Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED "Speaker" Dee-1 Calls Out Jim Jones, Rick Ross and Other Rappers

test
I'm not playing dumb

I just sat here and said earlier in the thread that Hollywood isn't pounding it's chest over keeping it real/being authentic

Rappers, by and large have built followings over keeping it real/being authentic

How old does a nigga like Jim Jones have to be before YOU are like, ok man, he too old for this shit?
If you’re a rapper that claims a certain lifestyle and is telling stories based on your experiences then sure that’s one thing. But there are plenty of rappers that are allowed creative license in their music. No one believes Jadakiss bathtub lifts up off the fucking floor.

If you’re a rapper that claims a certain lifestyle and is telling stories based on your experiences then sure that’s one thing. But there are plenty of rappers that are allowed creative license in their music. No one believes Jadakiss bathtub lifts up off the fucking floor.
Now who's playing dumb

I was 16. Yes I believed pretty much EVERYTHING these niggas were saying.

I didn't know anything about creative license in music in 2001 and I was well inundated into rap music by then.

We're in the lie to make our point stage of the debate tho. So go ahead.

We can’t act like Jim Jones ain’t have miggas wanting to be Blood who never even seen Piru street or been to LA. Can’t act like kids saying GDK when it’s no GDs in their city isn’t a thing.

I don’t think hip hop needs to die but acting like the negative side of rap isn’t also the most popular side and the side with the most influence.

I’m saying why can’t black music just be music. And if someone gets influenced by something a rapper said then it’s an indictment on that individual?

But like anything our music is part of an agenda. If you can see it other agendas in other forms you can’t be blind to this.

I’m saying why can’t black music just be music. And if someone gets influenced by something a rapper said then it’s an indictment on that individual?
Bro niggas are dying or going to jail behind the shit.

I don't care about the music being black music I cared that black kids are the target market and that it has real influence and hold over some of them.

Focus up.

Back