Welcome To aBlackWeb

Again, that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. He does sketch comedy, he doesn't have a stand up to know what he will bring in. What we do know is that he has 6m followers and monique has 200k. That's a fact. You saying "i bet he couldnt..." is ur imagination and that doesn't mean much in a debate lol

Again, idk why you're talkin about touring when we are talking about a movie. Gabrielle doesn't need to do stand up to have a bigger draw than monique, neither does dc young fly. Simple logic.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with his followers. He got 6 milly

My imagination Lol

Ok breh

So DC can draw more fans on a 40 city tour in arenas 8k-10k than Mo and Steve Lol.

U do know DC has 6 million followers more followers than Steve and Mo combined.

That's my point, those followers don't mean nothing breh.

What them box office numbers looking like is what is all comes down to

so knock, since its obvious you got a firestick

you caping for monique, but you watching it on the fire stick wasnt gon help support her anyway

Who ppl were laughing at in this scene, or better yet, who was the main person in this scene?

Gabby?

Do you understand what the word "draw" means in this context? In a movie, with an ensemble cast of well known black actors and actresses, who would you be most likely going to see? It doesn't matter that Monique ended up being the comedic relief because she wasn't the reason the people were there in the first place. She doesn't have that effect on people. No one in 2016 was going to see a movie SOLELY BECAUSE OF MONIQUE.

And this only highlights points of her not being funny like that. The only other time she was remotely funny was in Roscoe Jenkins. And that was because she had talent all around her. Seems like it was the same with this movie.

She wants to be treated like a A-list comedienne when she can't even carry a movie without there being loads of talent around her.

She thinks she's Kyrie when she ain't shit but Dion Waiters. Lmao.

Do you understand what the word "draw" means in this context? In a movie, with an ensemble cast of well known black actors and actresses, who would you be most likely going to see? It doesn't matter that Monique ended up being the comedic relief because she wasn't the reason the people were there in the first place. She doesn't have that effect on people. No one in 2016 was going to see a movie SOLELY BECAUSE OF MONIQUE.

And this only highlights points of her not being funny like that. The only other time she was remotely funny was in Roscoe Jenkins. And that was because she had talent all around her. Seems like it was the same with this movie.

She wants to be treated like a A-list comedienne when she can't even carry a movie without there being loads of talent around her.

She thinks she's Kyrie when she ain't shit but Dion Waiters. Lmao.

Man, that lady right now can go on a tour and ppl will buy tickets to see her. She right now can do a 40 city tour of 8k-10k, as a head-liner.

I'm not understanding why she can't get what she's worth.

Her audience is an all black audience which is even more impressive to be able to get that many folks to come out and see you on tour.

That scene may have not been funny to you, I thought it was cool, the ppl in the theaters that saw the movie laughed also.

I never stated that ppl were going to see the movie Solely because of her being in it, I said she had the best scenes in the movie, her role stood-out the most to some in that movie.

Her role out-shined, Keri, Gabby, Omar, dayum near all of the cast members.

you caping for monique, but you watching it on the fire stick wasnt gon help support her anyway

Man I done seen the lady on tour breh.

I know someone that got a Netflix account, numerous ppl.

What does this have to do with her knowing her worth?

You veering off the road breh.

Let me ask you this.

Should Martin get Dave and Chris Rock money??

He's hasn't been on the scene in a minute, he's about to start up a LITAF tour.

Could he sell-out the Superdome?

Man I done seen the lady on tour breh.

I know someone that got a Netflix account, numerous ppl.

What does this have to do with her knowing her worth?

You veering off the road breh.
ok, you saw her on tour...cool

but this is about her netflix special. How are YOU going to support when you dont have a subscription and can watch it under YOUR account

Let me ask you this.

Should Martin get Dave and Chris Rock money??

He's hasn't been on the scene in a minute, he's about to start up a LITAF tour.

Could he sell-out the Superdome?
HELL NO

Martin shouldnt get that kinda money

Who ppl were laughing at in this scene, or better yet, who was the main person in this scene?

Gabby?

Doesn’t matter what one scene does.

If she was THE comedic draw it would’ve been promoted as such.

With Jumanji Kevin is the comedic relief draw and promoted as such.

Girls Trip Tiff Haddish was promoted as such.

