Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wanna hear it. I don't wanna hear about your trump boogey man. Yall are so critical of new black media, then turn around and parrot the lesser of 2 evils bullshit that they've been preaching against for years. Its a conditioned mindset. Pathetic.

Imagine voting for your interests for once in your black life...
What does new black media have to do with anything? I’m a realist. Given two options, there is no other choice than the lesser of two evils. Not voting is choosing 1 of the 2 evils because your lack of a vote is helping one of them whether you like it or not.

Plus, getting Democrats to respect the black vote comes way before the election. We need black leaders that will articulate our agenda and present it to those seeking our vote under ultimatum.

Absent that, you vote for who will do best and push them to do better while they are in office. Vote for who is most likely to push our agenda forward. The fight doesn’t stop with The vote itself.

This argument would hold more water, if previous votes had actually led to progress. The main issue with people who don't vote....is they think nothing will change.

This is why many of us keep harping on policy. You have to give people something to vote FOR, not just against. Young voters won't turnout unless motivated. Swing voters won't switch unless you give them a reason. Not sure Biden is the best candidate to do either, but we'll see.

Niggas need to stop looking for instant gratification after voting. That's the problem/ Got niggas in here complaining about policies when they know damn well none of this shit happens overnight. All I see is people complaining about policies and acting like if a candidate they liked and voted for with their policies won, they'd actually see the results of it during their term.

Niggas let the title of POTUS hold too much damn weight. The truth of the matter is the most powerful tool any President has is the tool to scale back, turn away, and reverse change. It's easy as fuck to say nah we ain't doing that shit we doing this. It's much harder to start doing something that we aren't doing. I wish people would understand that and stop trying to talk over people like you're smarter than them thinking you have some grand ol big ideas when in reality you're not asking for anything we haven't asked for either. You just expect the shit to happen instantly. Young people think change is quick and easy and they have no desire to see shit through. That's why they don't vote. They have no patience.

Understood.

Black people should refrain from voting in 2020 and sit back and watch how the Democraps get their act together before 2024. The change in their tune will be marvelous
That shit ain't happen this time what makes you think it'll happen at all later... dems bullshit us and the Repubs ignore us and the Independents don't care... you're giving Americans a strong amount of faith

That shit ain't happen this time what makes you think it'll happen at all later... you're giving Americans a strong amount of faith
It might not happen but i predict you'll see a change in approach. They've already proven to us that they're aware of the issues but they just don't give a fuck about them.. now they will at least have to pretend they give a fuck. They know the empty pandering isn't enough

It might not happen but i predict you'll see a change in approach. They've already proven to us that they're aware of the issues but they just don't give a fuck about them.. now they will at least have to pretend they give a fuck. They know the empty pandering isn't enough
They been pretending to give a fuck... when have they never not?? Shit won't change, because we as a group cannot get leaders that will articulate the necessary needs for our community… the LGBTQ have it, the Latino community is building it, the climate and green-space folks have it, the Jews have it, technically women have it... Who we got doing something???

Last edited:
Tell me when that has fully ever occurred? About the closest thing we can even point to is the civil rights era and even that got our asses kicked
I said better, not completely. I think most people that don't have their head up their own ass see the ugly evil part of America that Trump represents, and it puts it in their face. Unlike when Obama was in office and racism was over

You know the craziest part of all of this shit though for real?

All the niggas bitching and complaining about black voters, progressive policies, change, the establishment, at the end of the day put all of their hopes in a 78 year old white man?

Really nigga. Bernie Sanders is who us supposed to lead this movement that's so important to black people? You mean there's not a single black person in America that's qualified to say and do the same shit as Bernie fucking Sanders?

All that shit talking about not voting and America needing to do better for black folks and this is y'all mans?

bernie-sanders-696x463.png

Niggas need to stop looking for instant gratification after voting. That's the problem/ Got niggas in here complaining about policies when they know damn well none of this shit happens overnight. All I see is people complaining about policies and acting like if a candidate they liked and voted for with their policies won, they'd actually see the results of it during their term.

