Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there gonna be another thread for the debates and other shit pertaining to the actual election? I come in here form time to time and get good info with whats going on.. Even the spamming of the tweets by stringer is somewhat informative lol.. But I dont understand why ppl that arent voting are in an election thread.. Some of the shit they are saying has some merit but its counterproductive in this thread.. Maybe making a "Why yall niggas shouldnt vote" thread would be better
Like I know Race really means what she is saying from reading her posts over months.. But Im starting to believe some of these other niggas are bots or something. Like whats the obsession with trying so hard to convince niggas not to vote.. On a Black website.. Its weird af

Like niggas were literal slaves back then and now niggas in 2020 like see I told y'all lololololololol

Yall two are lost as hell

You're making excuses for maintaining the status quo

My whole point was to point out that the only thing that really changed is what the two parties claim they represent while their policies clearly show ain't much changed.

Let's not forget a democrat authored the 94 crime bill (yall love to ignore this)
and another democrat signed an EO to the benefit of law enforcement while blacks were being gunned down in the streets by the same law enforcement

Now tell me again, how much has truly changed since those times if we're still being killed by police (inform yourself on the origin of law enforcement in this country) without consequence, and still finding black bodies hanging from trees?

Oh wait, back then it was put on display, now it's just ruled suicide

It's funny as hell that some of these vote or die ppl consistently show all they do is vote and nothing else.

Because they always asking everyone else what THEY'RE doing. Ol look at my sticker, I made change today ass niggas

Then have the nerve to suggest ppl who oppose the current system run for office when they wouldn't vote for them anyway because they are so beholden to the democratic party.

vote then go back to sleep for another 4 years, politically unaware and careless while activist do the work to help and empower those within the community.

wash. rinse.repeat

its been proven folks stop caring and become politically lazy after their party of choice is in office.

Yall two are lost as hell

You're making excuses for maintaining the status quo

My whole point was to point out that the only thing that really changed is what the two parties claim they represent while their policies clearly show ain't much changed.

Let's not forget a democrat authored the 94 crime bill (yall love to ignore this)
and another democrat signed an EO to the benefit of law enforcement while blacks were being gunned down in the streets by the same law enforcement

Now tell me again, how much has truly changed since those times if we're still being killed by police (inform yourself on the origin of law enforcement in this country) without consequence, and still finding black bodies hanging from trees?

Oh wait, back then it was put on display, now it's just ruled suicide

if you tell ppl their history began at slavery any and everything looks like progess

We not trying to run the world

just want a fair shake at the least and at the most have our issues, wants and needs top priority.

that prob will never happen in america...as this is and always will be a country that favors the caucasian male in all things

so we either participate in the political process in america fully and accept all that comes with that to gain as much ground and influence as we can

or

we attempt to start our own shit where everything favors us

obvioulsy this is over simplification because the process would be a lot more detailed and nuanced

Can have our fair shake unless we take over the folks that’s not giving us our fair shake.

America not gon let a mass exodus of folks leave and use America money to do so. They will just sabotage it.

Take over instead of leaving. That’s my take on America.

more black families more kids being made. This culture of wanting to just fuck everybody and not build nothing as a unit is destructive and one of the factors holding us back.

Look at the president. It’s really the only time when a lot of black folks are engaged in things that will have an Adverse effect on our communities.

I remember talking to exfriends regarding those cameras that catch folks speeding and shit.

they was like when this went away. So we went into conversations about the shit. I was like yall don’t remember the right but local folks to get them shit removed?

point was they didn’t even pay attention to shit they always complain about and when folks was fighting it in their own city from regular folks to local politicians.

I went off subject but damn. We gotta do more.

My nigga.......

Answer me this one question. How has anything that black people have that is substantial come to be? Did it just magically appear?

ol answer a question with a question ass nigga. Way to avoid what's been asked a hundred times in here.

What's your proof of all these wonderful things dems have done for us? Let's really think about this. I mean, outside of "we'll let the negroes vote and you can't legally enslave them anymore (unless you lock them up) have we gotten from them? Anything of substance we've done for ourselves.

the cognitive dissonance in here is also backed by classism. both biden and harris have a history of harming poor Black ppl.

you don't care because you won't have to deal with the consequences.

anywho. its hypocritical at best to bemoan about police repression/brutality and then back a cop that is as punitive and carceral as they come.

like i said, im not that pressed to save this country in the first place. the american project has been an epic failure since its inception and your lil votes aint gon change it.

there are 0 heros at the heart of empire.

burn it.
Unfortunately, this system has to crumble before a better one can take it's place. I'm not speaking as a soldier ready for war, because wars usually hurt most those that benefit from the outcome the least. I know the collapse of a system can lead to terrible times, but realized that for many the times have been terrible. Things will suck and times are going to be challenging, but if the future holds any hope for those that don't want to remain tools for the rich, we have to change something, because how we have been voting and giving up power to politicians has failed the entire world (except the politicians/celebrities getting rich).

@BDP™️

And fam. Just because you sign a deal with a nation don’t mean the people in that nation want that. And right now. A lot of Africans nations leadership needs to be kicked the fuck out.

They letting China take over right now even though the nation leadership signed those shitty deals

@The Mad Titan

I like the fact you hold your local leadership to the coals. You think those folks that share your interest is going to move to bigger positions?

Absolutely, because the people are sick of the same shit. I encourage everyone to reach out to their state reps, their city council people etc. They are supposed to be working for us.

I was so proud to see how many of us showed up demanding answers and accountability in the community forum a couple months ago. Just off of that alone, policing polices have been changed and there's a citizen oversight board in the works.

The system can change, IF we reject the status quo and force it to. We just have to do more than cast a ballot and hope and pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back