Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll Bite. Voted in Primary and general. Voted for Crooked Hillary ass too and still amounted to nothing. As long as we have the Electoral college, my state is going to vote against me. its shit like this thats shaking my belief in the system. Trump lost the popular vote and if memory serve correctly Bush lost the popular vote at least once. So what is the point unless you stay in a swing state, it feels like your vote don't even matter.

I can understand the sentiment of feeling your vote won't count in deep red states..That makes sense to me...

Everyone else that are in states that are just on some... nah fuck voting shit tho? Not so much.

In swing states... NOT voting allows these republicans that get into power to rig the game/numbers via redistricting and carving up shit so that it makes it easier for them to win going forward. Gotta have some skin in the game in order to affect some change in those places.. or at least attempt to do so imo.

What's the point in continuing to go back and forth? Nobody's views have been changed and everyone has stated their position multiple times. Half of you aren't interested in genuine discourse anyway.

he knows he wont receive the nomination with out some miracle act

but from what I’m reading, he’s planning to at least let by gones be by gones and give Biden a chance to adopt some of his progressive agenda

Yeah let's just completely ignore the part about how by actual laws were passed.... in conjunction with disruptive protests/general strikes/revolutions

Who passes laws again?

Oh yeah.. people who are voted in

and ever since niggas got the right to vote, theyve been perfectly ok with the bare minimum.

Yeah let's just completely ignore the part about how by actual laws were passed.... in conjunction with disruptive protests/general strikes/revolutions

Who passes laws again?

Oh yeah.. people who are voted in
Laws were passed only because we protested and demanded it. The whole problem is we stopped doing that after the Civil Rights movement. We may occasionally hold a rally or march here and there, but nothing like what we did back in the day. It's not like JFK or LBJ were some great humanitarians, we had to force their hands.

Laws were passed only because we protested and demanded it. The whole problem is we stopped doing that after the Civil Rights movement. We may occasionally hold a rally or march here and there, but nothing like what we did back in the day. It's not like JFK or LBJ were some great humanitarians, we had to force their hands.

I agree.

Thing is... seems like we have a disconnect on here where one side thinks social activism alone is gonna fix everything and the other side thinks strictly engaging in the politics is gonna fix it.

WE NEED BOTH.

We need folks protesting and making the point publicly... and we also need folks in the room with these politicians to ensure the shit that is being protested about is actioned.

I agree.

Thing is... seems like we have a disconnect on here where one side thinks social activism alone is gonna fix everything and the other side thinks strictly engaging in the politics is gonna fix it.

WE NEED BOTH.

We need folks protesting and making the point publicly... and we also need folks in the room with these politicians to ensure the shit that is being protested about is actioned.

do you do both?

post sound like u heavily rely on the government for upward mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back