Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we still have reparations on our agenda? Y’all still want your 40 acres and a mule? If not that, then what does reparations look like? Ideologues are so unrealistic. Grand ideas with no plan to make them happen.

Who do you think will most likely support any part of a black agenda? Biden or Trump? Vote for that person cause nobody is going to support the entire black agenda. And like it or not, there is no 3rd option. Even if there were, if they lose, then you get nothing out of it.

So vote to get something, or don’t vote to get nothing.

Funny thing about is the two things you need to get it passed all goes away with a trump 2nd term.

Democrats have a good chance to take back the senate with a good turnout. If reperations was ever going to get passed, you need an overwhelming majority in the house and senate. Thats hard to do when votes are being suppressed and upheld which leads me to...

Secondly and most importantly you need judges that are gonna uphold it. Not just at the supreme court...but at the district and the appellate court level. Trump is massively stacking those with conservatives as we speak. If trump is re-elected, reperations are GUARANTEED to not happen for another generation...at least.

I agree.

Thing is... seems like we have a disconnect on here where one side thinks social activism alone is gonna fix everything and the other side thinks strictly engaging in the politics is gonna fix it.

WE NEED BOTH.

We need folks protesting and making the point publicly... and we also need folks in the room with these politicians to ensure the shit that is being protested about is actioned.
I agree we need both, that's my main issue. I'll vote Biden in the fall, but I don't see any demands being made, despite all the support he's getting right now.

do you do both?

post sound like u heavily rely on the government for upward mobility

fair point. And nah I don't do both at the moment. I don't even currently live in the states.

I make sure I vote at every opportunity though cuz I still have fam that live back home and I'm not gonna be where im currently living forever. I intend on coming home and I don't want it to be a flaming pile of shit when I land lol

fair point. And nah I don't do both at the moment. I don't even currently live in the states.

I make sure I vote at every opportunity though cuz I still have fam that live back home and I'm not gonna be where im currently living forever. I intend on coming home and I don't want it to be a flaming pile of shit when I land lol

where do you live?

It's odd.

Four years ago, I would've welcomed Uncle Joe as the Dem nominee. He seemed like a very stable choice.

Now, this shit looks JUST like 2016, where a terrible candidate, who is in NO WAY is liberal, is being forced on us, in hopes that he'll take out some other shitbird.

This fuckin country. I'm bout to just write in Warren Buffet's name in my ballot and be done with it.

It's odd.

Four years ago, I would've welcomed Uncle Joe as the Dem nominee. He seemed like a very stable choice.

Now, this shit looks JUST like 2016, where a terrible candidate, who is in NO WAY is liberal, is being forced on us, in hopes that he'll take out some other shitbird.

This fuckin country. I'm bout to just write in Warren Buffet's name in my ballot and be done with it.
Many people here and across the nets will argue a non vote is a vote for trump

Then when u say u'll vote 3rd party....tell u that you're wrong for that too

How have previous votes not led to progress? I'm not gone keep listening to people talk like black people have made zero progress in this country. What fucking progress are you niggas longing for that you're not seeing and is that progress even attainable through 4 years of one Presidency?

Our government right now is as black as it's ever been. America right now is as black as it's ever been. Black people are in positions of power right now more than ever. So since we don't have total domination that means we ain't do shit? FOH.

Show me how we haven't made any progress.
Police Brutality stop?
Education standards better in low income black schools?
Black businesses receiving the same grants and banking opportunities as others?
Infrastructure improved in predominantly black neighborhoods?
Has political representation drastically improved to meet the actual look of this country?
Etc...

Yo get on code we ain't doing this shit again. U a IC refugee?! Then u know how boss was waving that both sides are the same flag. And that shit was proven dead ass wrong.

Get on code, trump is the goddamn devil and ain't no fence riding this time. And to those who dont pay attention to anything but come drop their 2 cents in at election time with half baked conspiracy theories, dont.

Yall want dems to have a black agenda, show up to the polls en masse and be the reason trump gets thrown on his ear, flex our collective strength then in a united voice tell them to deliver on their side. I mean we in the midst of a global pandemic RIGHT NOW and dont have the testing kits needed because trump slashed funding by 80% for such services and yet yall cant see why he is a significantly bigger threat?
You can't wait until these politicians get established and then demand... they're in and cosy until the next election. They need to know going in shit ain't easy and follow through will be a must.

Nah. You got it all ass backwards. I'm not gonna vote in hopes of receiving a black agenda. They're going to have to present an agenda to me to EARN my vote

The more yall hype the trump boogey man narrative the more you solidify my position
The silly fuck is the boogey man because
A. He has the power to create the Supreme Court's image

B. He has an anger toward Obama and is getting rid of common sense work he did out of spite

C. He's extremely self serving and easily sucked in by sycophants

D. His ego will fuck things up across the board

You can't wait until these politicians get established and then demand... they're in and cosy until the next election. They need to know going in shit ain't easy and follow through will be a must.
Oh I know that. But ask these folks complaining what they actually want and see the non answers you get. As it is, we need to get our shit together. We are literally living out the "what's the worse that can happen" scenario and seeing that shit can get real bad.

I can't believe people want to both sides this issue while we cant even test for the virus because this dumbass president cut the funding by 80% because he thinks science is a hoax. This is a fucking tragedy in motion and the blind is leading the blind straight towards it.

“I shall not go to the polls. I believe that democracy has so far disappeared in the United States that no “two evils” exist. There is but one evil party with two names, & it will be elected despite all I can do or say.”

- W.E.B. Du Bois, October 20th, 1956
Never knew he said that, that's some thoughtful ass shit

“I shall not go to the polls. I believe that democracy has so far disappeared in the United States that no “two evils” exist. There is but one evil party with two names, & it will be elected despite all I can do or say.”

- W.E.B. Du Bois, October 20th, 1956

:wtf10:

This is everything

Things haven't changed in 60+ years, but niggas are still playing dumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back