worthy enough to seek what they feel they deserve, what really is the base of your argument?

I mean yall said a lot on this topic and some I just glanaced over and some I read thoroughly, so maybe I missed yalls point but from what I gathered is women comedians just dont resonate well with yall and whether it be Monique, Sommore, Sykes, Givens, jones—-they all should just shut the fuck up and take what they are given because well, women arent funny.

No?

I may be reaching

BRB still watching

so before I give my commentary (not done with the interview) Im worried that alot of peoples opinions *cough cough* @OhMars, @Like_Water *cough cough* were biased because in reality you dont find women funny. So if a woman says HEY I feel I deserve this and heres why—— you cant really empathize with her because well, you dont find women to be funny at all.

Now this becomes less about monique and more about your personal feelings towards women comedians.

Because if you dont find them funny or deem them worthy enough to seek what they feel they deserve, what really is the base of your argument?

I mean yall said a lot on this topic and some I just glanaced over and some I read thoroughly, so maybe I missed yalls point but from what I gathered is women comedians just dont resonate well with yall and whether it be Monique, Sommore, Sykes, Givens, jones—-they all should just shut the fuck up and take what they are given because well, women arent funny.

No?

I may be reaching

BRB still watching
my position is, she hasnt done anything on the comedy circuit worth mentioning, yet she feels she should've been paid for her work she did in the past

i could've inserted plenty other people in this example, and still felt the same way

Tears,

Man you know that nigga lmaooo, my side.

Nigga bout to get clean deck'd and he always do that shit Lmaoo.

Hate that shit

it was supposed to be my last post b/c in case you forgot, this is the breakfast club interview thread

i didnt wanna cloud the thread with this back and forth when if memory serves, there is a comedy/comedian thread around here somewhere that would be the proper place for the discussion

thats all

No?

I may be reaching

BRB still watching

@AP21

Tag that nigga too Lol. I've yet to see that nigga laugh at a woman's sense of humor

my position is, she hasnt done anything on the comedy circuit worth mentioning, yet she feels she should've been paid for her work she did in the past

i could've inserted plenty other people in this example, and still felt the same way

Breh

She was a Queen of Comedy Lol.

How is that not worth mentioning?

Man I hate your thoughts mane Lol

No?

I may be reaching

BRB still watching
Me not finding women comics funny doesn't mean I dont find any women funny. There material on stage just doesnt reach me.
Secondly I do believe that some female comics deserve the bag for a special, just not Monique. Both Jones and Haddish deserve to get a multi million dollar payday for there specials. Monique is no longer a house hold name in comedy so I dont think she deserves as much, definitely more then 500k though

Breh

She was a Queen of Comedy Lol.

How is that not worth mentioning?

Man I hate your thoughts mane Lol
a queen of comedy almost 20 years ago when there werent that many females that could've made a claim at that title

All of those women were big on BET Comic View...not a knock on them at all, however, who was really out there that could make a claim that they should've been considered a QoC?

a queen of comedy almost 20 years ago when there werent that many females that could've made a claim at that title

All of those women were big on BET Comic View...not a knock on them at all, however, who was really out there that could make a claim that they should've been considered a QoC?

Breh,

Chill for a minute and think about what you're saying/typing Lol.

You just said, nothing worth mentioning, but you dismiss the notion that this lady was a Queen, plus, she had her own TV show, that black ppl messed with, She had her own talk show, was in one of Hollywood's best studios doing the talk show, She did the Charm school spin-off with Flava's girl, She even hosted the 1st VH1 Basketball wives shit, or housewives shit.
I don't even wanna throw in that Oscar moment, but yet you saying all that.
Then she did Comicview as you stated, an outlet that kept comedians coming through, I won't even name the movies she appeared in and had an ok role in them.

Come on mane.

Put some respect on the lady name and resume.

Breh you do know that comedian Jones was out, the one that did Ghostbusters,
The black chick that's on the View now, that's always claming her sorror
Man the game was filled with women comics black ones especially.

Simply Marvelous she was doing comedy, she played in House Party 3, (the wife at the dinner table)

Hell Felicia off Friday was a comedian Lol.

Wanda was out.

I can go on.

Breh,

Chill for a minute and think about what you're saying/typing Lol.

You just said, nothing worth mentioning, but you dismiss the notion that this lady was a Queen, plus, she had her own TV show, that black ppl messed with, She had her own talk show, was in one of Hollywood's best studios doing the talk show, She did the Charm school spin-off with Flava's girl, She even hosted the 1st VH1 Basketball wives shit, or housewives shit.
I don't even wanna throw in that Oscar moment, but yet you saying all that.
Then she did Comicview as you stated, an outlet that kept comedians coming through, I won't even name the movies she appeared in and had an ok role in them.

Come on mane.

Put some respect on the lady name and resume.

HOW
LONG
AGO
WAS
THAT

Back