Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re asking this because you disagree with something. I’m guessing you disagree that there is a divide and you’re looking at her tweet at face value...
I'm asking cause you provided no context

And yes, I very much take the tweet at face value

I don’t think his point is one we should overlook

Seemed like people just said defund the police as an attention grabber, cause when asked they always clarified “well what we mean is...[insert something that’s not actually defunding the police].”
i get it but its beyond these words.. they move in fear... the other side has no such compunctions

I'm asking cause you provided no context

And yes, I very much take the tweet at face value
There’s been a concerted effort to alienate black men by overly praising black women. Put it like this if what I’m saying is a supposed reach then explain why Trump tried to pander to black men as a last minute Hail Mary to get more votes?

There’s been a concerted effort to alienate black men by overly praising black women. Put it like this if what I’m saying is a supposed reach then explain why Trump tried to pander to black men as a last minute Hail Mary to get more votes?
I won't put it like anything. Its a concerted effort that obviously worked if you felt aliened

I didn't nor did I see it as overly praising of black women. I saw a factual statement that didn't lessen or cheapen my involvement in the least

I don't get the division so I guess it didn't work on me

I won't put it like anything. Its a concerted effort that obviously worked if you felt aliened

I didn't nor did I see it as overly praising of black women. I saw a factual statement that didn't lessen or cheapen my involvement in the least

I don't get the division so I guess it didn't work on me
So 80% of black men voted for Biden and they focus on black women that don’t seem odd? But had Biden lost they would’ve blamed black men.

The praise not genuine that’s the point.
This.. it really is just platitudes until I see policy that shows they value black women
..we vote in lockstep with black women.. they deserve props for the tireless thankless organizing but the efforts are collective

But you have people out here using supposed stratification as capital

Damn bruh.

Let black women get their shine

I think the problem is less about black women getting their shine and more about how they use it to attack black men. There was a tweet a while back where they praised black women for voting a certain way and shit on black men, and when you looked at the numbers there was only like a 3% difference. Then there was that most recent post where an actual elected official claimed that black men who didn't vote for Biden were voting against black women. That shit's pretty fucked up man. If black women want to position themselves as the MVPs of the Dem party, that's fine. I just don't see why some feel the need to step on black men to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back