Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump wants to remove the payroll tax....the payroll tax pays into social security

Most of u non voting niggas don’t make enough and definitely not saving enough to be able to survive without working and without federal support 25-30 yrs from now

Lol let tweets and memes make decisions for y’all

Did he say this exactly that he wants to get rid of social security or keep it
He says he wants to remove the payroll tax..... when the reporter pushed back like fam how will SS be funded ; Trump goes we ll take the money from the general fund to shore up social security; reporter reminds him that the general budget is operating at a trillion plus deficit so how is that gonna work....Trump goes we ll get the money from other sources , economic surplus lmao

Fam these bitches see social security as a pool of money for them to play with

Trump wants to remove the payroll tax....the payroll tax pays into social security

Most of u non voting niggas don’t make enough and definitely not saving enough to be able to survive without working and without federal support 25-30 yrs from now

You making a lot of assumptions in this post. Both in that people are broke and depend on memes/tweets to make decisions. And also that the payroll tax would ever get cut.

I get you want to give people a reason to vote, but this ain't the way to do it. I do think the topic of how to shore up SS long-term needs to be a real issue though. No one's really talking about it sadly.

You making a lot of assumptions in this post. Both in that people are broke and depend on memes/tweets to make decisions. And also that the payroll tax would ever get cut.

I get you want to give people a reason to vote, but this ain't the way to do it. I do think the topic of how to shore up SS long-term needs to be a real issue though. No one's really talking about it sadly.
I’m not calling anybody broke ....I know how much it cost to live life in the US past age 65.....it’s fucking expensive .....

If one of the assholes running for president would have it social safety net would be done away with

there s many other examples of how impactful this election could be

You do know Joe Biden has been willing to negotiate with Republicans regarding cutting Social Security and Medicare in order to balance the budget, since he been in office, right?

https://theintercept.com/newsletter/?source=Article-In&referrer_post_id=285693
“When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well,” he told the Senate in 1995. “I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.” (A freeze would have reduced the amount that would be paid out, cutting the program’s benefit.)

As vice president, Biden was involved in multiple administration attempts to cut Social Security as part of a “grand bargain” with Republicans, all of them blocked by tea party Republicans, who couldn’t agree to any tax increases.
In 2014, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said at a conservative event that Biden had privately told him he was supporting of raising the retirement age and means-testing Social Security benefits. “I asked the vice president, don’t we have to raise the age? Wouldn’t means-testing and raising the age solve the problem?” Paul recounted, with Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee on stage, adding that Biden said, “Yes in private, but will not say it in public.” Paul hadn’t been paying close enough attention.

A few years later, at a Brookings Institution event in April 2018, Biden addressed Social Security again. “Paul Ryan was correct when he did the tax code. What’s the first thing he decided we had to go after? Social Security and Medicare. Now, we need to do something about Social Security and Medicare,” Biden said, then added in a whisper: “That’s the only way you can find room to pay for it.”

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back