Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2018 GRAMMYs (Jan 28th)

I always thought the Grammys were about the art, not the popularity. 4:44, Damn, and Awaken, My Love were all so much more artistic than 24k Magic. Never heard Lorde's album so can't speak on it.

But out of the bunch he had the biggest song better record and arguably the better album

I understand song and record, but 4:44 and Damn were better than 24k Magic.. could’ve even seen Awaken My Love win it.

Basically anytime Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift or Adele and maybe Justin Timberlake drop an album it’s winning AOTY just off the name alone even if it’s not the best album.

Which is expected, but just thought this of all years had the best chance to be different.

I think y'all being a little disrespectful by touting DAMN and 4:44 up as real artistry but acting like Bruno just sampled a bunch of shit like Kanye. Bruno Mars is as legit as you can get with this music shit. 24k Magic and That's What I Like will be played for decades. That record will have staying power. 4:44 was a deep album for Jay-Z but we don't need to act like it was a groundbreaking or revolutionary Rap Album. It wasn't.

If J. Cole or Common would've made 4:44 people wouldn't have all these hot takes about how great it is. Once again people are judging other artist work on the standard of a single artist. 4:44 was different for Jay-Z and it was an emotional and different album for Jay-Z. But that's all it was. 24K Magic will be around for decades. That sound is timeless. 4:44 was not.

DAMN was a fantastic album by Kendrick. Im not taking anything away from him and if he would've won AOTY I wouldn't even be mad. Besides he pretty much swept the rap categories with DAMN so what does that tell you about 4:44?

I knew I’d come in here just to see a bunch of herbs talking about originality & lack there of while saying Gambino’s album should’ve been more deserving than Bruno’s.

Both excellent albums despite the inspired sounds (the irony of Hip Hop fans crying over inspired flavors) but Gambino’s album was a far bigger culprit of sound biting.

Bruno ran with a subgenre. Which isn’t even that big a deal because it only throws that material in the genre.

Gambino low key jacked the schtick of a specific artist.

So did Jay win anything? Judging from this thread I didn't see wins

Congrats to Mars for AOTY. Well deserved

I think y'all being a little disrespectful by touting DAMN and 4:44 up as real artistry but acting like Bruno just sampled a bunch of shit like Kanye. Bruno Mars is as legit as you can get with this music shit. 24k Magic and That's What I Like will be played for decades. That record will have staying power. 4:44 was a deep album for Jay-Z but we don't need to act like it was a groundbreaking or revolutionary Rap Album. It wasn't.

If J. Cole or Common would've made 4:44 people wouldn't have all these hot takes about how great it is. Once again people are judging other artist work on the standard of a single artist. 4:44 was different for Jay-Z and it was an emotional and different album for Jay-Z. But that's all it was. 24K Magic will be around for decades. That sound is timeless. 4:44 was not.

DAMN was a fantastic album by Kendrick. Im not taking anything away from him and if he would've won AOTY I wouldn't even be mad. Besides he pretty much swept the rap categories with DAMN so what does that tell you about 4:44?

Wait what? You're comparing what bruno mars does to what kanye does? Wtf is u smoking fam? Damn near every nigga over 40 thought that bruno mars shit was morris day, this nigga has been copying 80s and early 90s music to the T. Kanye samples, but his music doesn't sound like anybody's.

Kendrick's album was bigger and sold more. So from the artistry side and the sales side, DAMN should've won.

Gambino low key jacked the schtick of a specific artist.

Yall niggas buggin today lol

Bruno didn't only take morris day's sound, but his dance moves AND VIDEOS lmaooooooooo he took EVERYTHING lol Nah fam, i aint gonna let yall do this today.

Back