Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
The party is banking on most progressives voting for whoever wins the nomination, on the idea that most people want to hear Trump.

If Bernie truly has a grassroots behind him, they didn’t show up on Tuesday.
Those people DID show up in 2018, that's how the House flipped. They didn't show up in 2016, that's how Trump won.

Young voters don't show up for primaries as much as they would for a general. I just don't get why people are throwing salt into the wounds of Bernie supporters right now. All that does is demoralize them more, and makes sure they sit out things in the fall. Just look at all these tweets on the last couple pages. Biden needs 90% of Dems to show up...not 60%.

Those people DID show up in 2018, that's how the House flipped. They didn't show up in 2016, that's how Trump won.

Young voters don't show up for primaries as much as they would for a general. I just don't get why people are throwing salt into the wounds of Bernie supporters right now. All that does is demoralize them more, and makes sure they sit out things in the fall. Just look at all these tweets on the last couple pages. Biden needs 90% of Dems to show up...not 60%.

That's exactly what they want. Big money democrats, republicans, independents, etc don't want the status quo fucked with at all unless it is them doing something to help themselves even more. If Bernie was to win and actually do some of the shit he says that would fuck with the status quo.

All those who want to maintain the status quo out here like
tumblr_migfzkgnWu1qbgksco4_250.gif

I will completely agree with this. We need all Democrats to vote this November and Biden and his team need to be culling support from Bernie’s side now, not when he secures the nomination. Start to adopt some of Bernie’s more progressive policies, agree with Bernie more now than later, etc. Show his people that even though Bernie isn’t in the race, some of his ideals are. He needs to have Bernie barnstorming for him in the lead up to the election, but it has to be genuine. Can’t be like it was with Hillary where you knew he was only doing it to beat Trump, not because he wanted Hillary to win.

Are we only allowed to talk about Bernie Sanders being too grumpy?

Or do the issues and policy still matter?

Greenpeace Gives Joe Biden a D- on Climate Change Report Card

“As Biden vows to "do everything in my power" to defend system based on for-profit insurance industry, People's Policy Project shows death toll would be 125,000 over 10 years.”

Last edited:
IMO it seems like they planed this out to make sure who they picked won and not Sanders Had all those candidates that had no shot that stayed int he race mad long, all of a sudden drop out and all support their establishment candidate, Biden. Some of those tweets are clearly trying to put a spin on things. If you been working at a job for years and you trying to get voted in charge of something, you fucking know who your friends, enemies & independents are to ask for a vote. So dont come with that "oh he never asked me, so I voted for the other guys cuz he asked" nonsense.

But yea, the Dems havent learned anything from the last election. They're still going to come with that "you have to vote for us or you'll get that other guy" tactic to try and scare people into voting who they hand picked. They're gunna look even more stupid think time since the guy they're pulling this on is already fucking president. Young people are going to not come out to vote because they feel even more disenfranchised.

Biden is going get on stage talking old man nonsense & Trump is going to easily kill him verbally. He brings nothing to the table. People are fucked up out here and all he gunna talk about is hes friends with Obama and Trump is crazy.

At this point, the Democratic party is just Republican lite. They're cool with our healthcare system, student debt & a ton of people not being able to make a living wage.

A lot of niggas in here sound like CTG in the interview with Angela Rye. Y'all get so caught up in whining and complaining about what you want your candidates to have that you have no idea how to move forward. That's the problem with Bernie and his whole agenda. he has no viable plan on how to actually move forward.

But niggas will act just like CTG did and be so ignorant that they can't see pass their own mental roadblocks. Niggas act like every black issue can just be swept away by the stroke of a pen by a President. Centuries of struggle and niggas have unreasonable expectations that an individual can just undo centuries of unjust treatment.

Another thing that a lot of y'all who love to get on here and complain about how imperfect voting is for black people keep forgetting is we've only been doing this shit for 55 years. That's right. 55 YEARS!!!!

Niggas are complaining about black voting trends and how black people decide who to vote for and what we base it on. We're new as fuck to this whole process. 55 years is not a long fucking time. So the next time you want to question why some of the elders in our community vote a certain way you need to remember that a lot of them were born before they even had the right to vote. Niggas wondering why black people vote a certain way when we only have 55 years of evidence in a country that started 243 years ago. You mad that black people don't vote a certain why and questioning why we do when we don't even have a long enough history to create a damn voting trend.

IMO it seems like they planed this out to make sure who they picked won and not Sanders Had all those candidates that had no shot that stayed int he race mad long, all of a sudden drop out and all support their establishment candidate, Biden. Some of those tweets are clearly trying to put a spin on things. If you been working at a job for years and you trying to get voted in charge of something, you fucking know who your friends, enemies & independents are to ask for a vote. So dont come with that "oh he never asked me, so I voted for the other guys cuz he asked" nonsense.

But yea, the Dems havent learned anything from the last election. They're still going to come with that "you have to vote for us or you'll get that other guy" tactic to try and scare people into voting who they hand picked. They're gunna look even more stupid think time since the guy they're pulling this on is already fucking president. Young people are going to not come out to vote because they feel even more disenfranchised.

Biden is going get on stage talking old man nonsense & Trump is going to easily kill him verbally. He brings nothing to the table. People are fucked up out here and all he gunna talk about is hes friends with Obama and Trump is crazy.

At this point, the Democratic party is just Republican lite. They're cool with our healthcare system, student debt & a ton of people not being able to make a living wage.

So who is a part of the establishment? How can black people be apart of the establishment and at the same time candidates who do horrible with black voters like Mayor Pete, Klobachur, and Warren also be in the establishment? It can't be both. One of those can't be there. Is it the black voter base or the candidates? One gotta go fam.

I think you’re underestimating the hate young people have for Trump. They’re coming out regardless of the candidate.

The only people that feel disenfranchised are Bernie supporters, and they’re not as populous as they once were.

I think you’re underestimating the hate young people have for Trump. They’re coming out regardless of the candidate.

The only people that feel disenfranchised are Bernie supporters, and they’re not as populous as they once were.

Bernie supporters are a minority portion as is. That number is even smaller when you scale it to the General Election. They're loud as fuck though. A lot of talk but a lot of bitchassness too.

BIG FACTS

Bloomberg is going to be a huge asset for Biden. He's gonna be a very rich and resourceful attack dog for Biden. He will keep Trump's attention the entire election cycle. Bloomberg is also a very smart person. He knows exactly how to get Trump in his feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back