FEATURED "Speaker" Dee-1 Calls Out Jim Jones, Rick Ross and Other Rappers

test
If you cant listen to Raekwon or Young Thug and hold down a job or act like a decent human being at the same time. You’re doomed regardless. You’re an idiot. Hopefully your bloodline ends in prison. Good riddance. Niggas like being niggas. That’s the answer. Niggas gonna always gone find a way to nig.

Because satellite radio isn’t as accessible to the masses and again the channel is overseen by a lyrical miracle rapper with no need to cater to a wide demo
Lol I know all this. That’s why I said that’s how mainstream radio, (the ones accessible to the masses) should be.

Lol I know all this. That’s why I said that’s how mainstream radio, (the ones accessible to the masses) should be.
I know I agreed with you and said that’s how it should be but you then asked why it’s not a good example

Just was answering you

• Goat
Reactions: 5th Letter
There are literal studies that show movies have an affect on people

Everything we give attention has an affect on us. But rappers portray it as a real life. Seeing a real person really living a life is different than seeing a fantasy person do it.

I think this debate comes down to the age of the listener and how young people are so impressionable and also the way the 'song' is delivered... The way the song is delivered being key...

Like in drill and some rap songs the artists rap in 1st person and give off the perception they are still literally doing crime and make songs extra personal, especially if theyre seen as 'official' or once official in the street: 'Im smoking on *insert dead opps friend* my hitters just spun the block last week, one phone call your whole family are put to sleep' etc type rhymes...

Whereas artists like G Rap and Rae often rap in 3rd person or past tense and/or its clear they are storytelling or narrating what is going on, rapping about their past lives 'I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side, Staying alive was no jive' and rappers like Sean Price also added humour into their rhymes... Again its the way the songs and messages are delivered... And also how the rapper acts in real life, like listen to a 50cent interview, its clear hes not doing dirt anymore and is an artist...

On the other hand its clear drill music is influencing and encouraging violence and more so its actually at aimed kids of an impressionable age... Also most of the artists are street dudes first, rappers second, literally rapping (and ad social media posts to go with it) about crimes theyve just committed that day and people within their circle (or of that life) know about, so when they get famous they are revered and glorified...

Like others have said no matter how violent a song is, people at 30yr+ and working a 9-5 arnt likely to be influenced but kids under 20yr, especially without a job are...

I like some drill though, I'll put on a few songs to get me hype in the gym etc but Im not at an impressionable age...

With all that being said, we are all walking contradictions so its a complex subject...

Last edited:
  • Ether
Reactions: 400Degreez