Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because nigga,

The current democracy in these here United States is dependent on voting. It cannot be dismantled as currently constructed. The only way for people like us to effectively do something about it is to seize power of the voting process. The only way to do that is for us to put people favorable to us in power. The only way to do that is to vote.

Now please tell me a way around that? Tell me how we can dismantle our current democracy and create a more effective one for us without voting? I'm all ears.
I agree 100% on the bolded part. But where we part ways is on the "how" and "why". To me, I see nothing form Biden or Harris that will be favorable to us. Even when we essentially have all the energy this election cycle, the best we get is this ticket. It's not just about voting, but mostly "who" we're voting in.

I'll admit it's much harder for me because I'm old enough to remember Biden in his prime and all the shit he said/did. But even then I could support the ticket if they had balanced things out. But they went and chose Harris, who is known out here in CA as go along to get along. Simply not being Trump isn't enough for me. I need to see an actual plan that will help our communities.

Nigga this is your thread, you must've seen the post. I was deadass going to vote against trump over covid

So you were going to allow yourself to be a conditioned democratic bootlicker? This is the lie you're putting forth now? All the disrespectful names you've had for anyone choosing the lesser of two evils and now we are to believe that you, were at some point, actually going to vote for Biden?

Hilarious.

So you were going to allowed yourself to be a conditioned democratic bootloader? This is the lie you're putting forth now? All the disrespectful names you've had for anyone choosing the lesser of two evils and now we are to believe that you, were at some point, actually going to vote for Biden?

Hilarious.
Im human

My mind can change given new developments

Again, you should take issue with Biden for making a huge segment of your race feel this way

You are so twisted that you don't even see that you are making my point in why voting matters and people who pump their chest out about not voting are idiots.
I just gave u an article quote about why people sat out In Wisconsin, and why one guy voted for trump as a protest against Hillary.

Here comes the personal insults when y'all got nothin left.

Keep it coming fam

That's not the issue. People claim one side of their family when it's convenient. That's why I made the Zoe comparison.

She wasn't the first black senator. So her claim made sense. Now if she was both the first black and Indian senator and she chose to leave off black, then I could understand your problem.

As it is, it's like you're mad that she had the audacity to publicly claim being Indian.

I agree 100% on the bolded part. But where we part ways is on the "how" and "why". To me, I see nothing form Biden or Harris that will be favorable to us. Even when we essentially have all the energy this election cycle, the best we get is this ticket. It's not just about voting, but mostly "who" we're voting in.

I'll admit it's much harder for me because I'm old enough to remember Biden in his prime and all the shit he said/did. But even then I could support the ticket if they had balanced things out. But they went and chose Harris, who is known out here in CA as go along to get along. Simply not being Trump isn't enough for me. I need to see an actual plan that will help our communities.

I think what you need to do is to not be so simplistic. For example. How long have black people been fighting for the right to vote? Centuries probably right. Black people as a body have only been voting for 57 years!!!!

Are you aware that the people who started fighting for our right to vote never lived to see the day when they could actually vote themselves? Yes right? So then you should not look at this from the perspective that Joe Biden or Kamala Harris are going to solve or answer all of our questions and problems. What they can and will do however is move us forward and closer to getting that done. It doesn't matter if it's a fucking inch. Just know that Trump is going to continue to take us in the opposite direction. Realize that Joe Biden is not going to get us across the finish line. Joe Biden didn't start this race. It was started by our ancestors centuries ago. He is just another leg in the race but we need to keep moving forward.

Trump is taking and will continue to take us backwards. That is the painfully obvious truth. So just like how niggas love to tell you that Obama didn't do shit for black people I'm here to tell you that the goal of Obama was not to fix every black problem ever. People even love to point out that Obama did more for other people than specifically black people. Do people not see that Obama was also just a leg in the race? He wasn't supposed to take us over the finish line either.

So don't vote looking for somebody to run that anchor leg in the race. Understand that the race is not nearly over. Vote to keep us in the damn race. Vote for us to keep moving forward and yes, take every fucking inch and gain that they give you. WTF. Yes. Take that shit. Stop looking for somebody to take the baton and bring this bitch home. We gone be running this race for a while my nigga. Hell we been running for 400 years and we've only been voting for the last 57!!!!! We have a long way to go but we as a body really can't afford to take a step back no matter how minimal the gains to be made are.

Voting for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris is a fucking gain. Take it nigga. Or take a step back in a race we've been running for 400 years and for what? Trump? Nigga please.

