Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I'm glad we got video because other wise.... crazy that we had a thread talking about we dont need video
:Pathetic:

I don't think the sentiment was that videos aren't needed but moreso that choosing not to watch them doesn't mean you're somehow less involved, affected or care less about the murders.

@5th Letter do you believe in allies?

I know your question wasn’t to me, but want to speak on this. Allies are needed and welcomed for sure. You see there were white people were around those protests? There’s always white people and people of all races protesting with us. You don’t bring them into the inner circle or anything, but they can definitely be useful.

Think of them like an amplifier. They don’t create or have any bearing on the message, just make it louder so more people can hear.

respectfully....

this is a bunch of bs and a convenient excuse.

how much personal can it get when police are targeting black men? and lets not pretend alot of dudes are kingpins fighting for real money.

and if all is true...then civilians would not be targets.

dudes out here getting killed over facebook posts, bruh

but now aint the time for this. we can speak about this at another time.

That actually speaks more to Du's point that they don't value their own lives so why would they value the lives of those who also look like them?

Reactions: GNS
Brother, yes, murder is murder. I will never dispute that.
But the western part of the world teaches us differently and that protecting your own is a must no matter how dark and ugly it is.

Flip the role of what happened and a white cop would get a lesser punishment or no punishment at all.

So it does hurt my heart that Noor is facing 12 or 13 years in prison. It should be half of that. He is an African man who commited a terrible 'mistake'. If I am wrong for loving and protecting those that share the same skin colour as me, then I'll accept that charge wholeheartedly.
fuck muhammad norr and ALL dirty the killer cops. murder is murder and wrong is wrong. he was wrong then and you're wrong now. fuck him and fuck these four pigs. let them all rot.

Ftr fuck Muhammad Norr. He was wrong for killing that woman. She was an innocent, unarmed citizen who did absolutely nothing wrong. Norr deserves to be just where he is. The point of my post is that these four pigs need to be in prison rotting along side him.

Wrong doesn't become magically right just because your skin is dark. I'm not a hypocrite like your average racist ass cac. Nor am I a sadistic, blood thirsty, inhumane savage who supports criminal and heinous acts based upon who commutes the act and who the act was committed against. Murder is murder. George Floyd and that white woman should BOTH be alive today. The actions of the pigs that led to their deaths were WRONG on ALL accounts. The difference is amerikkka didn't hesitate to hold an African Muslim accountable for the murder of a white woman. Let's see in amerikkka will do the same four these pigs who unnecessarily and brutally murdered this black man.

Fuck Muhammad Norr and all of his pig friends. And if you supported the arrest, prosecution and conviction of Norr but feel differently about these four miscreants than fuck you to.

Thing I hate the most with cops and this shit a lot of times they use the excuse of being scared for their life so they overreact. But why if you scared of dying would you take a job risking that. Like being a Fireman scared of fire

I know your question wasn’t to me, but want to speak on this. Allies are needed and welcomed for sure. You see there were white people were around those protests? There’s always white people and people of all races protesting with us. You don’t bring them into the inner circle or anything, but they can definitely be useful.

Think of them like an amplifier. They don’t create or have any bearing on the message, just make it louder so more people can hear.
I see them on social media saying all the right things, amplifying the message. I see them on go fund me breaking bread...but idk, it still feels hollow at the end of the day

as much sense as you think this makes....on a small level it might, on the grand scheme it doesnt.

so why is anyone mad at how we are treated by others? like you just said...we all want it one way but its the other way.

Well just cuz me an homeboy are fighting does not mean a third party can jump in it

I don't think the sentiment was that videos aren't needed but moreso that choosing not to watch them doesn't mean you're somehow less involved, affected or care less about the murders.

Facts not trying to deflect but the whole point was missed. Folks don’t want to see us killed in a loop on tv. Does not mean we are against video evidence

@The Lonious Monk

This one of them good Asian dudes u talking bout?

Show me the post where I said anything about "good Asians" ever. My problem was with ya'll trying to punish one group of Asians for something a completely different group of Asians did. If ya'll think that's cool, fine. We can agree to disagree, but don't start @ing me every time you see some dumb shit with an Asian as if I think any higher of them than I do anyone else. I think all groups are mostly trash, and the shit ya'll say often reinforces that belief.

Something as simple as this....It's a risk. But he tried it.

Honestly, in cases like this one with Floyd, I think that is what people are going to have to start doing. Not so much a sucker punch, but instead of like three or four niggas standing there telling the man to get off Floyd's neck, they should have just rushed the cop and pulled him off. That's a tough choice to make though because whether you wind up going to jail for assaulting an officer or getting shot by the partner, you could very well end up trading your life for the other person's. It's a fucked up situation.

That actually speaks more to Du's point that they don't value their own lives so why would they value the lives of those who also look like them?
man i can go so many places with both posts......i clearly understand his point and thats the sad part.

sad in many ways thats never addressed.

Back