Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

I just can't wrap around my head why it's ok for the Natives and Jews to demand and get payed reparations but not us.

If people don't want to vote for a candidate that ain't talking about reparations then that's their right.

But Trump will most likely be reelected unfortunately...

I just can't wrap around my head why it's ok for the Natives and Jews to demand and get payed reparations but not us.

If people don't want to vote for a candidate that ain't talking about reparations then that's their right.

i kinda agree with this.

i cant wrap my head around why is it that our own are against us.

Well the person you quoted has said exactly that. No vote if there isn't a specific black agenda.

Depends on your perspective.

From my perspective, he was saying that we need to realize how important our vote is and do everything in our power to leverage it to get something tangible for it in return.

Now, part of using that leverage, is to show that we're willing to use it to withdraw our support if we don't get what we want.

Granted, there is some risk involved in exercising that power.

I think it was @The Lonious Monk who said earlier that if the Democrats end up winning without us......that they'll stop trying to get our vote altogether; which means we'll end up losing what little leverage we thought we had.

However, if they end up losing without our vote........then they'll realize that they're gonna have to come with something more than empty promises to get our support.

Simply because our support would be key to whatever progressive agenda they're trying to push.

Basically, if we don't get anything..........nobody else gets anything either.

Depends on your perspective.

From my perspective, he was saying that we need to realize how important our vote is and do everything in our power to leverage it to get something tangible for it in return.

Now, part of using that leverage, is to show that we're willing to use it to withdraw our support if we don't get what we want.

Granted, there is some risk involved in exercising that power.

I think it was @The Lonious Monk who said earlier that if the Democrats end up winning without us......that they'll stop trying to get our vote altogether; which means we'll end up losing what little leverage we thought we had.

However, if they end up losing without our vote........then they'll realize that they're gonna have to come with something more than empty promises to get our support.

Simply because our support would be key to whatever progressive agenda they're trying to push.

Basically, if we don't get anything..........nobody else gets anything either.

It's not about perspective. He's said as much in this thread.

You said a lot to basically say to not vote. Basically what you disagreed to saying in the beginning.

I can understand the viewpoint of wanting and demanding some tangible shit that is going to affect you, your family and folks that look like you directly..

Where folks lose me is when they say... if I dont get this ONE thing that is specifically for us.. then fuck you i'm not voting at all. Ur doing urself and everyone that looks like you a disservice by not even bothering to vote

It's not about perspective. He's said as much in this thread.

You said a lot to basically say to not vote. Basically what you disagreed to saying in the beginning.

Not exactly.

Either way, you're voting for something........or against something.

Even if you decide not to vote at all.

if you CHOOSE not to vote.. you have no right to complain about the direction the country is going.

You had the opportunity to help determine the location we all going in but because you aint get to go to Wendys(or the restaurant of your choice) ur fine with letting the rest of the folks in the car choose to drive the shit off a cliff instead?

if you CHOOSE not to vote.. you have no right to complain about the direction the country is going.

You had the opportunity to help determine the location we all going in but because you aint get to go to Wendys(or the restaurant of your choice) ur fine with letting the rest of the folks in the car choose to drive the shit off a cliff instead?

Full disclosure.

I voted for Bernie in the primary, but had enough sense to vote for Hillary in the general election.

Therefore, for the purposes of this thread, I'm just thinking out loud and playing devil's advocate more than anything.

So, in all likelihood..........at the most.........I'll simply be facing a crisis of conscience at the polls depending on who wins the Democratic Primary.

Others, however, don't feel they have anything to lose.......simply because they're starting to feel as though they haven't gained anything by blindly supporting the Democratic Party for as long as they have.

Regardless, the DNC needs to find a way to address those concerns.......because they're not going away.

The more evasive they get in their answers, the more scrutiny the prospective candidates are going to face as a result of their evasiveness.

So they'd better figure out something soon, because........for a lot of people.........the same old/same old isn't going to cut it anymore.

Full disclosure.