Y'all can't be serious with this vote for the dems or stfu. Gtfoh. I'm black and I've been on the bottom even before I was born. So voting ain't gone change nothing for me until their is a candidate who fights for me. Somebody in this thread said something to the affect of we need is to seize power of the voting process. And the only way to do that is for us to put people favorable to us in power and to do that is to vote.

Nigga is you stupid or slow? How the fuck are blacks who make up only 13%Of the population going to do that? How sway?

And fuck kamala non foundational bee. She don't like your black ass but vote for that ticket because they'll be better master's to ya. Somebody on here said it best. The dems are like foxes and will be already eating on you before you know it. And the pubs are wolves. You know whay they're about and you can prepare accordingly. I swear I hate blacks more and more

Y'all can't be serious with this vote for the dems or stfu. Gtfoh. I'm black and I've been on the bottom even before I was born. So voting ain't gone change nothing for me until their is a candidate who fights for me. Somebody in this thread said something to the affect of we need is to seize power of the voting process. And the only way to do that is for us to put people favorable to us in power and to do that is to vote.

Nigga is you stupid or slow? How the fuck are blacks who make up only 13%Of the population going to do that? How sway?

And fuck kamala non foundational bee. She don't like your black ass but vote for that ticket because they'll be better master's to ya. Somebody on here said it best. The dems are like foxes and will be already eating on you before you know it. And the pubs are wolves. You know whay they're about and you can prepare accordingly. I swear I hate blacks more and more

How does not voting get you closer to your end goal?

I think what you need to do is to not be so simplistic. For example. How long have black people been fighting for the right to vote? Centuries probably right. Black people as a body have only been voting for 57 years!!!!

Are you aware that the people who started fighting for our right to vote never lived to see the day when they could actually vote themselves? Yes right? So then you should not look at this from the perspective that Joe Biden or Kamala Harris are going to solve or answer all of our questions and problems. What they can and will do however is move us forward and closer to getting that done. It doesn't matter if it's a fucking inch. Just know that Trump is going to continue to take us in the opposite direction. Realize that Joe Biden is not going to get us across the finish line. Joe Biden didn't start this race. It was started by our ancestors centuries ago. He is just another leg in the race but we need to keep moving forward.

Trump is taking and will continue to take us backwards. That is the painfully obvious truth. So just like how niggas love to tell you that Obama didn't do shit for black people I'm here to tell you that the goal of Obama was not to fix every black problem ever. People even love to point out that Obama did more for other people than specifically black people. Do people not see that Obama was also just a leg in the race? He wasn't supposed to take us over the finish line either.

So don't vote looking for somebody to run that anchor leg in the race. Understand that the race is not nearly over. Vote to keep us in the damn race. Vote for us to keep moving forward and yes, take every fucking inch and gain that they give you. WTF. Yes. Take that shit. Stop looking for somebody to take the baton and bring this bitch home. We gone be running this race for a while my nigga. Hell we been running for 400 years and we've only been voting for the last 57!!!!! We have a long way to go but we as a body really can't afford to take a step back no matter how minimal the gains to be made are.

Voting for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris is a fucking gain. Take it nigga. Or take a step back in a race we've been running for 400 years and for what? Trump? Nigga please.
You asked about the Crime bill and why people were upset about it earlier. I gave you the answer and also pointed you towards the 1986 crime bill that Biden also helped write. You skipped over that post. So don't say I'm being simplistic about this shit. I've given you clear points.

But to this post, yeh I'm aware people had to fight just to vote. What's your point? How can you say with a straight face that Biden will "move us forward and closer" to solving our questions and problems, when he's directly responsible for making the Drug War about OUR communities in 1986, and then turned cops into mini-armies in 94? You think the man who set the fire will put it out? Really? At least balance things out on the ticket, but they went and pick Harris.

That's the paradox here, I don't get why some keep sidestepping it. Fuck Trump and Fuck Biden. Biden's own VP pick called his ass out for being against desegregation, I haven't even talked about that, but my parents lived it. So when you ask if I'm aware, of course I am. You're in here yelling at p[eople for not voting for Racist #2 over Racist #1, like that's an actual choice. FOH

And this shit isn't a race, it's a scam. Every election cycle we're told to vote and shut up. The usual endorsements come, and we're supposed to nod and cheer no matter who's chosen for us. Again, not saying people shouldn't vote Biden/Harris, but at the same time you are giving people a reason to right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back