Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tariq Nasheed’s new app FoundationFlex

Tariq has explained what it means a 1,000 times over and folks don't want to understand it cause yall don't like it plain and simple.

It's really not creating a division
I don’t follow this man or know who he is. So I don’t know the meaning.

It's not hard to understand what he means, but he has used it as a divisive tactic in the past. He tried to use it to say the murder of the young woman Olauwatoyin in Florida wasn't a Black American problem because the murderer wasn't Black American when it turns out he is...and he never corrected that statement. And others as well have used it to try and cause division trying to claim a monopoly on "Blackness" as if it's defined by one thing or group of Black folks.

Also is this the same as ADOS? Why two separate names for the same thing?
Thanks for the detail.

Tariq seems like trash.

I'm not implying anything. If you really listened to Tariq you would know that is exactly one of his points in why he claims and started FBA. He's spoken many times about how some foreign blacks get on tv talking about black people born here in america and what aren't our problems with america and how white people ain't doing this that and the third to black people including black americans in america.

I get that but yes they got coons and so do we. I do think it’s silly af tho

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
If the goal is to get more people on the side of what he's saying wouldn't it be better to explain who Tariq is and what his stance is to somebody that doesnt know about him?

That ain't my goal. I couldn't careless just discussing a topic. That should be Tariq goal though

If the goal is to get more people on the side of what he's saying wouldn't it be better to explain who Tariq is and what his stance is to somebody that doesnt know about him?
This is why I don’t bother with stuff like this or people like him. People always want you to understand something but never wanna explain or show you where they got the info. If what I’m saying is wrong, why not help me try to understand, right?

it’s always them “do your research” ass people who want you to believe the “facts” they spew but when they are asked about where others can find this research, the response is “do your research”. It’s stupid to me and this is why I don’t debate or have conversations with people like this. Want people to side with them or understand something but don’t wanna help.

Tariq has explained what it means a 1,000 times over and folks don't want to understand it cause yall don't like it plain and simple.

It's really not creating a division

I understand his reasoning, but isn't this just a social app and not strictly a political advocacy tool? Is there some reason why blacks of all backgrounds shouldn't be building together?

I get the ADOS movement, and I think it is important to some extent. The reason I think it's divisive though is because not ever multi-generational black person in the U.S. is a descendant of slaves. What do you do about people whose grandparents or great grandparents immigrated here from the islands. They may not have been slaves, but they were affected by Jim Crow, so wouldn't they bear some of the consideration that people like Tariq think should be reserved for the descendants of slaves? I don't have an answer for that. I'm just curious about what others think.

I understand his reasoning, but isn't this just a social app and not strictly a political advocacy tool? Is there some reason why blacks of all backgrounds shouldn't be building together?

I get the ADOS movement, and I think it is important to some extent. The reason I think it's divisive though is because not ever multi-generational black person in the U.S. is a descendant of slaves. What do you do about people whose grandparents or great grandparents immigrated here from the islands. They may not have been slaves, but they were affected by Jim Crow, so wouldn't they bear some of the consideration that people like Tariq think should be reserved for the descendants of slaves? I don't have an answer for that. I'm just curious about what others think.

I think Tariq point is that when it comes to reparations if your folks weren't slaves in america you shouldn't get a check. Now just by being black in america a black person will benefit from everything such as certain civil rights laws that were passed. Black immigrants automatically benefit from that as soon as they step foot here and become a citizen.

Based on the definition at least one of your parents have to be foundational

How far back though

If my both My parents parents wasn’t born here and my mother wasn’t born but my father was born here.

Does that make you foundational?

I think Tariq point is that when it comes to reparations if your folks weren't slaves in america you shouldn't get a check. Now just by being black in america a black person will benefit from everything such as certain civil rights laws that were passed. Black immigrants automatically benefit from that as soon as they step foot here and become a citizen.

That's fair.

Back