Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tariq Nasheed’s new app FoundationFlex

It's not hard to understand what he means, but he has used it as a divisive tactic in the past. He tried to use it to say the murder of the young woman Olauwatoyin in Florida wasn't a Black American problem because the murderer wasn't Black American when it turns out he is...and he never corrected that statement. And others as well have used it to try and cause division trying to claim a monopoly on "Blackness" as if it's defined by one thing or group of Black folks.

Also is this the same as ADOS? Why two separate names for the same thing?

Antonio Moore and Yvette Carnell told Tariq their main objective WAS NOT to use ADOS as a form income to profit of it.

So Tariq started FBA as he'll be the sole copyright owner and thus reap all the money off of the branding and merchandise.

But first he had to come up with a reason to distance himself from Tone and Yvette that would justify him suddenly having his own movement which the very same as their.

Stay with me for a sec.......

I think niggas are missing the point entirely. I believe that the whole point of the FBA movement is for Foundational Black Americans who are decendants of slaves to receive reparations from America. It's really a simple as that. IF you aren't FBA then you should not piggy back or benefit off of this movement.

Now I see a lot of people have a problem with this response. The main problem they have is that they see it as being divisive. Well answer this for me. Why would an FBA movement need to exist in the first place? It's because anytime that anything positive or progressive gets done for Foundational Black Americans we have to share it with non FBA people. We have to compromise with non FBA people. Everything has to be co-authored or co-created in regards to FBA people. Why is is so hard for everyone to simply just do what's right for FBA people? The only people in this country who have to share all of their gains and never have anything to themselves is Foundational Black Americans. So the response when someone says they think FBA should receive x,y,z is always that FBA is being divisive.

Somebody please for the love of whoever you pray to tell me how can a group that has never been included, always cast away, never been properly awarded and recognized for their struggles the ones being divisive when they say since nobody wants to give us what we are owed we'll start our own thing to get it? Make that make sense. Please. So FBA people have to share their reparations with other groups and can't have their own? If non FBA people care about the issue so much then why don't they just create their own movement? Why do you feel the need to go and tell a group fighting for the specific people in this country who by all accounts have been the least recognized for reparations to stop what they are doing and share and be inclusive? If anything that is the real divisive shit right there.

So there was division among ADOS to the point he disassociated himself and he started FBA but hes not being divisive? That makes no sense.

And your question is pretty much asking what Americans have been doing for a long ass time in other countries

ADOS is a democratic organization just like BLM

a lot of yall have no concept of not wanting to be aligned with the political parties so you throw around the word "divisive".

Wrong and loud

I think niggas are missing the point entirely. I believe that the whole point of the FBA movement is for Foundational Black Americans who are decendants of slaves to receive reparations from America. It's really a simple as that. IF you aren't FBA then you should not piggy back or benefit off of this movement.

Now I see a lot of people have a problem with this response. The main problem they have is that they see it as being divisive. Well answer this for me. Why would an FBA movement need to exist in the first place? It's because anytime that anything positive or progressive gets done for Foundational Black Americans we have to share it with non FBA people. We have to compromise with non FBA people. Everything has to be co-authored or co-created in regards to FBA people. Why is is so hard for everyone to simply just do what's right for FBA people? The only people in this country who have to share all of their gains and never have anything to themselves is Foundational Black Americans. So the response when someone says they think FBA should receive x,y,z is always that FBA is being divisive.

Somebody please for the love of whoever you pray to tell me how can a group that has never been included, always cast away, never been properly awarded and recognized for their struggles the ones being divisive when they say since nobody wants to give us what we are owed we'll start our own thing to get it? Make that make sense. Please. So FBA people have to share their reparations with other groups and can't have their own? If non FBA people care about the issue so much then why don't they just create their own movement? Why do you feel the need to go and tell a group fighting for the specific people in this country who by all accounts have been the least recognized for reparations to stop what they are doing and share and be inclusive? If anything that is the real divisive shit right there.

I'd add that it's not only about reparations, but also about defining our ethnicity.
Black people with lineage reaching back to slavery in the US are unique in their own right.
We are within reason to define ourselves as the black population becomes more diverse with more black immigrants.

FBA is not to be divisive, it's not about political groups, there are no leaders.
It's about defining our ethnicity like anyone else has the right to do.
People already do this all over the world, it should not suddenly be rocket science when black people do it.

ADOS on the other hand is more than an ethnicity now.
ADOS is a group with leaders, chapters, specific views, and certain leanings in politics.
Long story short, Yvette and Tone eventually chose to do the above, Tariq didn't.

All that aside, I hope the app is a success.

As a fellow Foundational Black American I have stated many times that Africans and Caribbean’s do not want OUR reparations. And to me to even think that of other niggas to think other niggas would just barge in asking for check from here when they can ask Britain and France? And the have been bringing up the topic to those countries.

The insult to me is to thinking that they even want to get over on us. Black American competition isn’t coming from Panamanians and Jamaicans and Haitians. We talk about the Asians and Non Black Latinos and the Indians and Arabs. Let’s be even more logical Foundational Black Americans are the vast majority of the black people of the U.S. it seems strange to have this movement when we have not even had a discussion about reparations being a reality.

It seems like you looking at like other niggas want your money. You don’t view that as condescending at all? If England gave Nigeria and Jamaica reparations. And you see Nigerians and Jamaicans saying shit like “these Yankee niggas always hating and beggin” you would be offended like anybody else. It’s not even about sharing bro lol because this defense y’all have of this phrase is strange to me.

As a fellow Foundational Black American I have stated many times that Africans and Caribbean’s do not want OUR reparations. And to me to even think that of other niggas to think other niggas would just barge in asking for check from here when they can ask Britain and France? And the have been bringing up the topic to those countries.

The insult to me is to thinking that they even want to get over on us. Black American competition isn’t coming from Panamanians and Jamaicans and Haitians. We talk about the Asians and Non Black Latinos and the Indians and Arabs. Let’s be even more logical Foundational Black Americans are the vast majority of the black people of the U.S. it seems strange to have this movement when we have not even had a discussion about reparations being a reality.

It seems like you looking at like other niggas want your money. You don’t view that as condescending at all? If England gave Nigeria and Jamaica reparations. And you see Nigerians and Jamaicans saying shit like “these Yankee niggas always hating and beggin” you would be offended like anybody else. It’s not even about sharing bro lol because this defense y’all have of this phrase is strange to me.

As an FBA you can't speak for all immigrants, we can only assume what they would/wouldn't want.
It's commendable you have a high opinion of people, but where there's a loophole there's a will, where there's a will there's a way.
It's happened before and happens now with inheritances, copywrites, property disputes, and etc.
Highly likely non-FBAs, non-blacks, and anyone else that wants a piece of the pie would do so if they could get away with it.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to take precautions against that happening.

Imagine black Americans finally prioritizing themselves and other black Americans having a problem with it

Imagine black Americans pretending that prioritizing black Americans means excluding other black people

:smh:

Back