Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleak outlook here. If all my choices are the lesser evils then wtf is the point
I call it realistic and pragmatic. No one person or system is perfect for an individual so everybody is always choosing the lesser of two evils for them personally. I’m just willing to accept that reality more than some others, which causes me to have an optimistic outlook on things.

Got this from the coli

This is the shit we are talking about

This white woman told a black woman that she doesnt have the standing in America to use MLKs words to speak on how she feels about a white man.

But like the sista was explaining, and all you I just want a Democrat brothas in here. Once they use you, they want u to sit your happy ass down somewhere and be quiet.

Whte people think they know the trials of racism better than we do. Been that way since forever. The Drug war, crime bill, stop & frisk, none of that means a damn thing to her, she only cares about our votes. period.

Here's the quote. Crazy how that white talking head tried to spin it.
QAFgXPK9WezUlfTwxwQ7auTRjiD5s8irv6g7R-j9nsU.jpg

We can keep pretending that the “Establishment” doesn’t exist and this is all about one white dude being too grumpy.

Let me know when y’all are ready to face reality.

Gotta say im not too impressed with Bidens stance on climate change... been that way since he essentially shrugged it off in one of them earlier debates. Here's hoping that stance changes as he consolidates support going forward

If it didn't make a difference they wouldn't make it so hard for people that look like us to actually get out and vote(voter suppression, closing polling stations in black communities, Election Day not being a national holiday etc. )

exactly. this is pure corruption. so there really is no point in punching down at non voters or 3rd party voters when the sys is inherently violent. its best to organize and tackle these issues. voting wont stop it because it says you agree with how things are essentially. imagine if more ppl said “hey im not voting until this and this is taken care of” or until we have a system that is more humane or presidents that actually give a damn

if we look at history, we know that divesting from a system, refusing to participate, brought about great change.

ppl dont show up to the polls and the whole shit will go haywire.

nothing changes if nothing changes

I'm just not with the blanket statement that VOTING overall is pointless.

I could see how someone can make an argument about the president.. I may not agree 100%... but I could see how someone could have that stance.

But local elections are vastly more important and affect people more directly than presidential elections. To shit on that, I think is doing yourself a disservice imo

local elections hold weight.

but niggas still dont demand enough nor hold the ppl in office accountable.

they vote in terrible politicians just because theyre democratic

reality is, your only civic duty cant be voting.

social movements and organizing with community leaders is our best bet

exactly. this is pure corruption. so there really is no point in punching down at non voters or 3rd party voters when the sys is inherently violent. its best to organize and tackle these issues. voting wont stop it because it says you agree with how things are essentially. imagine if more ppl said “hey im not voting until this and this is taken care of” or until we have a system that is more humane or presidents that actually give a damn

if we look at history, we know that divesting from a system, refusing to participate, brought about great change.

ppl dont show up to the polls and the whole shit will go haywire.

nothing changes if nothing changes

If black folks divest and don't show up to the polls... these politicians will just find someone else to pander to that will actually help get them elected and say "fuck yall black folks.. yall don't vote anyway so why bother reaching out to see what you want/need"

Sure the system is inherently violent... so is the world... so is life... lol don't mean we just divest from the shit.. nah... we fight like hell to make it better.

Let me be clear I don't think strictly voting is the end-all/be-all... like you've mentioned there's more work that needs to be done outside of voting to affect change. We can do BOTH.. if the voting shit doesn't necessarily work in this cycle... well that sucks but that doesn't take away from the other work being done. Why not try to tackle the issues from mutiple angles.... even if one, in your opinion may be less effective than the other?

lol I saw this response as I was typing

local elections hold weight.
but niggas still dont demand enough nor hold the ppl in office accountable.
they vote in terrible politicians just because theyre democratic
reality is, your only civic duty cant be voting.
social movements and organizing with community leaders is our best bet

Ok so we're not THAT far off in our thinking on how to address issues then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back