Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I posted this on the IC back when another Black man was murdered by the cops.

I swear what the Honorable Minister Farrakhan has basically come to pass. The youth are tearing this country apart and now "they" wanna talk.

And that's why I got this song in my "Black EmPOWERment" playlist on almost repeat over the last two weeks.

I've been quiet on this topic by choice because what else can really be said. One thing i have noticed is videos from other countries supposedly standing in solidarity with the US because that have a history of fighting with an oppressive government.

Out of all the cases in lets say....the last ten years....this is the time that everyone wants to jump on board? In an election year with a President that backs white supremacist and refuses to condemn the brutality and unjustified murders, THIS is the time everyone is on the same page? This is when the media is oversaturated with biased coverage on what is going on around the country?

Something doesn't feel right about it. If yall have watched Homeland, it's starting to seem like a See Eye Aye situation....

I've been quiet on this topic by choice because what else can really be said. One thing i have noticed is videos from other countries supposedly standing in solidarity with the US because that have a history of fighting with an oppressive government.

Out of all the cases in lets say....the last ten years....this is the time that everyone wants to jump on board? In an election year with a President that backs white supremacist and refuses to condemn the brutality and unjustified murders, THIS is the time everyone is on the same page? This is when the media is oversaturated with biased coverage on what is going on around the country?

Something doesn't feel right about it. If yall have watched Homeland, it's starting to seem like a See Eye Aye situation....

I've noticed that and from what I've seen from people on the right and those that tend to believe cops above all is that this case is just flat out too egregious to be denied and you have to be deeply embedded in your racism to not see otherwise. It's a "come to Jesus" moment for some of them. How long that emotion lasts is to be seen, but that's what I've seen expressed by some who in the past would've been on the "Wait for more evidence" side

Back