Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny?
Your optimism. I wish i was still that blind, honestly. The SCOTUS is staying conservative for at least the next 20 years, nothing is getting reversed. Your only hope is that Roberts truly leans into his Anthony Kennedy transformation.

Policies not feeble acknowledgement and credit. Thats the victory

The gross hyperbole of saying black women save democracy is nothing more than sweet nothings

Your optimism. I wish i was still that blind, honestly. The SCOTUS is staying conservative for at least the next 20 years, nothing is getting reversed. Your only hope is that Roberts truly leans into his Anthony Kennedy transformation.

What The Fuck???????

So you can only apply optimism when Democrats want to do something yet you have no problem giving full credit to everything that Republicans do?

Look at what you're doing?

Puerto Rico has never waffled on being a state. A Republican led Congress has led many Americans to believe that but it's simply not true.

The majority of the talk that is against PR statehood has come from.....................surprise, White Americans.

I ain't saying that white Americans, particularly Republicans, haven't been against it, but Puerto Ricans have had two relatively recent referendums on the subject, one last year and one in 2012. The votes in favor of statehood were 54% and 52%. Those aren't exactly strong majorities and as you can see the desire has actually gone down since 2012. Maybe waffling is the wrong word to use, but PR has never really been strongly in favor of statehood like DC. Hell, doesn't PR have a faction of people that would actually prefer independence from the US altogether?

I ain't saying that white Americans, particularly Republicans, haven't been against it, but Puerto Ricans have had two relatively recent referendums on the subject, one last year and one in 2012. The votes in favor of statehood were 54% and 52%. Those aren't exactly strong majorities and as you can see the desire has actually gone down since 2012. Maybe waffling is the wrong word to use, but PR has never really been strongly in favor of statehood like DC. Hell, doesn't PR have a faction of people that would actually prefer independence from the US altogether?

Puerto Rico has always been in favor of statehood. The call is not theirs to make though.

Puerto Rico has never waffled on being a state. A Republican led Congress has led many Americans to believe that but it's simply not true.

The majority of the talk that is against PR statehood has come from.....................surprise, White Americans.
I swear I remember reading articles in the past where some of PR weren't for statehood...

I swear I remember reading articles in the past where some of PR weren't for statehood...

Honestly you don't really need to read anything. Take on look at Congress and ask yourself when in the last 30 years would Republicans or Democrats in Republican ran states would ever sign off on Puerto Rico statehood?

Like c'mon now man.

I'm all about open debates and discussion and hearing everybody's opinion but you're being a real both sides Republican ass nigga right now.
Lol, there was no debate to be had. I agreed with u. The Dem leadership are soft pussies who don’t serve the people and one has to apply some level of optimism to think they will do good things.

Repulicans can be loathsome, but when it’s time to use power to serve their corporate overlords, they don’t fuck around.

Puerto Rico has always been in favor of statehood. The call is not theirs to make though.

True, it's not, but weak support for statehood according to referendum results from PR is one of the things Republicans have used to push making PR a state. I looked it up though and it appears that everything is still in play following last year's referendum, so I guess the new Congress really could make it a state if they choose.

History has been made but this will feel like a moral victory until actual policies are enacted and changes are made.

They can start with that 2k stimmy for the families in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back