Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Angel Reese Thread

I know you ain't one on some foolishness.

I just see the irony that both statements came from the same person.

All lives matter and participation trophies are the same thing.
I just don’t see much of a difference between a small participation trophy and a certificate

If you cool with one you should be cool with the other

And I personally think showing up to all your games (I’m talking youth sports not NCAA or pro) deserves more than a “ehh fuck off until next season”

The only way I could have seen her inviting both teams to the White House is if it had to do with something off the court. Like the anniversary of Title XI or something like that. Even then, it would have been champions from different women's sports.

I just don’t see much of a difference between a small participation trophy and a certificate

If you cool with one you should be cool with the other

And I personally think showing up to all your games (I’m talking youth sports not NCAA or pro) deserves more than a “ehh fuck off until next season”

My daughters have been doing dance competitions this year, and my opinion on "participation trophies" has changed a bit. Basically, what they do at the dance competitions is give out ratings which are basically certificates. I think that's good because it kinda puts into perspective how well the teams did even if they didn't win a trophy. For example, if a team scores at least 275 out of 300, they might get a platinum certificate even if they don't get in the top 3.

From what I observed, that really helps the younger kids. When you just lose, and that's it, for some it's hard to stay motivated. With the way the dance competitions do it, even the young kids get the concept that they didn't win but they also understand that they didn't do horrible and that they should keep working harder to get better. My girls didn't win much in their competition but they had high scores. They felt like they had a shot to be winners so they tried harder. They got 1st overall in their last competition this season, so acknowledging participation can be useful for younger kids.

My daughters have been doing dance competitions this year, and my opinion on "participation trophies" has changed a bit. Basically, what they do at the dance competitions is give out ratings which are basically certificates. I think that's good because it kinda puts into perspective how well the teams did even if they didn't win a trophy. For example, if a team scores at least 275 out of 300, they might get a platinum certificate even if they don't get in the top 3.

From what I observed, that really helps the younger kids. When you just lose, and that's it, for some it's hard to stay motivated. With the way the dance competitions do it, even the young kids get the concept that they didn't win but they also understand that they didn't do horrible and that they should keep working harder to get better. My girls didn't win much in their competition but they had high scores. They felt like they had a shot to be winners so they tried harder. They got 1st overall in their last competition this season, so acknowledging participation can be useful for younger kids.
Yea instant feedback is dope

My son have friends that MVP and super bowl rings along with track first place ribbons.

And I remember my wife asking my son does he want a trophy after his first year.

He said “we only won two games. What would it be for”

But my kid is highly competitive and hates to lose.

I wanted to post this last night about Clark

I see videos from the day of the game till this morning. folks was saying that In her press conference after the game she could have deaded all that mess by saying we all talk trash

but instead she played to how folks felt about Angel with the I just wanted to shake hands and act like nothing happened

She must have see all the videos and her team told her to say what so many black content creators was saying

Last edited:
And SMH at “ I don’t think”

Just say only winners get to go. She was probably tying to be funny about it but still.

And her getting a T shit was over blown

It was a little bit over a minute in the game and LSU only had 2 points in that span

Gillie the coon didn't cosign shit Wallo said

He deflected with the wife stuff and then said "we love ya Dave" lookin like this as Wallo held it down

:huh2:
Fam got his chance at some real money finally he ain’t messing that up for nobody lol

I wanted to post this last night about Clark

I see videos from the day of the game till this morning. folks was saying that In her press conference after the game she could have deaded all that mess by saying we all talk trash

but instead she played to how folks felt about Angel with the I just wanted to shake hands and act like nothing happened

She must have see all the videos and her team told her to say what so many black content creators was saying

I think people are looking too deep into that. She just lost a national championship game and like any other player was upset and in tears. It's not a shock or stretch in that moment she ain't give a fuck about that or was even aware at how much it had blown up in the 10 minutes between the end of the game and that post game press conference. People took offense for her for something she wasn't even offended by and now people are mad at her not even being offended. Niggas just wanna be mad

I think people are looking too deep into that. She just lost a national championship game and like any other player was upset and in tears. It's not a shock or stretch in that moment she ain't give a fuck about that or was even aware at how much it had blown up in the 10 minutes between the end of the game and that post game press conference. People took offense for her for something she wasn't even offended by and now people are mad at her not even being offended. Niggas just wanna be mad
She said she didn’t see it so she couldn’t be offended though.

Back