Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
As your big bro

you didnt know who you were talking to for starters

she wasnt disrespectful to you. Her responses have been on topic and very articulate.

even if it was a dude, what did they do to warrant "shut up" from you as an opening to your response?

Why does it matter if its really a female anyway? at this point, if its a dude pretending to be a female, then they have more issues to be concerned about than a damn election.

its about respect. She has shown it to you, and you jumped off the top rope.

If it was Beta or somebody, then no one bats an eye, and the fact that you are attempting to double down on it really is surprising considering your PBW stance on the board over the past few weeks

it costs you nothing to apologize b. Plain and simple.

What if she was interested in bringing a couple of her female friends to the site based on her interactions so far? This how you welcome her to the site? c'mon b

Jumped off the top rope?

You’re going to far now.

I came off wrong but didn’t do what you’re stating.

I'm sorry for coming off slow, but I really am lost. I don't understand the logic that is leading to the criticism.

Yang is being asked where he thinks the Dem party went wrong. He answered by saying that when he talked to people, particularly in the midwest, their perception of the Dem party is that is all about the coastal elites and that they aren't interested in the working class. That's not something Yang just made up. People have been saying that since Hillary Clinton lost. He then argues that Dems are to have any chance of getting stronger, they need to appeal to the working class.

Now I grant you that he's probably talking more about white middle class people, he's not explicitly excluding black people from his comments. Explain to me how his comments are wrong or why we should be offended by them? If black working class people still vote strongly for Dems, then they aren't the problem and it would make perfect sense that his answer addressing the problem isn't directed at black people. On top of that, if the Dems adopted friendlier policies towards the working class, how would that be a bad thing for black working class people?

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative here. I really don't see the criticism. It seems like ya'll are taking some liberties with what is being said.

I'm not offended but I can see how others could take offense. It's all in how he worded it. I'm sure what he meant was more nuanced but the way he worded it came off bad.

He should have been more specific when referring to these rural working class white people that dems have trouble connecting with. Instead he just said "Working Class Americans"... like working class black people all over the country didnt just save their asses

Jumped off the top rope?

You’re going to far now.

I came off wrong but didn’t do what you’re stating.

as long as you admit you were out of pocket, then we're good

I'm not offended but I can see how others could take offense. It's all in how he worded it. I'm sure what he meant was more nuanced but the way he worded it came off bad.

He should have been more specific when referring to these rural working class white people that dems have trouble connecting with. Instead he just said "Working Class Americans"... like working class black people all over the country didnt just save their asses

His overall point was that the Dems haven't done a good job of appealing to working class voters. Yes, the working black class saved the country pretty close to literally, but wouldn't you say that what he said still applies to black working class people. Isn't it true that the Dems have still done a poor job of appealing to us?

Nothing yang said was wrong or out of bounds.

The democrats are abandoning the working class in favor of the managerial class which will back fire in the end because they will eventually shift back to republicans.

MSNBC pundits are fucking millionaires who work for billionaires and regularly turn their nose up at normal people. Another reason they hate Bernie.

working class is anyone under 200k yearly

His overall point was that the Dems haven't done a good job of appealing to working class voters. Yes, the working black class saved the country pretty close to literally, but wouldn't you say that what he said still applies to black working class people. Isn't it true that the Dems have still done a poor job of appealing to us?

Agreed. But that's not who Yang was talking about which is probably what people are taking offense to

Agreed. But that's not who Yang was talking about which is probably what people are taking offense to

No he wasn't, but he was specifically asked about the problem. Black people aren't the problem, so of course he wasn't talking about us.

If anything, this should open eyes. That's exactly why people are saying blacks need to stop being so committed to the Dem party. When the Dems have to reflect and figure out why things are going bad for them, they never have to consider blacks because blacks always show up for them.

As your big bro

you didnt know who you were talking to for starters

she wasnt disrespectful to you. Her responses have been on topic and very articulate.

even if it was a dude, what did they do to warrant "shut up" from you as an opening to your response?

Why does it matter if its really a female anyway? at this point, if its a dude pretending to be a female, then they have more issues to be concerned about than a damn election.

its about respect. She has shown it to you, and you jumped off the top rope.

If it was Beta or somebody, then no one bats an eye, and the fact that you are attempting to double down on it really is surprising considering your PBW stance on the board over the past few weeks

it costs you nothing to apologize b. Plain and simple.

What if she was interested in bringing a couple of her female friends to the site based on her interactions so far? This how you welcome her to the site? c'mon b
AP, I appreciate you for this.

I don't want an apology, tho....just peace.

Me and Dwayne can coexist in the same space and possibly interact elsewhere on less "charged" topics. If we can't, it won't be because of me.

And FTR, I am ALL woman...and a lady to boot.

But don't get it twisted..."I ain't no killer, but don't push me."

AP, I appreciate you for this.

I don't want an apology, tho....just peace.

Me and Dwayne can coexist in the same space and possibly interact elsewhere on less "charged" topics. If we can't, it won't be because of me.

And FTR, I am ALL woman...and a lady to boot.

But don't get it twisted..."I ain't no killer, but don't push me."
U a female? What’s ur original s/n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back