Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2018 GRAMMYs (Jan 28th)

So hes not black... So hes white... Ok

I said white/off-white a few times, i didn't think i had to do that every post, for my point to be understood lol

The fact still remains, NON-BLACKS, continue to be rewarded and propped up for doing black music, while the originators don't get shit. You're cape'n kinda hard for the other side, are u black fam? lol

what you mean not shit?

bruno got trinidad james his first and only grammy...

that's how i found out samples or used lyrics from anybody an artist borrows from, the originator gets a grammy and get paid for the work too...

so i mean, if you sample....them niggaz still get credit and get paid... so u can never say it's nuffin

I agree with Goldie on this one...this motherfucker Sam Smith been selling and winning Grammys making fucking Gospel music...had the nerves to have a black choir behind him.....

what you mean not shit?

bruno got trinidad james his first and only grammy...

that's how i found out samples or used lyrics from anybody an artist borrows from, the originator gets a grammy and get paid for the work too...

so i mean, if you sample....them niggaz still get credit and get paid... so u can never say it's nuffin

Bruh, u know that's not what im talkin about lol

Musicians are always influenced by others. U act like this is new.

U like the Gambino album... Was he drawing from influences? Obviously

Was Jay influenced in his career by Kane, Rakim, & Jaz?

Hasnt Kendrick said hes influenced by Pac & Jay?

Musicians are influencing eachother all the time.

But u mad Bruno was influenced by black music.... Its 2018 bruh. Black music has been pop music for decades. Fuck Bruno sposed to do? Only record Phillipino & Purto Rican music?

Let's really break it down too. They just announced hiphop is the number 1 genre of music in america, when we all know it's been the number 1 genre for atleast 20 years.

But these "non black" mfs been doing hiphop/rnb in "non black face" , so they put it under the genre of pop. So all those hiphop/rnb songs were getting credited as pop music. These mfs aint slick man.

Musicians are always influenced by others. U act like this is new.

Was Jay influenced in his career by Kane, Rakim, & Jaz?

Hasnt Kendrick said hes influenced by Pac & Jay?

Musicians are influencing eachother all the time.

But u mad Bruno was influenced by black music.... Its 2018 bruh. Black music has been pop music for decades. Fuck Bruno sposed to do? Only record Phillipino & Purto Rican music?

There's a big difference between influence and straight up biting. Jay ain't dressing like Big daddy kane, stealing his dance moves, 4:44 doesn't sound like any BDK album, you're reaching now fam. Just admit it lol

I agree with Goldie on this one...this motherfucker Sam Smith been selling and winning Grammys making fucking Gospel music...had the nerves to have a black choir behind him.....

I agree with the overall point but 1.) Let that white boy have had a white choir behind him 2.) That don't got shit to do with Bruno. Niggas was throwing they pinkys to the moon all year but now all of a sudden everyone wanna be woke for wokes sake

Can't win for losing with niggas lol

I agree with the overall point but 1.) Let that white boy have had a white choir behind him 2.) That don't got shit to do with Bruno. Niggas was throwing they pinkys to the moon all year but now all of a sudden everyone wanna be woke for wokes sake

Can't win for losing with niggas lol

I can't speak for every nigga, but I've been called the nigga out. While I do appreciate the fact that bruno does pay his respect to the niggas he's biting, but at the end of the day biting is biting.

Im reaching?

But u think everything is racial when they nominated 4 brown people outa 5 for the album of the year.

Im reaching?

But u think everything is racial when they nominated 4 brown people outa 5 for the album of the year.

Yes you're reaching lol and you had no rebuttal to my jay-z/bdk example

So you're saying race has never been a factor for the grammys? word?

Exactly, Gambino's biggest song was damn near Bootys Collins I Rather Be With You.

And this is the guy who help Gambino w/ the sound of that album.

composer-ludwig-goransson-and-director-ryan-coogler-attend-crafting-picture-id538142930

And it's not the black guy

Back