Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Bad timing...its too emotional right now for this.

But he's absolutely right. These police unions show up at election time and when their contracts are negotiated. They pour massive amounts of money into political campaigns...both democrats and republicans are too happy to take the money.

You know the ads...usually some white women or little black girl that was murdered is used to blame the police reform candidate for being soft on crime. The candidate of their choosing gets in and returns the favor during negotiation time.

Black activists groups need to have the money, leadership to compete. Some of them are union members themselves and dont want to cross the picket line at all...even in regards to law enforcement.

Congress can pass a law to forbid law enforcement unions from making campaign contributions as part of a criminal justice reform package if im not mistaken. That needs to happen...with almost anything in politics...if you follow the money youll get to where the problem is.

Bad timing...its too emotional right now for this.

But he's absolutely right. These police unions show up at election time and when their contracts are negotiated. They pour massive amounts of money into political campaigns...both democrats and republicans are too happy to take the money.

You know the ads...usually some white women or little black girl that was murdered is used to blame the police reform candidate for being soft on crime. The candidate of their choosing gets in and returns the favor during negotiation time.

Black activists groups need to have the money, leadership to compete. Some of them are union members themselves and dont want to cross the picket line at all...even in regards to law enforcement.

Congress can pass a law to forbid law enforcement unions from making campaign contributions as part of a criminal justice reform package if im not mistaken. That needs to happen...with almost anything in politics...if you follow the money youll get to where the problem is.
he maintained white supremacy in an 8 year term & did nothing for black ppl, & yet there are folks still so eager to defend him

EZcAKLHXQAIMDit

Why give this racist a platform.

Especially when he aint even a regular racist.

He makes his money of racism. Millions a year to promote racism. Mfer promotes someshit he might not even believe cause it makes him money.

What are they gonna do? Change his mind, show him hes wrong and make him give up millions a year to stop promoting racism?

Smh. One of the dumbest things ive seen.

i kinda understand the breakfast club thing

but its just gonna fall on deaf ears. They not gonna change his mind. Just like the shit with CTG and Tomi Lauren or whatever her name is...some people dont want to be educated and will bask in their stupidity

Got on a meeting at work, meeting lead asked if its a good idea to go around the room and let people express their emotions about the protests.

I got off mute so quick. Was like no, i rather not bring politics to work. Everyone else stayed shut.

Like fam, I gotta work with all yall the next few months/years. I really aint trying to hear someone say some dumb shit, me check them, and then we cant work together no more.

Back