Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breh you do know that comedian Jones was out, the one that did Ghostbusters,
The black chick that's on the View now, that's always claming her sorror
Man the game was filled with women comics black ones especially.

Simply Marvelous she was doing comedy, she played in House Party 3, (the wife at the dinner table)

Hell Felicia off Friday was a comedian Lol.

Wanda was out.

I can go on.
So by Knock's logic, all of these females could've claimed they were a queen of comedy?

man you gotta stop drinking on the job

aye fuck you @Goldie for getting this nigga knock started

he just mentioned Felecia from Friday as a comedian

this like the time he tried to put AJ fucking Johnson on the same level as Chappelle

i cant....i cant man

Hmmm idk man I have a nostalgic type of feeling towards Mo’nique. I loved the parkers. I loveeeeeee(d) watching Monique’s standup.

I’ll never forget Mo’Niques comedy special “I couldve been your cellmate.” Mo’nique interviews female cellmates and also performs for them in a prison orange get-up. Telling jokes to an audience we were not used to seeing engaged, at a location usually only filmed for dramatic purposes, not comedy. I thought that was dope. I love Queens of Comedy, I rememeber watching that shit with my parents and cracking tf up at Mo’niques whole set.

Thats why I find it hard when yall say shes not a legend or shes not relevant because the same type of nostalgic feelings I have towards her are the same feelings I feel about Chappelle. The chappelle show was revolutionary, artistic and Black af. Dave had niggas rapping, doing whole cypha’s after his sketches lmaooo like who does that? When I saw him back on Netflix I was HYPE!!!

Yet, Dave left the comedic world for a long ass time and so did Mo’nique but this didnt make either of them less funny in my eyes or less important to the culture.

soooooo tbh I dont really understand what makes Chappelle and Mo’Nique so different in regards to clout, appeal and influence.

Both been gone for a long ass time. I mean you can say well Chappelle is funnier than Mo’nique but i find their comedic styles to be vastly different, apples and oranges, and therefore not even worth the comparison.

I think at the end of the day its all based off what you like and who you STAN for.

Reality is ppl stopped liking Mo’Nique because of how outspoken she was about the whole Lee Daniels, Oprah situation.

Also people really love Netflix and I mean asking people to boycott an entity that has really revolutionized how we consume movies and tv shows seemed ludicrous to many if not all of us lmao

idk, I think this has less to do with the deal and more about who people ride for, and really find funny and those that just simply dislike.

aye fuck you @Goldie for getting this nigga knock started

he just mentioned Felecia from Friday as a comedian

this like the time he tried to put AJ fucking Johnson on the same level as Chappelle

i cant....i cant man

Man you know I do my HW breh. Also Kid's wife on House Party 3.

Lol.

Man you know I do my HW breh. Also Kid's wife on House Party 3.

Lol.

i wasnt disagreeing with you calling her a comedian as I knew she was one

i was disagreeing with you that should could've had a claim at the queen of comedy title

do not dumb here

220px-The_Queens_of_Comedy_DVD.jpg

giphy.gif

Queens?...

giphy.gif

Hmmm idk man I have a nostalgic type of feeling towards Mo’nique. I loved the parkers. I loveeeeeee(d) watching Monique’s standup.

I’ll never forget Mo’Niques comedy special “I couldve been your cellmate.” Mo’nique interviews female cellmates and also performs for them in a prison orange get-up. Telling jokes to an audience we were not used to seeing engaged, at a location usually only filmed for dramatic purposes, not comedy. I thought that was dope. I love Queens of Comedy, I rememeber watching that shit with my parents and cracking tf up at Mo’niques whole set.

Thats why I find it hard when yall say shes not a legend or shes not relevant because the same type of nostalgic feelings I have towards her are the same feelings I feel about Chappelle. The chappelle show was revolutionary, artistic and Black af. Dave had niggas rapping, doing whole cypha’s after his sketches lmaooo like who does that? When I saw him back on Netflix I was HYPE!!!

Yet, Dave left the comedic world for a long ass time and so did Mo’nique but this didnt make either of them less funny in my eyes or less important to the culture.

soooooo tbh I dont really understand what makes Chappelle and Mo’Nique so different in regards to clout, appeal and influence.

Both been gone for a long ass time. I mean you can say well Chappelle is funnier than Mo’nique but i find their comedic styles to be vastly different, apples and oranges, and therefore not even worth the comparison.

I think at the end of the day its all based off what you like and who you STAN for.

Reality is ppl stopped liking Mo’Nique because of how outspoken she was about the whole Lee Daniels, Oprah situation.

Also people really love Netflix and I mean asking people to boycott an entity that has really revolutionized how we consume movies and tv shows seemed ludicrous to many if not all of us lmao

idk, I think this has less to do with the deal and more about who people ride for, and really find funny and those that just simply dislike.

nobody, in any of the threads about this subject questioned monique's contribution to the comedy game.

the biggest difference b/t her and Chappelle is when he came back from africa, he hit the ground running doing shows.

CTG said 1500 during that span, selling out theaters and whatnot

Monique during that time turned to acting. She had her "phat girls" type of roles early on to capitalize off that crowd, then wanted to get taken serious as an actress, thus Precious

She didnt do comedy though. So thats what everyone's pov is. How can you talk about how decorated you are in acting, and try to use that as leverage for a comedy special when you havent done one in over a decade?

and tbhhhhh

relevance is an interesting excuse because Dave Chapelle was culturally cold when Netflix offered him a deal. Mo’Nique’s material and numbers are pretty outstanding.

Do your see this lineup.

Any women had a chance at it.
nah man, im not gon just disregard the grind those females did in comedy by reducing that special to "well anybody could've said that"

again, they were all regulars on Comic View to the point where they all had their own CV special.

My point was to simply say, there were no other black female comics during that run that could've made that same claim.

Back