Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
We coming off the Obama for 8 years, how is Kamala, Booker, Yang, and Castro making it on stage....progress? Note, they didn't even allow a few of them into a late debate, and then changed the rules for Bloomberg, and now changed them agian so Tulsi can't get on. How were Buttigieg or Knobhead better than the non-white candidates? Only difference was where the money was flowing. Obama changed the game by breaking ground on online donations, but remember.....some social media platforms banned political ads. That's by design. It leaves all ads to traditonal media which is controlled by the powers that be (white/jewish money).

And stop with the "we need to learn" shit. We know better than anyone how the game is played. You still haven't given any real reason to vote FOR Joe Biden. You're talking about "paths" and how we need to "learn how to win like white people", and on and on. But haven't answered what voting for Biden this fall without specific promises really bring us?

We should be voting for Joe Biden because he can win. Again you're spending too much time on the why. Win first nigga. You're allowing yourself to have doubts about winning. Stop looking for perfection. No candidate is going to deliver on everything they promise you. That's fucking unrealistic.

Here's what we know. Our current President is a white supremacist and the biggest Presidential threat to black people in modern history. Before you start asking questions about shit that's going to be happening down to line focus on what's in front of you. This is what I mean when I say niggas don't know how to win. You're so worried about being knocked off your feet and catered to by a candidate that you're going to allow even worse shit to happen. All because some white man didn't say some things to make you feel good enough as a black person? There's nothing and I mean absolutely nothing Joe Biden can fucking say that should make you snap to judgement and vote for him. What matters first and foremost is getting Trump out of the fucking White House.

You're asking questions about shit that more that likely won't even fucking matter if Trump wins. So first things first nigga. Do not let Trump win. To do that we have to vote for the candidate who can beat him. Right now that's Joe Biden. You don't have to fucking feel good about that so stop trying to find some bright side. Sometimes things are really as simple as just doing it. You're not gonna get the answers to your questions unless Trump is out of that White House my nigga. Please trust and believe that I hear you and I understand everything you're saying and where you coming from but you have got to focus on the task at hand. As a community for once we need to stop allowing ourselves to be pulled in multiple directions.

Stop looking for some validation from Joe Biden. Just beat Trump because none of that validation means shit if Trump wins. None of it. It's March. The election is in November. We can spend all day talking about black agendas and preferred candidates but the bottom line is we both now none of that shit is changing between now and November. It's our call t action to make this change for us in the future. This change that all of us in here want. That change is not gonna happen at this stage in the race. It's not. We can make it happen going forward but right ow we have 8 months until the election. We need to vote for Joe Biden so we can preserve a path for us to make the change that we want. That path does not exist through Trump. It does not.

We should be voting for Joe Biden because he can win. Again you're spending too much time on the why.
The why is the only part of this that matters.

Win first nigga. You're allowing yourself to have doubts about winning. Stop looking for perfection. No candidate is going to deliver on everything they promise you. That's fucking unrealistic.

Here's what we know. Our current President is a white supremacist and the biggest Presidential threat to black people in modern history. Before you start asking questions about shit that's going to be happening down to line focus on what's in front of you. This is what I mean when I say niggas don't know how to win. You're so worried about being knocked off your feet and catered to by a candidate that you're going to allow even worse shit to happen. All because some white man didn't say some things to make you feel good enough as a black person? There's nothing and I mean absolutely nothing Joe Biden can fucking say that should make you snap to judgement and vote for him. What matters first and foremost is getting Trump out of the fucking White House.

You're asking questions about shit that more that likely won't even fucking matter if Trump wins. So first things first nigga. Do not let Trump win. To do that we have to vote for the candidate who can beat him. Right now that's Joe Biden. You don't have to fucking feel good about that so stop trying to find some bright side. Sometimes things are really as simple as just doing it. You're not gonna get the answers to your questions unless Trump is out of that White House my nigga. Please trust and believe that I hear you and I understand everything you're saying and where you coming from but you have got to focus on the task at hand. As a community for once we need to stop allowing ourselves to be pulled in multiple directions.

Stop looking for some validation from Joe Biden. Just beat Trump because none of that validation means shit if Trump wins. None of it. It's March. The election is in November. We can spend all day talking about black agendas and preferred candidates but the bottom line is we both now none of that shit is changing between now and November. It's our call t action to make this change for us in the future. This change that all of us in here want. That change is not gonna happen at this stage in the race. It's not. We can make it happen going forward but right ow we have 8 months until the election. We need to vote for Joe Biden so we can preserve a path for us to make the change that we want. That path does not exist through Trump. It does not.
You seem to hate people asking questions, like we should just shut up and go along with what white people want us to do. Fuck Trump but I'm laughing at you side-stepping the "biggest threat to black people in modern history". Pretty sure the mass incarciration of our people through drug laws aimed at us, to appease white people in suburbs, is by far the biggest modern threat we've faced. How many lives ruined, changed? How many families broken up? How many fathers taken away from their kids? That's your boy Joe Biden leading us down a "path". That's his legacy. I got fam directly impacted by this, so I'm never gonna just forgive & forget. Hell, we helped elect Bill Clinton in 92, and he thanked us by passing the crime bill. Simply checking a box doesn't do shit. Both parties are garbage, and right now its Republican vs Republican. Only time we had any progress was with Obama, and he barely got support from his own party on issues involving us.

And even with all this, I'm still going Biden over Trump, but you can't simply act like we should just co-sign anyone thrown up their by Democrats. There is no "win" in that, not for us anyway. For white people, sure.

niggas think because a dem is in office everything will be easy breezy, lets not forget obama signed off on the “Blue alert” law that protected cops when Black folks were dying left and right by them.

lol I don't think anyone in here said that or that folks in here are naive enough to think if a dem gets elected president all of our problems go away instantaneously. Unless I missed a post or two. There's still plenty more work to be done and wrongs that need to be set right.

But there is a drastic difference in policies that republicans want to enact and what the dems want to enact.

It just sucks that Biden seems to lean more towards the conservative side unfortunately.. which is why he was never my top pick for the nominee(amongst other things)

lol I don't think anyone in here said that or that folks in here are naive enough to think if a dem gets elected president all of our problems go away instantaneously. Unless I missed a post or two. There's still plenty more work to be done and rights to be wronged.

But there is a drastic difference in policies that republicans want to enact and what the dems want to enact.

It just sucks that Biden seems to lean more towards the conservative side unfortunately.. which is why he was never my top pick for the nominee(amongst other things)

they all enact the same shit. obamas immigration policy was worse than trumps. he has bombed/destroyed countless Black and brown countries and was disgustingly patronizing towards Black Americans, that asked for more things to be done on the national level.

ill just continue to focus on social movements because hell no.

crazy thing is I don’t think we have heard a policy position from Crazy Joe yet

Expanding obamacare with a public option which is probably the best healthcare plan at this point

Various cost saving health care measures

Increased minimum wage

More federal money to underfunded schools

Decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level

Capping carbon emissions and investment in clean energy

120 billion dollar plan to combat opiod addiction (though focus needs to be on prevention)

Federal funds for reduction in college tuition

Restoring federal oversight on local police departments

Diverse federal court nominations (arguably most important)

Raising capital gains and investment taxes

Middle class tax cut

Thats just off the top of my head. Not as progressive as i would like (would like to see auto enrollment in medicare, equality of care, weapons spending reduction, partial elimination of student debt, a once every 5 year wealth tax on the mega wealthy, a progressive simplified tax code that ends loopholes, enforcement of online privacy laws, federal renters protection and housing costs sharing) but its ok. MUCH better than trump and has a much higher chance of actually getting done than whats bernies proposing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back