Niggas let the title of POTUS hold too much damn weight. The truth of the matter is the most powerful tool any President has is the tool to scale back, turn away, and reverse change. It's easy as fuck to say nah we ain't doing that shit we doing this. It's much harder to start doing something that we aren't doing. I wish people would understand that and stop trying to talk over people like you're smarter than them thinking you have some grand ol big ideas when in reality you're not asking for anything we haven't asked for either. You just expect the shit to happen instantly. Young people think change is quick and easy and they have no desire to see shit through. That's why they don't vote. They have no patience.
You said a lot of words, but didn't address my points. So let me repeat....when previous votes didn't lead to progress, why would many voters now think one for Joe Biden of all people, would??? Keep in mind, I'm speaking about the people who need to turnout in November, not myself. Young voters have been lagging during these primaries,and it could get worse with Bernie gone. Swing voters are needed in purple states, but you gotta give them something to vote FOR. Which again, is why policy matters.

The fact so many Biden backers get upset when people ask what he's about, isn't a great selling point. Like we don't deserve a reason(s) and should just go along with things.

You said a lot of words, but didn't address my points. So let me repeat....when previous votes didn't lead to progress, why would many voters now think one for Joe Biden of all people, would??? Keep in mind, I'm speaking about the people who need to turnout in November, not myself. Young voters have been lagging during these primaries,and it could get worse with Bernie gone. Swing voters are needed in purple states, but you gotta give them something to vote FOR. Which again, is why policy matters.

The fact so many Biden backers get upset when people ask what he's about, isn't a great selling point. Like we don't deserve a reason(s) and should just go along with things.
There are votes that promote progress and there are those that avert disaster. The vote this November is for the latter.

I said better, not completely. I think most people that don't have their head up their own ass see the ugly evil part of America that Trump represents, and it puts it in their face. Unlike when Obama was in office and racism was over
Better in what way and how, none of what we're seeing is brand new: cages, police brutality, mass shootings, extreme racial episodes, rampant corruption, proxy wars... no matter who the hell is in office it was and is still occurring. And to micro that down... poor edu still in the black community, lack of opportunity still in the black community, etc who is gonna be better for us? Average white ppl??

You know the craziest part of all of this shit though for real?

All the niggas bitching and complaining about black voters, progressive policies, change, the establishment, at the end of the day put all of their hopes in a 78 year old white man?

Really nigga. Bernie Sanders is who us supposed to lead this movement that's so important to black people? You mean there's not a single black person in America that's qualified to say and do the same shit as Bernie fucking Sanders?

All that shit talking about not voting and America needing to do better for black folks and this is y'all mans?

bernie-sanders-696x463.png
You still not listening. We had a longlist of young candidates on deck (Booker, Harris, Tulsi, Knobhead, Buttegieg, Yang, Patrick). But in the end it was 4 old white polticians who lasted(Warren, Bloomberg, Bernie, Biden). And the best of those 4...Warren, never got traction.

At least Bernie stood for something, and matched up well with Trump. Biden is an old senile relic being carried right now. Everyone is basically told to hold their noses and vote for Biden.Not a great campaign platform.

According to every report imaginable Trump would rather face Biden than Bernie....and thinks Biden would be easier to defeat than Bernie and what do we do?

There are votes that promote progress and there are those that avert disaster. The vote this November is for the latter.
I mean......is Biden the best one to put out there as averting disaster? You really gonna sell young and swing voters on just this?

These argument need to get better by November if we're gonna get turnout to the level it needs to be.

You still not listening. We had a longlist of young candidates on deck (Booker, Harris, Tulsi, Knobhead, Buttegieg, Yang, Patrick). But in the end it was 4 old white polticians who lasted(Warren, Bloomberg, Bernie, Biden). And the best of those 4...Warren, never got traction.

At least Bernie stood for something, and matched up well with Trump. Biden is an old senile relic being carried right now. Everyone is basically told to hold their noses and vote forBiden.Not a great campaign platform.
So at the end of the day who do you hold responsible?

Prime reason people who say they’re not going to vote should.

You already know the republicans are suppressing the vote, and it’s only going to get worse the longer Trump is in office. Who’s to say once the perfect candidate does get the nom you’ll even be able to vote for them?

You have a chance this election to secure shit down the line and that’s the point. Plug the leak first then scoop out the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back