Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED "Speaker" Dee-1 Calls Out Jim Jones, Rick Ross and Other Rappers

test
Ya, but when everyone's not doing that it makes it harder. It's easier for kids not to get caught up in bullshit when their peers aren't caught up in bullshit. So even if you do your job as a parent the outside world still has a big impact.

One bad apple spoils the bunch. Well what about 300?
Yea but look at your own life and situation we were all around bad apples at some point in life and managed to figure out and end up posting on a message board

So it can be done right?

People complaining about the negative influeneces of every genre. Anytime one of those white kids gets to shooting shit up they blame video games and rock music still. Folks wanna try and pinpoint 1 singular cause and that will never work. It's parents and what they teach their kids. It's the ability of a consumer to separate entertainment from reality. It's a mixture of whatever outside influences they're around (friends, school, other family etc). You'd basically have to make a kid anti social to avoid being influenced by the things that make not only rap but any form of art and expression in general both good and bad.

I personally think artist do have some level of responsibility for what they put out to the public but I also know that the consumers amplify their choices with what is supported. And I don't think kids are but so responsible for that last part because they don't have the income to support it on their own. Alot of parents simply aren't paying attention to the fact that their kids are consuming content not meant for children. And that's not on a random rapper to make sure your kid don't hear their song. Thats on the parents/guardians or even their community at large.

There's also a very large disconnect between shit being viral/popular vs it being influential because social media has people interacting that normally never would. So an older person might see teens singing a viral song on twitter or tiktok and think it's a sign it's the next big thing when to a 15 year old it's just the song of the week. In the space of hip hop you can see that with live shows. Because there's been plenty artist that have had 1 or 2 viral hits that people swore was gonna destroy the youthbut never an actual album or can't sell out even a small venue because nobody is actually buying their shit or paying attention past that 1 moment.

As The Masiach pointed out:

And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.(John 3:19-21)

The light has no darkness in it. The light can’t shed negativity onto anything. The light merely reveals what’s there. And behold, it turns out your works was promoting wicked behavior. Turkeys and bikes can’t cover it. You need something worlds more valuable than that.

Now that we know your work promoted wicked activity and that turkeys and bikes can’t cover it, are you willing to accept that, knowing therefore your work won’t stand a chance in the light, and that it would be best you have a change of heart while you still have a chance? Or nahh?

Anyways, brother Dee-1 is good. He’s been on this type of note since the beginning. He’s never been an industry dude and doesn’t push that Devil worshipping stuff everyone else in the industry push. I will say this too, you can’t really hold them dudes accountable for what’s in their music. If they not willing to change then they actually doing their job. Just let them rock. Better time spent focusing on the impressionable minds out here that you can reach with your own music to help expose and turn them away from the trash.

Dee-1 right.

Them dudes ain't gonna listen tho. They gone do what they wanna do. I hope Dee-1 spend some time on them white folk funding these rappers too.

Giving turkeys and pampers does not give black people opportunities to change their life. Drug dealers gave turkeys every year, but still sold poison to their own people. Where is affordable housing for blacks? training opportunities and mentorship? Healthcare and business opportunities? Giving clothes to a person who in the hood does not get them out the hood.

Last edited:
I just think at some point, you supposed to be in a place where you are so far removed from that lifestyle, how is it that you're still talking about it as if you're still active in it?

Nas just put out 6 projects that showed me it can be done
I think this is more of the audience issue. Sadly the general audience of Rap has not matured. Look how back pack rap was treated by the masses.

Giving turkeys and pampers does not give black people opportunities to change their life. Drug dealers gave turkeys every year, but still sold poison to their own people. Where is affordable housing for blacks? training opportunities and mentorship? Healthcare and business opportunities? Giving clothes to a person who in the hood does not get them out the hood.

I think Americans put too muck stock on n entertainers and that’s double for us. Why we looking to rappers to be role models?

Back