Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Angel Reese Thread

Idk how to add time stamps but start 27:40

Van makes a great point about how white players today are "cosplaying black culture" by imitating their favorite black players and how their white fans can't take it when actual black ppl do to to white players what's natural for them

I don’t know about imitating black culture by copying black players.

What’s black culture when it comes to what black ball players do?

I don’t know about imitating black culture by copying black players.

What’s black culture when it comes to what black ball players do?
The black players are black culture. I dont think Caitlin Clark and Hailey van lith are tryna be black if that's what you mean.

This is what happens when people support too many conflicting narratives.

I'm sure she just wanted to make some grandiose gesture about female athletes/empowerment or whatever.

Problem is, she got so caught up in trying to push that narrative, that she was totally oblivious to the other message she was sending in the process.

Horrible optics.

Yes.

Just because your black don’t mean what your doing is black culture. That makes no sense
You dont think there's a generalized way black ppl approach sport and competition? Not that all black ppl do the same thing but that if I were to go around and watch different pockets of black ppl play sports, I would see similar things I wouldn't see if I were watching different groups of whites, Asians, Latinos etc

You dont think there's a generalized way black ppl approach sport and competition? Not that all black ppl do the same thing but that if I were to go around and watch different pockets of black ppl play sports, I would see similar things I wouldn't see if I were watching different groups of whites, Asians, Latinos etc
Well I played ball all over from AAU.

Only group that was different from the rest was Asians. Black/White/Hispanic was pretty much the same

That’s my experience from playing ball in so many different states Shrugs

Only group that was different from the rest was Asians. Black/White/Hispanic was pretty much the same

I played against way more black girls that was like angel reese than white girls that was like angel reese. Whether you wana call that an aspect of the culture or not, that's cool.

Bruh so in your mind what is Black culture because you’re confusing me. You are from NO that is filled with Black culture you know all ethnic groups have their little thing.

I wanted to post this last night about Clark

I see videos from the day of the game till this morning. folks was saying that In her press conference after the game she could have deaded all that mess by saying we all talk trash

but instead she played to how folks felt about Angel with the I just wanted to shake hands and act like nothing happened

She must have see all the videos and her team told her to say what so many black content creators was saying

You thinking too hard about it. That broad just lost the championship. Her mind ain't on trying to put out stupid fires that shouldn't have been started in the first place.

Back