The Angel Reese Thread

She actually gave props to Clark before the game. In fact she said she loved her and her game. Went on to say that the trash talk was born out of nothing but competiveness and that she does what she does to try to get in her opponents heads to get a mental edge. Since you know, she's trying to win.

nypost.com/2024/03/31/sports/angel-reese-caitlin-clark-built-a-must-watch-march-madness-rivalry/amp/

That's from before the game and it's an article that illustrates how these rivalry has helped grow the game of women's basketball. Which was proven when the game broke viewership records. So, if she can speak glowingly of her opponent and chief rival, be a catalyst for the growth of her sport, and do everything in the name of winning. I ask, what is it to hate on?

People spoke on it much more elegantly and to with more graciousness than I can offer. I think if you find yourself hating on this young black women who is both a champion on and off the court then you probably need to reanalyze yourself and figure out why you standing on the wrong side of greatness. Because make no mistake, Angel Reese is great.
Long story short to cacs and coon niggas she represents the stereotypical black person which they have propped up to be the boogeyman her journey is very similar to Floyd Mayweathers

Only issue is how does she capitalize on the racist hate like Floyd did

Reactions: AP2.5 and Maywood
Why are you worried about my opinion so bad?

I don’t know how this “hate” shit got thrown out there, but that’s reaching like shit here. Outside of Cacs, wasn’t no one wishing this lady’s downfall (at least not till LSU played USC in the Chip).

It’s just wild to me that someone who could have an opinion outside of race and gender could get branded so bad.

What’s the difference between her and Dillon Brooks? He got CRUSHED for his antics after last year.

What about Dirty Dray? He talks more shit than damn near everyone. Should he be immune to criticism too, or are we giving Ms. Reese a pass because she’s a young lady still in college?

Once again: I’m not referring to the racist and sexist shit. I’m talking about the humble pie aspect of the trash talking. Why did that part fall on deaf ears so bad?

• Coon
Reactions: Disanthrope
It’s a shame some of you need your hand held

But this is a forum right 🥶

This is stupid. Women can want to feel sexy, but the natural consequence of selling that sexuality is that some of the people buy into it will sexualize them. That's just natural cause and effect.

Anyway, two things can be right at the same time.

It's true that Angel Reese has been treated unfairly. She didn't deserve death threats, and she doesn't deserve to be trashed for taunting last year in defense of Caitlin. Especially, when it was Caitlin's taunting that prompted Angel's taunting. Angel's treatment does show how there is a deep seated hatred for black people especially when we behave in a way that goes counter to how white people believe we should behave. That said, she may have taken a loss, but she's still winning in the long run. Good for her.

It's also true that we're talking about sports. And something that's kinda universal with sports is that if you wild out when you're on top, there will be people looking to celebrate when you fall. That's the reality. It may be truer for black people, but it's not even limited to black people. Let's be real. The only reason Angel is getting any sympathy in this case is because she's young and a woman. If this was a man in the same exact situation. Everyone would be clowning him, calling him a bitch, telling him to man up, etc... Humble people get sympathy when they're down. Cocky people do not. That's how sports has pretty much always worked. With the exception of a handful of white athletes that the media loves, even most of them don't escape it. It may be a bit dehumanizing, but let's be real, a large portion of the sports watching public don't really see athletes as human beings.

This is stupid. Women can want to feel sexy, but the natural consequence of selling that sexuality is that some of the people buy into it will sexualize them. That's just natural cause and effect.

Anyway, two things can be right at the same time.

It's true that Angel Reese has been treated unfairly. She didn't deserve death threats, and she doesn't deserve to be trashed for taunting last year in defense of Caitlin. Especially, when it was Caitlin's taunting that prompted Angel's taunting. Angel's treatment does show how there is a deep seated hatred for black people especially when we behave in a way that goes counter to how white people believe we should behave. That said, she may have taken a loss, but she's still winning in the long run. Good for her.

It's also true that we're talking about sports. And something that's kinda universal with sports is that if you wild out when you're on top, there will be people looking to celebrate when you fall. That's the reality. It may be truer for black people, but it's not even limited to black people. Let's be real. The only reason Angel is getting any sympathy in this case is because she's young and a woman. If this was a man in the same exact situation. Everyone would be clowning him, calling him a bitch, telling him to man up, etc... Humble people get sympathy when they're down. Cocky people do not. That's how sports has pretty much always worked. With the exception of a handful of white athletes that the media loves, even most of them don't escape it. It may be a bit dehumanizing, but let's be real, a large portion of the sports watching public don't really see athletes as human beings.
Perfectly said

I read something he posted, but I can't find it now, about how Angel was saying the WNBA is starting at the bottom or whatever but the sentiment was the WNBA is a downgrade.

And that's exactly why I felt like she should just stay in school and kinda be queen of campus and do entrepreneurial shit for as long as possible, because that's a once-in-a-lifetime situation she has at LSU... but she already knows that and knows what she's sacrificing.. she wants that downgrade. I get it

I read something he posted, but I can't find it now, about how Angel was saying the WNBA us starting at the bottom or whatever but the sentiment was the WNBA is a downgrade.

And that's exactly why I felt like she should just stay in school and kinda be queen of campus and do entrepreneurial shit for as long as possible, because that's a once-in-a-lifetime situation she has at LSU... but she already knows that and knows what she's sacrificing.. she wants that downgrade. I get it

She could use another year to improve her offense

Reactions: wutang

I read something he posted, but I can't find it now, about how Angel was saying the WNBA is starting at the bottom or whatever but the sentiment was the WNBA is a downgrade.

No need to stay, I think her NIL's following her to the WNBA so she's still making millions.

No need to stay, I think her NIL's following her to the WNBA so she's still making millions.
it's not the money, but her lifestyle, it's going to be downgraded. She's financially set regardless

Wnba might be the best move to make. I selfishly want to see her stay, because the WNBA might not be the best move to make... especially if Caitlin is coming out and having that lifelong comparison to her, opposed to just a college one. A lot of magic/bird drama/racism attached to that.. And since Aja Wilson is on her LeBron 8 years in a row run right now, and then the New York Liberty will dominate the other conference for a few years, the WNBA ain't going to be sweet for her but I think that's what she wants, so..

To an extent the WNBA is a downgrade

For example,

My ex girl was a stat keeper for the Duke Women’s bball team back in the day and she told me they were flying private to games. Meaning all major programs are prolly flying private and getting the best accommodations

The WNBA still got these women flying commercial

Amongst other things

• Ether
Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
If the WNBA was smart, it would set Caitlin and Angel up to be the WNBA version of Magic and Bird. That might actually work, but from some of the rumblings I've read about, some of those WNBA vets don't really want to see them soar.