Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

This thread is 10 pages of arguing about shit that’s kinda irrelevant to what this is actually about. And most, if not all, the people who seem to be “against” this, would have zero problems with what this is actually about, had they just been able to read it what it really is.

Took me 5 minutes, to 180 on this.

Website was posted on the first page and referred to multiple times, but ok.

This thread is 10 pages of arguing about shit that’s kinda irrelevant to what this is actually about. And most, if not all, the people who seem to be “against” this, would have zero problems with what this is actually about, had they just been able to read it what it really is.

Took me 5 minutes, to 180 on this.

I read and it didn't make me 180 on it.

As I've thought from the beginning, it's just another vehicle to request reparations. I personally think that's a pointless endeavor, but if people feel strongly about it, I can still applaud them for striving towards that goal. My issue is the way this is being framed. Some of the things on that list are silly (e.g. asking the government to fund special interest media and then to pay companies to advertise through that media). Others aren't really limited to DOS and shouldn't be addressed that way (e.g. compensation for poisoning in Flint). Most importantly though, with a few notable exceptions, most of that list could and probably be should be addressed as black problems not DOS problems (e.g. the corrupt legal system has harmed 2 and 3 generation Caribbean immigrants the same way it has harmed DOS).

I still think the better way to handle this would be to work with the greater black community to solve the bigger issues, which would also solve some of the listed issues. And then if blacks want to break into smaller interest groups to handle remaining problems so be it.

That’s cool and all. But I didn’t say you would 180. I said I did.

And what I 180ed from was all the pointless straw man arguments that were being thrown around by some people, including myself, because how this whole thing is being presented, is off.

As I've thought from the beginning, it's just another vehicle to request reparations. I personally think that's a pointless endeavor, but if people feel strongly about it, I can still applaud them for striving towards that goal. My issue is the way this is being framed. Some of the things on that list are silly (e.g. asking the government to fund special interest media and then to pay companies to advertise through that media). Others aren't really limited to DOS and shouldn't be addressed that way (e.g. compensation for poisoning in Flint). Most importantly though, with a few notable exceptions, most of that list could and probably be should be addressed as black problems not DOS problems (e.g. the corrupt legal system has harmed 2 and 3 generation Caribbean immigrants the same way it has harmed DOS).

I still think the better way to handle this would be to work with the greater black community to solve the bigger issues, which would also solve some of the listed issues. And then if blacks want to break into smaller interest groups to handle remaining problems so be it.

You might not think everything on there is actually feasible... But would you disagree with any things actually being done, IF we could get it done.

That’s cool and all. But I didn’t say you would 180. I said I did.

And what I 180ed from was all the pointless straw man arguments that were being thrown around by some people, including myself, because how this whole thing is being presented, is off.

You might not think everything on there is actually feasible... But would you disagree with any things actually being done, IF we could get it done.

Like I said, I think the media advertisements point is kinda stupid because I don't really think that's how things work with the media, but for the most part the list is good. They definitely do have a few points that are pertinent solely to DOS and I can't really argue against them wanting to advocate for those things. I just feel like some of those things would be better addressed by a united black community (e.g., criminal justice reform) rather than a splintered group.

He actually added it to the OP after I made that post. Might help to read the thread before you come in neck rolling.

Nah, I'm not the one with the reading problem and I'm not referring to the OP's post.
I thought you and others may have been being deceitful some how, but if y'all legit just missed things the first time, ah well.

I got a serious question about ADOS / reparations.......granted reparations are given, how will the government know you are an ADOS without submitting a DNA sample? This can turn into another issue because I am not with submitting a DNA sample to find out my lineage and then get arrested for an unsolved cold case I had nothing to do with. Tracking down your family history can be labor-intensive and costly (such as requesting birth / death certificates, slave auction logs, etc) when compared to giving a DNA sample.

I got a serious question about ADOS / reparations.......granted reparations are given, how will the government know you are an ADOS without submitting a DNA sample? This can turn into another issue because I am not with submitting a DNA sample to find out my lineage and then get arrested for an unsolved cold case I had nothing to do with. Tracking down your family history can be labor-intensive and costly (such as requesting birth / death certificates, slave auction logs, etc) when compared to giving a DNA sample.

Not sure, good question. I would just follow the same setup on how other groups got paid.

Stop using my name in vain

Bernie looking funny in the light when asked these reparations questions.

Why the fuck was he getting so agitated?

Because he didn't want to be asked the question.

It's not like Bernie didn't answer it back in 2016. He stated that he felt reparations are unfeasible when it comes to African-Americans. When it came to the Jewish community, he was ALL for it.

Only a sucker would vote for him.

Last edited:
Because he didn't want to be asked the question.

It's not like Bernie didn't answer it back in 2016. He stated that he felt reparations are unfeasible when it comes to African-Americans. When it came to the Jewish community, he was ALL for it.

Only a sucker would vote for him.

So who you going to vote for?

Back