Support or cancel: #firstThem

• Support

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Cancel

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • indifferent

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I think you're being tricked by the cut. Dude was a monster, and the movie will probably show that. They are playing up the "ladies man" angle to sell interest in the movie. But make no mistake, that is accurate. You can't portray the dude like Gein or Gacy just because he was a murder like them. The guy had multiple female fanclubs even after he was convicted because they found him just that charming as stupid as that sounds.
So he is being romanticized got it.

Explain to me how you portray a killer whose M.O. was being a ladies man as something other than a ladies man while still making an accurate portrayal.
You do the same thing they do when they want to create a narrative. You IGNORE IT and focus on him being a maniacal monster. But you claim to be smart but is acting obtuse right now and I don’t have patience for that.

You do the same thing they do when they want to create a narrative. You IGNORE IT and focus on him being a maniacal monster. But you claim to be smart but is acting obtuse right now and I don’t have patience for that.

I'm not acting obtuse. What you're suggesting is just stupid. If they ignore that part of the story, then there is no point in telling the story at all. The only reason Bundy's name is still talked about when so many other serial killers are forgotten is because of that persona.

That shit would be like them making the Bill Cosby story, but ignoring that he was a comedian, had the Cosby Show, and was a big name in the black community. No matter how much those CACs might want to tear him down with the rape part of the story, they wouldn't ignore all those other things because that would be stupid.

I'm not acting obtuse. What you're suggesting is just stupid. If they ignore that part of the story, then there is no point in telling the story at all. The only reason Bundy's name is still talked about when so many other serial killers are forgotten is because of that persona.

That shit would be like them making the Bill Cosby story, but ignoring that he was a comedian, had the Cosby Show, and was a big name in the black community. No matter how much those CACs might want to tear him down with the rape part of the story, they wouldn't ignore all those other things because that would be stupid.
and ill bet the cosby movie starts off with him putting a pill in a chicks drink.

So in other words he is being romanticized? He was a domestic terrorist who took the lives of god knows how many women so why do we care about him being a ladies man who was charming and loved pizza and long walks on the beach? This guy isn’t someone that needs ANY positive slant whatsoever. The entire movie needs to be about his trial and him killing his victims with absolutely no focus in any positive traits that can come off as sympathetic.

Freeway Rick Ross
Nicky Barnes
Alpo
Supreme
and countless rappers that was really in that life

They all get that stupid word you keep saying "romanticized"

Its a movie that has to shows all the sides. Cant tell half the story bruh

and ill bet the cosby movie starts off with him putting a pill in a chicks drink.

lol It might, but they'd still mention the Cosby show.

So in other words he is being romanticized? He was a domestic terrorist who took the lives of god knows how many women so why do we care about him being a ladies man who was charming and loved pizza and long walks on the beach? This guy isn’t someone that needs ANY positive slant whatsoever. The entire movie needs to be about his trial and him killing his victims with absolutely no focus in any positive traits that can come off as sympathetic.

I don't think romanticized means what you think it does. Portraying Bundy as he really was in real life isn't romanticizing him. It's just telling his story. And I've said it multiple times, the reason all that is important to the story is because it is how he was able to do all the bad shit. I don't see what you don't understand about that. If his M.O. was to charm women and lure them to be killed. How could they get to the killing part without showing the charming part. What you're describing is just bad storytelling.

You also seem to be missing a very glaring point. All those positive traits you keep talking about are FAKE. I'm not sure how you think he's coming off as sympathetic when even from the trailer it's pretty clear all of that is a mask. He isn't being portrayed as a nice guy with a family who happened to be a killer. He's being portrayed as a guy that pretended to be a nice guy with a family all so he could continue to be a killer.

Because thats how he was able to get his to his victims.....The shit is not hard to understand....Thats what was in his toolbox and putting those details in the movie isn't romanticizing anything.....It painting an accurate portrait of a monster as well depicting how so many women fell victims of his charm....If we as men educate our sisters, daughters cousins and nieces about these predators, why in the fuck wouldn't point to a real live historical figure as an example of what to avoid......This shit isn't hard to understand....If anything that should be portrayed in the move as a cautionary tale...

Because thats how he was able to get his to his victims.....The shit is not hard to understand....Thats what was in his toolbox and putting those details in the movie isn't romanticizing anything.....It painting an accurate portrait of a monster as well depicting how so many women fell victims of his charm....If we as men educate our sisters, daughters cousins and nieces about these predators, why in the fuck wouldn't point to a real live historical figure as an example of what to avoid......This shit isn't hard to understand....If anything that should be portrayed in the move as a cautionary tale...
You on that shit too huh?

lol It might, but they'd still mention the Cosby show.

I don't think romanticized means what you think it does. Portraying Bundy as he really was in real life isn't romanticizing him. It's just telling his story. And I've said it multiple times, the reason all that is important to the story is because it is how he was able to do all the bad shit. I don't see what you don't understand about that. If his M.O. was to charm women and lure them to be killed. How could they get to the killing part without showing the charming part. What you're describing is just bad storytelling.

You also seem to be missing a very glaring point. All those positive traits you keep talking about are FAKE. I'm not sure how you think he's coming off as sympathetic when even from the trailer it's pretty clear all of that is a mask. He isn't being portrayed as a nice guy with a family who happened to be a killer. He's being portrayed as a guy that pretended to be a nice guy with a family all so he could continue to be a killer.
We’re officially going around in circles...

nigga are you serious?

so scarface, new jack city and all other hood movies still aint keep chicks from fucking with doe boys but you want this movie to show the glamous side as a warning?

LMAO!!!!!!!
yea...you a lions fan

They can literally create any narrative they want in order to tell this story. Yeah he may have been a psycho but hey everybody look he was also a loving father, devout husband, who made pancakes for his daughter every morning, checked in on his elderly neighbor and he loved his dog. Man get the fuck outta here.

nigga are you serious?

so scarface, new jack city and all other hood movies still aint keep chicks from fucking with doe boys but you want this movie to show the glamous side as a warning?

LMAO!!!!!!!
yea...you a lions fan

Soooooo...you wanna compare fictional drug dealers to real life serial killers who today use the same exact tactics that will be portrayed in this movie?

Fair enough......

Shit like this is why I don't participate in these discussions....

and cosby drugged bitches , touched tits and sent them home in taxis.

all he did for hbcu's should not have any bearing on him being a pervert.
this is what was said.....^^^^^^^^

but bundy should be seen as a ladies man?

im losing hope in black people.

i need to get my genealogy tested.....i cant be like yall.
my mind working different.

Soooooo...you wanna compare fictional drug dealers to real life serial killers who today use the same exact tactics that will be portrayed in this movie?

Fair enough......

Shit like this is why I don't participate in these discussions....
my nigga.......how many times has a chick went down because of being with a dopeboy? did that stop any other chicks from dealing with them? even after seeing it first hand? and FYI new jack city was loosely based off real events.

and cosby drugged bitches , touched tits and sent them home in taxis.

all he did for hbcu's should not have any bearing on him being a pervert.
this is what was said.....^^^^^^^^

but bundy should be seen as a ladies man?

im losing hope in black people.

i need to get my genealogy tested.....i cant be like yall.
my mind working different.

Who said this specifcally?

D.L. Hughly specifically stated that his charity can not be discounted and I dont see anyone who has ever tried deny his charity....but if you are too damn dense to understand how Bundy got to these women and why it should be discussed....there is nothing I can do for you....

fuck....I'll try again next year....I don't do these circle jerk discussions....

Back