Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked for the city of charleston before in SC. Let me tell you, these white folks had gotten so comfortable talking to black men who work for them, like they are idiots. I was getting city issued iPad for work and the head of IT which was a white women was talking to me in front of other niggaz like I was stupid.

Like I didn't know how to set up email on an ipad, I asked her a complex question and she deadass got irritated, like I was supposed to know my role as a black man and shut up. All the black dudes in the room started looking at the floor and all around, afraid to make eye contact.

I had just got hired and was being paid better than dudes who had been there forever but had just decided to take what's given. The black folks in the "big office" (city hall) had attitudes of not wanting to affiliate themselves with any black person that wasnt wearing a suit, less they be lumped in with the rest of the blacks by the whites.

I had a map layout of the city and you could see clearly how they would rig the counties would go to a huge neighborhood and block in two blocks to be considered outside of the district even tho they were around the corner from white folks in the district who's votes dictated what happened in that county.

And dude tryna blame a progressive movement for that loss..that's disgusting

Probably easier to do if we weren’t here, on a social media site, having this discussion
Guess you missed the unreliable social media part of that. As much as people bash the media, I only trust reputable news outlets. I even trust the actual News side of Fox News to an extent. I just try to take the spin off of what they’re saying, same with CNN.

Then there are other sources, such as 538 politics, NPR news, etc. who I rely on as well.

But a random person with no credentials, and a blue check don’t count, I don’t trust as far as I could throw them.

I've worked for the city of charleston before in SC. Let me tell you, these white folks had gotten so comfortable talking to black men who work for them, like they are idiots. I was getting city issued iPad for work and the head of IT which was a white women was talking to me in front of other niggaz like I was stupid.

Like I didn't know how to set up email on an ipad, I asked her a complex question and she deadass got irritated, like I was supposed to know my role as a black man and shut up. All the black dudes in the room started looking at the floor and all around, afraid to make eye contact.

I had just got hired and was being paid better than dudes who had been there forever but had just decided to take what's given. The black folks in the "big office" (city hall) had attitudes of not wanting to affiliate themselves with any black person that wasnt wearing a suit, less they be lumped in with the rest of the blacks by the whites.

I had a map layout of the city and you could see clearly how they would rig the counties would go to a huge neighborhood and block in two blocks to be considered outside of the district even tho they were around the corner from white folks in the district who's votes dictated what happened in that county.

And dude tryna blame a progressive movement for that loss..that's disgusting

My cuz works for a manufacturer that supplies important materials to the nuclear plant down there. He has a similar story. Basically, he went to work there and all the black dudes were timid as hell. He went in and did his job and did it better than any of the people there and it wasn't long before he was making more money than the people around him. It was all good when he was just outpacing the other black dudes. When he started outpacing the white people, some of those workers tried to get him fired. Life in the South is dirty in more ways than one.

Guess you missed the unreliable social media part of that. As much as people bash the media, I only trust reputable news outlets. I even trust the actual News side of Fox News to an extent. I just try to take the spin off of what they’re saying, same with CNN.

Then there are other sources, such as 538 politics, NPR news, etc. who I rely on as well.

But a random person with no credentials, and a blue check don’t count, I don’t trust as far as I could throw them.

All kinds of tweets get posted here, reliable and otherwise, I’m just saying this site is in no way exempt from the pitfalls of other social media

4 years ago today Obama and Trump meet for peaceful transfer of power
201110091908-05-obama-trump-2016-transition-file-super-tease.jpg

46c6aa95c3390fc4d10f05d28abf24e6

First Lady
30867481366_af162401aa_o1478819825.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back