Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.. it really is just platitudes until I see policy that shows they value black women
..we vote in lockstep with black women.. they deserve props for the tireless thankless organizing but the efforts are collective

But you have people out here using supposed stratification as capital
I agree let’s see some actions. Too bad these so called praises are disingenuous.

Biden has said he wants to improve upon the ACA. Obama said from the beginning that the ACA was just a way to open the door, and that he expected it to be improved. I wonder if they wouldn't be better served just coming up with a better alternative now, and pushing that rather than fighting to keep the ACA and then having to try and push for improvements if they are serious about that.

I think the problem is less about black women getting their shine and more about how they use it to attack black men. There was a tweet a while back where they praised black women for voting a certain way and shit on black men, and when you looked at the numbers there was only like a 3% difference. Then there was that most recent post where an actual elected official claimed that black men who didn't vote for Biden were voting against black women. That shit's pretty fucked up man. If black women want to position themselves as the MVPs of the Dem party, that's fine. I just don't see why some feel the need to step on black men to do it.
I mean...

Is it really extreme or are we a fsr right country that allow the far right to frame the narrative.

Not one politician ran on Defund the police

That last statement is 100% true

But there was also very little pushback from them out of FEAR of alienating certain people, which was easily spun into them endorsing it. Politicians move in fear no matter which way you slice it.

You sound hurt as fuck to me right now

I wasn't raised on what about me when the topic at hand is about females

I find it odd but whatever. #Harris2020 #BlackWomen2020

I get not wanting to down black women or their accomplishments. I also get wanting to give black women all the praise they are due. All that is fine.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with pointing out a trend. The discussion is moving away from uplifting the black community and more to "black women got you where you are now it's time to take care of black women." If you're cool with that transition, then it's all good. I just don't think its unreasonable to believe that could be a little dangerous especially when black men are already falling behind for a variety of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back