Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Texas Mall Shooting multiple fatalities

The gun culture and obsession with guns in this country is disgusting

You can't even have a conversation about gun control and reform without it going off the rails and people getting defensive almost immediately

People don't even want to try to do something different.....we can always go back to the shitty way things are now but people don't want want change

Fuck these guns and fuck this country, I plan on moving overseas in the next 2 years and being as far away from here as possible

I saw 20-year-old Allen resident Tony Johnson standing alone, staring at the memorial. He told me he had moved with his family to Allen from Washington state. “My parents chose Allen because they thought it was safe,” he said. Then he asked me: “Would you get a gun?”
He told me he was now thinking about getting one. He looked around the crowd. “Everyone here has guns.”

I was witnessing in real time the variety of social deaths that don’t get captured in victim counts or statistics. How do you capture the social death of someone who will be forever traumatized by seeing children bleed out on a sidewalk? How do you capture the social injury to a child who is now too afraid to go to a mall to hang out with her friends? Or, if the Allen outlets close for good, the loss of a place for families to spend time together?

And is it not a type of social death for a young man to now be so distrustful of Texans that he would contemplate buying a gun? And being trained to potentially kill? If this were another country — say, Nigeria — we would call this an example of youth radicalization. In Texas, we call it “freedom.”

I saw 20-year-old Allen resident Tony Johnson standing alone, staring at the memorial. He told me he had moved with his family to Allen from Washington state. “My parents chose Allen because they thought it was safe,” he said. Then he asked me: “Would you get a gun?”
He told me he was now thinking about getting one. He looked around the crowd. “Everyone here has guns.”

I was witnessing in real time the variety of social deaths that don’t get captured in victim counts or statistics. How do you capture the social death of someone who will be forever traumatized by seeing children bleed out on a sidewalk? How do you capture the social injury to a child who is now too afraid to go to a mall to hang out with her friends? Or, if the Allen outlets close for good, the loss of a place for families to spend time together?

And is it not a type of social death for a young man to now be so distrustful of Texans that he would contemplate buying a gun? And being trained to potentially kill? If this were another country — say, Nigeria — we would call this an example of youth radicalization. In Texas, we call it “freedom.”

Yeah, well... Do what white America had us do in the hood behind decades of gun violence...

Suck it up and keep it moving.

That's what we had to do, and it's what we're still doing. Overall homicides are down since the 80's and 90's, but we're still dealing with the shit disproportionately. Now these white folks are feeling our pain decades later and it was their own apathy towards us that ultimately leads us here.

That shit is pretty normal to me. Crazy that it's new to you.

Detroit cats on this board might remember when they first put in metal detectors at the AMC Americana movie theater around '86 or '87. Bunch of shootings happened in there and when AMC bought it that was one of the first things they did was install metal detectors.
Yeah, well... Do what white America had us do in the hood behind decades of gun violence...

That's what we had to do, and it's what we're still doing. Overall homicides are down since the 80's and 90's, but we're still dealing with the shit disproportionately. Now these white folks are feeling our pain decades later and it was their own apathy towards us that ultimately leads us here.
Here you go again saying it’s ok because other people have had to go through it, smh.

This would make sense if it was only white people who were getting killed in these mass shootings

Here you go again saying it’s ok because other people have had to go through it, smh.

I don't think you really get where I'm going with this. I'm not saying it's ok...

screen-shot-2021-12-29-at-11-03-48-am.png

Malcolm famously said this about JFK being assassinated: "Being an old farm boy myself, chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad, it made me glad."

Think about it... We're still living in a climate of hate towards Black Americans, that much hasn't changed since the days of Malcolm and Martin. And white America's indifference towards our pain dealing with the random murder of our children and others for all these years has brought them here. Their apathy begets their own suffering at their own hands. No different than their attitudes towards us when crack ravaged our communities for all those years and then one day opioid painkillers and heroin began to rear it's ugly head in theirs after so many years of mocking and looking down at us. Suddenly their wives, mothers, and daughters became the #1 victims and NOW it's a "crisis".

So yes... To white America I say "suck it up", just like we had to. This type of senseless violence will continue to happen until their attitudes change towards us.

I don't think you really get where I'm going with this. I'm not saying it's ok...

screen-shot-2021-12-29-at-11-03-48-am.png

Malcolm famously said this about JFK being assassinated: "Being an old farm boy myself, chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad, it made me glad."

Think about it... We're still living in a climate of hate towards Black Americans, that much hasn't changed since the days of Malcolm and Martin. And white America's indifference towards our pain dealing with the random murder of our children and others for all these years has brought them here. Their apathy begets their own suffering at their own hands. No different that their attitudes towards us when crack ravaged our communities for all those years and then one day opioid painkillers and heroin began to rear it's ugly head in theirs after so many years of mocking and looking down at us. Suddenly their wives, mothers, and daughters became the #1 victims and NOW it's a "crisis".

So yes... To white America I say "suck it up", just like we had to. This type of senseless violence will continue to happen until their attitudes change towards us.

I got exactly what you were saying

Not really. Spanish is a white European language. Mexico has its own problems with a white supremacist caste system. Shout out to Tenoch Huerta who been trying to bring that to light for a while now.

And just look up what Argentina did regarding its non white population.

Most Cubans are basically white as well.

Most Cubans in the US or on the Island?

These same fucking weirdos show up to every mass child murder thread to defend guns. Shit is fucking sick. Like how scared are you in the world to think that children are collateral damage just so you can have a gun on you.

Lol that part they be in every thread ready. Guarantee it.

Y’all really be in saying folks are against gun control when the gun owners are giving the ideas on how to track the sale of guns and other solutions to try and prevent things

@konceptjones this shit be funny but in a sad way

Yes but the gun crowd does start saying stuff like the government will take the guns away which maybe could happen but idk. I don’t think anybody has offered any realistic solutions

I got exactly what you were saying
I did too. It just doesn’t matter. It’s a pointless point. Especially when a lot of these are by white supremacists. Y’all forgot about the church shooting? The grocery store shooting? We still the targets. But it’s ok as long as niggas went through it in the 80’s and now some white people are going through it.

And it’s funny how y’all want to delineate between “beef” and street related shootings when defining mass shootings (which I agree with), but now want to conflate these same incidents with random mass shootings to make the chickens roosting argument. That shit y’all describe in the 80’s in black communities ain’t this and requires a different approach.

Yes but the gun crowd does start saying stuff like the government will take the guns away which maybe could happen but idk. I don’t think anybody has offered any realistic solutions
Well you’re wrong about all of this.

And I don’t like how y’all say it was worse in the 80s and 90s yes the past is worse than the present the present is supposed to be better lol saying how kids got shit in drug wars and wondering why people didn’t care then but care now is crazy. You as a kid in the 80s couldn’t do anything about it but saying that just how it is is get used to it is wild.

Back