Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Angel Reese Thread

You dont think there's a generalized way black ppl approach sport and competition? Not that all black ppl do the same thing but that if I were to go around and watch different pockets of black ppl play sports, I would see similar things I wouldn't see if I were watching different groups of whites, Asians, Latinos etc
^^^^^ took the bait lmao

Talking shit on the court and being borderline disrespectful ain’t a black thing.

lol Yeah it is. You can't say that no white people ever talked trash on the court before black people came along, but you're bugging if you're acting like black people aren't the reason that it's become so infused in basketball culture. That shit comes straight from streetball.

What's wrong with acknowledging that, however small or grand the gesture is, other cultures take things that are rooted in black culture and try to appropriate it?

If a black person does something that catches on to the point other people who are NOT black do it, that is black culture.

She got more heart than most of Yall

Most of yall couldn't conjure up the energy to speak like this against your preferred cacs

lol @ preferred CACs.

I was with her until she got to her reasoning for not wanting to meet with Biden. It wasn't that she didn't like or care about the Bidens. They were just mad because the Bidens didn't include them in their Final Four bracket. lol That took a little wind out of the sails for me because it's basically just sour grapes.

She been standing tall through all this though, so salute to her.

lol @ preferred CACs.

I was with her until she got to her reasoning for not wanting to meet with Biden. It wasn't that she didn't like or care about the Bidens. They were just mad because the Bidens didn't include them in their Final Four bracket. lol That took a little wind out of the sails for me because it's basically just sour grapes.

She been standing tall through all this though, so salute to her.
The bracket shit was an aside...

It had nothing to do with being "mad" but why would she want to meet someone who didn't believe in her team ????

Bottom line.. This intelligent, skilled, gorgeous black woman has integrity. Her energy is VOID at ablackweb.com

She wasn't conditioned to put these people on a pedestal because of political parties.

A lot of negroes can learn a lot from 20 year old Angel Reese. I fucking love her

People on Al Greens Internet are saying the "John Cena" and acting like Tony Yayo didn't do it first

And I don't even rock with that nigga like that but it's disrespectful af.

Lol ayo but thing is Yayo just wasn’t seen as much as Cena cuz I damn sure forgot Yayo did it. I knew Cena took it from a black folks.

@The Lonious Monk 💡 you just said Angel was "mad" too...

An unapologetically black woman standing up for herself against the favored cacs is called "mad" by different black men. Just an observation....

You taking it in a crazy direction. All I meant was that the team's reason for not wanting to meet the Bidens had nothing to do with principles. They just didn't like Jill's bracket. It wasn't even a real criticism, which is why I put "lol."

I have no problem with her being unapologetic and standing on her square, and you're being a clown for trying to twist it that way. That's my problem with you. You can never take a stance without being disingenuous.

You taking it in a crazy direction. All I meant was that the team's reason for not wanting to meet the Bidens had nothing to do with principles. They just didn't like Jill's bracket. It wasn't even a real criticism, which is why I put "lol."

I have no problem with her being unapologetic and standing on her square, and you're being a clown for trying to twist it that way. That's my problem with you. You can never take a stance without being disingenuous.
Nah

Niggas said she was mad to deflect from her point

She has the courage to stand against the people yall bow to and that's the bottom line

There is a reason like less than a percent of people get the brackets right.

I agree with everything Angel said except the bracket shit.

Nobody believed in LSU. They lost two games all year and still was a 3 seed.

I will say I only caught 5 games of LSU basketball this year not counting the tournament.

WHY WOULD SHE WANT TO MEET PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN HER????
Fam,

I guess we'll never know if she would still feel the same had Biden not wanted to invite Iowa as well cause now you're talking about her instead of the team or maybe you're being inclusive.

But how many teams that won still show up that Obama didn't have winning in his bracket?

It's just a distraction brah and a silly hill for Angel to die on.

I just did a quick search. Prior to the tournament, ESPN listed LSU with the 6th best odds to win. So is she not going to do interviews with them also?

Back