Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
these muthafuckas make/raise obscene amounts of money... smh

Somebody need to pull some shit like they did in that Steve Carell movie Irresistible

Last edited:
Yo why TF do these campaigns need so much money?

And what happens to the funds that go unused??

I remember in school when city mayor campaigning was happening teacher was stressing the guy who raises more money will win, not the guy with the better message. It ended up happening n made me look at shit different ever since.

I remember in school when city mayor campaigning was happening teacher was stressing the guy who raises more money will win, not the guy with the better message. It ended up happening n made me look at shit different ever since.

Picture a campaign ad from Biden or Trump like a Super Bowl commercial. The price to reserve a 30 second Super Bowl commercial starts at $1M and it goes up depending on what viewing block of the game. That commercial airs. Before halftime, after halftime, after a timeout, etc.

Now think about sitting at home ad watching TV. If you’re watching football on Sunday at 1PM or 4Pm on Fox and CBS there is a game on. Depending on where you live the game you see will be regional. Everybody isn’t watching the same game in every state. Just like every channel isn’t airing the same show at the same time. Depends on your time zone.

So during a 1PM football game on CBS you might see 10 Biden commercials in those 3 hours. If each commercial cost !M to air that’s $10M and that’s only $10M for one region. So $10M for the people watching a game in New York or east coast. $10M for people watching in the south. $10M for people watching on the west. Then you have small pockets of markets like in middle America. Each time that commercial airs it’s $1M. You can see how easy ou can top tens of millions of dollars on ads on a single day.

Then the campaigns spend money on events. Travel. Room and board. Merchandise. There’s a big ass billboard in Cleveland with a picture of Trump and next to him is the number of COVID deaths in each month this year. That billboard cost $14M dollars and it’s just a single billboard off the freeway. Just one.

They need a cap on campaign fundraising

Lolololololololol

There are rules in place for campaign financing. For example there’s a limit to how much money a candidate can accept from a single donor. Bill gates can’t just drop a billi in Biden’s bank account and tell him to splurge.

That’s why when they ask you to donate they accept pennies, $1, $3. Every dollar counts and it adds up.

Lolololololololol

There are rules in place for campaign financing. For example there’s a limit to how much money a candidate can accept from a single donor. Bill gates can’t just drop a billi in Biden’s bank account and tell him to splurge.

That’s why when they ask you to donate they accept pennies, $1, $3. Every dollar counts and it adds up.
I donate to a lot of political campaigns and endeavors I know all that...point is u should nt need a billion dollars to run a political campaign....
Most campaign end w leftovers money....

Picture a campaign ad from Biden or Trump like a Super Bowl commercial. The price to reserve a 30 second Super Bowl commercial starts at $1M and it goes up depending on what viewing block of the game. That commercial airs. Before halftime, after halftime, after a timeout, etc.

Now think about sitting at home ad watching TV. If you’re watching football on Sunday at 1PM or 4Pm on Fox and CBS there is a game on. Depending on where you live the game you see will be regional. Everybody isn’t watching the same game in every state. Just like every channel isn’t airing the same show at the same time. Depends on your time zone.

So during a 1PM football game on CBS you might see 10 Biden commercials in those 3 hours. If each commercial cost !M to air that’s $10M and that’s only $10M for one region. So $10M for the people watching a game in New York or east coast. $10M for people watching in the south. $10M for people watching on the west. Then you have small pockets of markets like in middle America. Each time that commercial airs it’s $1M. You can see how easy ou can top tens of millions of dollars on ads on a single day.

Then the campaigns spend money on events. Travel. Room and board. Merchandise. There’s a big ass billboard in Cleveland with a picture of Trump and next to him is the number of COVID deaths in each month this year. That billboard cost $14M dollars and it’s just a single billboard off the freeway. Just one.

I am not a financial expert, but according my calculations the sum of the cost is still light-years away of a half-billion dollars fund.

This is why i wanted Tom Steyer to challenge Diane Feinstein for her senate seat instead of running for President.

Campaigning in California alone is so expensive, the only way to do it as an outsider is to be a billionaire.

Obama is still a popular President and is the antithesis of Trump so it would be smart to run up the score with Turnout.

Popular or not I don't see the benefit because as I said earlier. Biden already has a high majority of the black vote sowed up. The white people who Obama is popular with was already voting for Biden.

So who is Obama really going to get to move the needle towards Biden who ain't already there?

IMO it ain't about to be swing white or black voters on the fence cause IMO neither of those crowds fuck with Obama. It would be up to Biden to get those people on his side himself.

That is just how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back