I voted for Bernie in the primary, but had enough sense to vote for Hillary in the general election.

Therefore, for the purposes of this thread, I'm just thinking out loud and playing devil's advocate more than anything.

So, in all likelihood..........at the most.........I'll simply be facing a crisis of conscience at the polls depending on who wins the Democratic Primary.

Others, however, don't feel they have anything to lose.......simply because they're starting to feel as though they haven't gained anything by blindly supporting the Democratic Party for as long as they have.

Regardless, the DNC needs to find a way to address those concerns.......because they're not going away.

The more evasive they get in their answers, the more scrutiny the prospective candidates are going to face as a result of their evasiveness.

So they'd better figure out something soon, because........for a lot of people.........the same old/same old isn't going to cut it anymore.

im 1000% with holding the people you intend on supporting accountable to shit that's relevant to you/us. It's just the "fuck this shit I'm going home" crowd I have issue with. You aint gon get everything... but with politics.. you choose the candidate which is closest to your values.

I really don't understand cats that be on some "well they aint give me what I want so fuck it let everyone suffer until I get mines first" tip

How is wanting affordable healthcare (preferably universal), raising the minimum wage, keeping union jobs, getting the 1% to pay more taxes, student loan reform,criminal justice reform etc.etc. "evil"???

Im not specifically talking about Bernie bruh. Everyday folks feel the democrats arent doing enough and its not just black people. They have extremely weak canidates after Obama. And to alot of people they compromise to much. Yall act we saying vote for trump

i kinda agree with this.

i cant wrap my head around why is it that our own are against us.

They not against it. They just dont think it realistic. Im completely for reparations in the trillions. Given asap in cash. But some of yall want finance classes first some want better job access or the feds to make better schools.

I really dont feel any demand for reparation will get anywhere. Especially if they aint did it by now. But my alternative is not realistic.

This is said every year niggas continue to vote dont get anything then complain. Because then all my complaints will be answered. Lol ok

Im not specifically talking about Bernie bruh. Everyday folks feel the democrats arent doing enough and its not just black people. They have extremely weak canidates after Obama. And to alot of people they compromise to much. Yall act we saying vote for trump
Obama is and was more comprising than the top 5 .. whoever that may be for a number of reasons though.. one being he was the first black president, he really believed his measured approach would be an asset. he was made to compromise by the lack of good faith/ racism for the other side and at the core thats who he is also..

Most black people voted for hiliary and she lost. Even if every black person voted we can still lose.

Yes local politics is a way we can try and make progress but we still numbers wise under repped. Gerrymandering and all that shit still happens.

Obama is and was more comprising than the top 5 .. whoever that may be for a number of reasons though.. one being he was the first black president, he really believed his measured approach would be an asset. he was made to compromise by the lack of good faith/ racism for the other side and at the core thats who he is also..

So in other words they gonna follow his trend. I mean wasnt there a point where dems had a majority. But it didnt last

also reparations didnt start with the ados moment yall need to read up on the contemporary push.. by John Conyers .. he didnt just actually participate in the process he was a fucking congressman

This is said every year niggas continue to vote dont get anything then complain. Because then all my complaints will be answered. Lol ok

You voting or nah? You feel that you can legit complain about shit but when you had an opportunity to vote but you chose not to because you didnt get EVERYTHING you wanted as opposed to 30%...40%...50%?

You voting or nah? You feel that you can legit complain about shit but when you had an opportunity to vote but you chose not to because you didnt get EVERYTHING you wanted as opposed to 30%...40%...50%?

Nigga i voted thats why im complaining. Yall niggas aint even ask

Getting reparations is not unrealistic!!!!

Other groups have been got paid by the government! Stop saying the shit is impossible.

Getting reparations is not unrealistic!!!!

Other groups have been got paid by the government! Stop saying the shit is impossible.

Im saying its unrealistic for black people to expect it without a fight. And yes some natives got it but alot didnt and them reservations ate trash. Like if they really were doing for a moral reason they couldve paid in like 1900. The further it goes i think its less likely

Back