Bridesmaids Melissa McCarthy was promoted as such.
Etc. etc

These are the ads prior to Almost Christmas. Prime example of an ensemble cast. Nobody name is printed. Everyone in the same sweater nobody stands out in the ad. It’s nobody in particular movie.

almost_christmas.jpg

Almost_Christmas_%28film%29.png

The cast as whole was the draw. Combining each cast members following for the draw. On the breakfast club she tried to intimate at the idea the movie made the big profit because of her. NOPE

She can claim that for movies like Phat Gurlz where she was the draw. As shown in the movie poster below. But that argument would fail because it had a 3 million dollar budget but raked in 7.4 mil at the box office in her PRIME. Which is similar to the box office profit she used to get at shumer....
MV5BNDIyNzU2NTkwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYyMDMzMQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Man, that lady right now can go on a tour and ppl will buy tickets to see her. She right now can do a 40 city tour of 8k-10k, as a head-liner.

I'm not understanding why she can't get what she's worth.

Her audience is an all black audience which is even more impressive to be able to get that many folks to come out and see you on tour.

That scene may have not been funny to you, I thought it was cool, the ppl in the theaters that saw the movie laughed also.

I never stated that ppl were going to see the movie Solely because of her being in it, I said she had the best scenes in the movie, her role stood-out the most to some in that movie.

Her role out-shined, Keri, Gabby, Omar, dayum near all of the cast members.

Once again, doesn't matter if you thought her scenes were better. Most people probably saw that movie because of the people you mentioned. Monique being funny was just a pleasant surprise. It was additional. The same number of people would have seen that movie if Monique wasn't there.

You getting hung up on the fact that she's able to do well within her audience. So? You better be able to do well in YOUR audience.

But everybody else's audience is notably bigger. The demographic of her audience, while impressive to you, doesn't mean shit from a business perspective. It's actually part of the reason her career is being hindered.

HELL NO

Martin shouldnt get that kinda money

Yall see this, dude said Martin, ppl have him their top 10 of all-time, but Ap said HELL NO.

Why not?

So Chris Rock and Dave's work are superior to what Martin has given to the game? Lol

U do know Martin was in Bad Boys 1 and 2

Yall see this, dude said Martin, ppl have him their top 10 of all-time, but Ap said HELL NO.

Why not?

So Chris Rock and Dave's work are superior to what Martin has given to the game? Lol

U do know Martin was in Bad Boys 1 and 2
im not sure what point you are even trying to argue at this point lol

martin hasnt done ANYTHING relative outside of Big Mama's House and Bad Boys

Why would he think he can command $20M for a netflix special in 2018?

i was always wondering who that short black guy was next to Will Smith in those Bad Boy films

didnt know it was Martin

Once again, doesn't matter if you thought her scenes were better. Most people probably saw that movie because of the people you mentioned. Monique being funny was just a pleasant surprise. It was additional. The same number of people would have seen that movie if Monique wasn't there.

You getting hung up on the fact that she's able to do well within her audience. So? You better be able to do well in YOUR audience.

But everybody else's audience is notably bigger. The demographic of her audience, while impressive to you, doesn't mean shit from a business perspective. It's actually part of the reason her career is being hindered.

So Wanda, has a different audience. Pretty much the same like Chris and Dave, came up from under Dave, she got less of an offer.

She was at one point the go to female comedian. Plus she has the gay community and you're saying an audience doesn't mean shit from a business stance.

What's her reason to getting offered 250k?

How would an audience not mean shit to a person that's investing into a client that their man job is to bring in an audience

Monique having an all black audience of over 100k (5k * 40 city tour) actually that's 200k doesn't mean anything in the business world?

im not sure what point you are even trying to argue at this point lol

martin hasnt done ANYTHING relative outside of Big Mama's House and Bad Boys

Why would he think he can command $20M for a netflix special in 2018?

My point is for you to be consistent.

Anybody who isn't relevant or in the eye of the public or have 6m followers, should get the slave deal or better yet, should take what NF gives them.

So Wanda, has a different audience. Pretty much the same like Chris and Dave, came up from under Dave, she got less of an offer.

She was at one point the go to female comedian. Plus she has the gay community and you're saying an audience doesn't mean shit from a business stance.

What's her reason to getting offered 250k?

How would an audience not mean shit to a person that's investing into a client that their man job is to bring in an audience

Monique having an all black audience of over 100k (5k * 40 city tour) actually that's 200k doesn't mean anything in the business world?

You keep lowering that number, chief. First, it was 10, then it was 8, and now it's 5. Lol. I ain't tripping. I know you're trying your absolute best to make a point. (Idk what that point is, but I know you're trying. Lol.)

Let's keep it funky. Monique doesn't even have majority of the black community behind her. Let's be real. Her audience is for women who watch reality shows religiously. For women who think Steve Harvey gives good relationship advice. That's who she's catered to.

Wanda's just not funny. Her audience be damned. And CTG already said that her deal was presented to her at a different time in Netflix history. Things change.

Stop tryna move the goalposts.

Back