Welcome To aBlackWeb

So what age would be a good age to have sex ed?

What does parents being negligent about their guns have anything to do on whether wanting your kids learning about sex and the related topics. Stop being a dumbass
If your child can be exposed to a firearm at school, why is far fetched for them to be exposed to a child/adult who identifies as something not taught in your home?

And if there being exposed to it by their peers, why is it so Taboo for adults, who we assume for arguement sake have a much better understanding of it, to teach and educate them on it?

My girls are 8 and 6 and we have already started to talk to them about periods and my oldest has asked where babies come from. As much as we want to wait to have these types of conversations, we know that especially with girls you have to be on point.

I'm not saying y'all wrong either, I just don't feel it's necessary for a child that young to be worried about sex and that gay community

If your child can be exposed to a firearm at school, why is far fetched for them to be exposed to a child/adult who identifies as something not taught in your home?

And if there being exposed to it by their peers, why is it so Taboo for adults, who we assume for arguement sake have a much better understanding of it, to teach and educate them on it?
Knowing what someone identify as isn't important enough for kids to be worried about learning in school

Them middle school kids be gay as hell....

They was gay as hell when we was in middle school

And the way they were treated back then would get a kid expelled today. Best to teach them how to interact healthy with each other now

I'm not saying y'all wrong either, I just don't feel it's necessary for a child that young to be worried about
But you see how you’re dictating things that’s not fully in your control?

You can’t make society adjust to you ,You have to adjust to society

Let’s say you learned what you did at 15 years old.

Kids probably learned that same thing when they were 11. But you want to dictate what they learn and expose them to certain things using the clock you did or what you feel is best

As a parent you can do what you want but stuff like arrested development exists (not saying that’s what this is)

Lol at "they don't need to know before random age" as if by age 12 they ain't never heard of or seen a gay person, man/woman interacting, probably started puberty, and already talking about sex.

I literally just finished a Vice debate where a school teacher in Texas said right now they've got the highest rate of pregnant middle school kids...and part of the problem is parents not wanting their kids to learn about sex ed, which includes biology and sexual health education, which leaves them to figure it out on their own. Just because some parents wanna pretend certain shit don't exist don't mean your kids won't encounter it. Better to let them know the correct shit than some random bullshit they'll hear from a friend.

Should also be noted that kids who don't know these things tend to be easier for predators to target because...they were never taught the right and wrong things about their own bodies and certain interactions.

7th-8th grade is the perfect time to introduce those classes

The years before should be the parent slowly introducing them.

The problem is...alot of parents don't. School and friends are often the only places some kids hear/learn about these things. As somebody who went to Catholic school trust me I knew plenty kids who didn't know what most consider simple basic knowledge about their own bodies let alone sex because their parents thought even teaching them that much was "too much".

Knowing what someone identify as isn't important enough for kids to be worried about learning in school
Isnt as important......to you

One of the friends may be struggling with they identity and sexuality. Hell they may be struggling with their identity and sexuality. Yes at 10, 11, and 12

Why pretend like these things don't exist? How does it help them to keep them ignorant?

And I get the fear of parents being afraid that schools may be pushing an agenda on kids but that shit is happening everywhere. It’s on tv and everything.

People don't have issues with pushing agendas. They just don't like the agendas they don't agree with being pushed. Folks really ain't as open minded towards different ideas as we think we all are.

Isnt as important......to you

One of the friends may be struggling with they identity and sexuality. Hell they may be struggling with their identity and sexuality. Yes at 10, 11, and 12

Why pretend like these things don't exist? How does it help them to keep them ignorant?
Yes to me since I can only speak for me. It's not a school matter so lets stop acting like it is

You ok with them learning about lynching and raping pillaging and murdering prejudice and bigotry

How is this letting a kid be a kid?
Because it's actual school learning that black kids need to know, what degree is there in learning about trans and other queer topics.

Back