Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure if ppl actually divested from this sys it would change

seeing as though its corrupted thru and thru (ie:
voter suppression) and the fact elections are being purchased by corporations.
obama is trash
romney is trash
trump is trash
bernie’ interest are the same as the ruling class imo in many instances, especially his foreign policy

although, ill admit no other candidate has a better position than his, after reading about the green new deal hes pushing, im not sold nor thrilled with him fully. it appears bernie is only reducing harm for americans by simply exporting to people that americans don't care about.

i want no parts

Outstanding posts!!
it-is-no-measure-of-health-to-be-well-adjusted-14204809.png

i know the saying is so cliche but honestly if voting made a difference, it would be illegal.

the only difference it makes is the changing of whose turn it is to bomb a particular country.

we are in the imperialist core ladies and gents and their are 0 heroes within the american project. just casualties

If it didn't make a difference they wouldn't make it so hard for people that look like us to actually get out and vote(voter suppression, closing polling stations in black communities, Election Day not being a national holiday etc. )

You have more impact in local elections

need to move to a swing state where the difference between votes is a few thousand if not hundreds

it's a waste in a state like TN where trump will win hands down

cosign

If it didn't make a difference they wouldn't make it so hard for people that look like us to actually get out and vote(voter suppression, closing polling stations in black communities, Election Day not being a national holiday etc. )

I don't 100% agree with that. If they took money out of politics I would agree. With people, super pacs and corporations still able to buy politicians, individuals voting really doesn't mean shit since politicians always side with who gave them the money.

IMO they do that shit more just to fuck with and continue to be racist to black people. It's more of a show of power from white people than anything else IMO.

bernie’ interest are the same as the ruling class imo in many instances, especially his foreign policy

although, ill admit no other candidate has a better position than his, after reading about the green new deal hes pushing, im not sold nor thrilled with him fully. it appears bernie is only reducing harm for americans by simply exporting to people that americans don't care about.

i want no parts

Interesting. How do your read the Green New Deal as “exporting harm to people”.

Lol I’m get flack for seeing races point I know. But there has not been one candidate to ever say we gonna stop waging war and having bases in like 200 countries. Niggas been in the Middle East some 50 years. They ain’t ended Arabs enslaving black and treating women badly. To America war is a past time that we act like we can’t live without. My area would be trash without Navy base and Shipyard. Military industrial complex is real. Shipyard ain’t building passenger boats to help refugees.

And when you realize how fucked up these wars are and no president has ever stopped one you start to realize we are the bad guys. Everything that’s normal we took a resource from somebody

I'm just not with the blanket statement that VOTING overall is pointless.

I could see how someone can make an argument about the president.. I may not agree 100%... but I could see how someone could have that stance.

But local elections are vastly more important and affect people more directly than presidential elections. To shit on that, I think is doing yourself a disservice imo

All of those idealistic dreams are cool and all, but that’s not the way the world works. It’s predator and prey. If you not hunting, you’re the hunted.

It’s fucked up for sure, and I don’t like it one bit, but that’s the reality of the world we live in. If it’s not America, it’d be Russia, if not Russia, then China, if not China, then the EU, if not the EU, then Saudi Arabia, if not Saudi Arabia, then Venezuela, and the list goes on and on.

People as a species are just fucked up and somebody is going to use power to get what they want. At least we can try to put people that are the least fucked up in office since we’re the world’s superpower.

Lol I’m get flack for seeing races point I know. But there has not been one candidate to ever say we gonna stop waging war and having bases in like 200 countries. Niggas been in the Middle East some 50 years. They ain’t ended Arabs enslaving black and treating women badly. To America war is a past time that we act like we can’t live without. My area would be trash without Navy base and Shipyard. Military industrial complex is real. Shipyard ain’t building passenger boats to help refugees.

And when you realize how fucked up these wars are and no president has ever stopped one you start to realize we are the bad guys. Everything that’s normal we took a resource from somebody

What you are advocating for is literally Bernie Sanders’ Foreign Policy. Read up on his platform. He is COMPLETEY against militarism. He wants to massively cut the military budget to fight climate change.

Real talk tho. Even conceding the ways he is not perfect. It is hard to imagine a more progressive candidate running for President in the United States.

Everything you said about America is true. But what is your end game?

Local elections are critically important but you don’t think the federal government massively affects our day to day and our lives for generations???

Supreme Court Justices are literally legislating away our rights. Look at the carnage Trump is able to bring from the White House.

Now flip it. How much change could a progressive President bring?

They elected FDR to three terms. Once people get a hold of this shit, people won’t let it go.

I get it, he’s not perfect. But Goddamn, we can’t complain about nothing getting done when you got a dude getting crucified for standing up for the very things you are complaining about.

Let’s support the mother fucker who will get us closer to our goals and then nitpick later.

Otherwise you might as well move to another country; because it won’t change by itself.

Glad to see this. I hope it’s true.

Proof they're full of shit. They did illegal shit, but they're cool with it and will let it slide unless they keep going after one of their own. smh

No one asked for these docs cuz its a non-issue. They're trying to paint him as a Russian spy but at the same time it says Russia tried to take advantage of his good will. But people dont read articles these days so they'll run with "Bernie is working for Russia".

What you are advocating for is literally Bernie Sanders’ Foreign Policy. Read up on his platform. He is COMPLETEY against militarism. He wants to massively cut the military budget to fight climate change.

Real talk tho. Even conceding the ways he is not perfect. It is hard to imagine a more progressive candidate running for President in the United States.

Everything you said about America is true. But what is your end game?

Local elections are critically important but you don’t think the federal government massively affects our day to day and our lives for generations???

Supreme Court Justices are literally legislating away our rights. Look at the carnage Trump is able to bring from the White House.

Now flip it. How much change could a progressive President bring?

They elected FDR to three terms. Once people get a hold of this shit, people won’t let it go.

I get it, he’s not perfect. But Goddamn, we can’t complain about nothing getting done when you got a dude getting crucified for standing up for the very thighs you are complaining about.

Let’s support the mother fucker who will get us closer to our goals and then nitpick later.

Otherwise you might as well move to another country; because it won’t change by itself.

Bruh I voted. Save that for race

All of those idealistic dreams are cool and all, but that’s not the way the world works. It’s predator and prey. If you not hunting, you’re the hunted.

It’s fucked up for sure, and I don’t like it one bit, but that’s the reality of the world we live in. If it’s not America, it’d be Russia, if not Russia, then China, if not China, then the EU, if not the EU, then Saudi Arabia, if not Saudi Arabia, then Venezuela, and the list goes on and on.

People as a species are just fucked up and somebody is going to use power to get what they want. At least we can try to put people that are the least fucked up in office since we’re the world’s superpower.

bleak outlook here. If all my choices are the lesser evils then wtf is the point

Got this from the coli

This is the shit we are talking about

This white woman told a black woman that she doesnt have the standing in America to use MLKs words to speak on how she feels about a white man.

But like the sista was explaining, and all you I just want a Democrat brothas in here. Once they use you, they want u to sit your happy ass down somewhere and be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back